1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Broncos

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 18, 2016.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Novak will be the player of the game going 7/7FGA.
    21-3 Texans!

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I posted this elsewhere - but I think it bears repeating - Osweiler, on the team's final 8 drives (including OT and not including regulation kneel-down): 23/31; 255 yards; 8.2 YPA; 2 TDs; 1 INT; 106.3 QB rating; 26 points. It was not *just* the final minutes + OT; he was pretty great for 2.5 Qs.

Overall, he finished with a 90.7 QB rating - his best of the year. If you want a reason to be optimistic about his future, there ya go.

Uprising likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

BOB finally realizing in the last game that Lamar Miller is best used outside the tackles gives me some hope that the Texans can do something in this one. Also, the Broncos are coming off of 2 straight losses, so they aren't unbeatable. It'll take a perfect game by the defense and the best O line game of the season along with the Osweiler of the 2nd half of last game all game long.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Watch the SD-Den game. They gave a prototype of how to beat the Broncos. On offense, short quick passes and a lot of running. On defense, Clowney can duplicate what Bosa did and make things tough on Simien. Stopping CJ is going to be tough though.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And then we all remember it was against an incredibly porous Colts defense. But yes, it was a good game by Brock....I'd certainly prefer this over talking about another bad loss.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We said the same thing about the pats and vikings.

I'm setting my expectations super low so as to not be disappointed.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And it was true, saying that a team "can be beaten" doesn't mean "will be beaten". The Texans played an all around god-awful game against the Patriots and that led to a blowout, but that doesn't mean they weren't "beatable".

The Vikings.....well they were/are just a hell of a lot better than pretty much anyone thought they were. That game might not have been winnable.....but they weren't coming in with a 2 game losing streak.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah even against the colts he looked bad at least half of the game.

Would like to see the offense show more consistency.

The defense is still top 10 IMO

9. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Last night we played on Monday Night Football, it was a W against a good team. Will win, but an ugly score.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I had never seen such a low rating on NFL Pick 'em for that game. Bengals were picked 99%, and the only reason we got a vote was because one selector always just picks the road team and that was us. Then we pulled off that win last week in the final minutes (yes I know, it shouldnt have come to that, but I can't name a year this team ever acted that clutch).. IT's hard for me not to hope for this Monday's game.

11. Hey Now!

That's fair - but as I also posted earlier: if we're going to "yeah, but" his performance against the Colts, we have to hold the same standard against the Vikings. Or, frankly, Broncos - two uber-elite defenses.

The Texans are probably - probably - going to win 8-11 games this year. The main thing, at least for me, is I want to see Osweiler develop and get markedly better as the year progresses. Frankly, if given a choice, I'd rather the team go 8-8 but that we have a solid idea that Osweiler is for real than have it go 10-6 almost in spite of him and head into next year with uncertainty.

In that regard, his performance Sunday night was encouraging.

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Osweiler is still kinda new and definitely hoping for improving. At this point of reality, losing our best player in watt, losing prolly our best CB ..I just want osweiler to show what he showed recently plus keep improving and maybe a deep run in playoffs and I'll be happy with that . Here's hoping for a win on Monday

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Man, this is going to be a tough game...but, if the coaches do their job, we have a chance here. I've watched every Broncos game this season, their pass rush will dominate any OL, so I dont see us doing well in that department, which has me worried about Brock's performance. BUT...

Their pass rushers will be so aggressive and want to get after Brock so much, I believe they will be very susceptible to the screen. I really hope the coaches are aware of this, as anything less than 3-4 screen passes this game is unacceptable. That's the only way we can keep contain their aggressiveness. And I like our chances with Lamar getting the ball in space.

I also hope Fuller plays...mostly because we need to give that defense as many things to think/worry about as possible.

I wish Kevin Johnson was playing this game....I think it hurts us a bit without him out there. If we can contain their rush (we did terrible against the Colts), then I dont think Trevor is going to hurt us. It's going to be a low scoring game...17-20 points wins it.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The comeback in the 4th and OT...I dont care who the defense was, if we want to talk about the arbitrary "it" factor, Brock showed something there. Cant overlook his performance during that portion of the game.

The other aspect of it is the first 3 quarters, which were absolutely abysmal. Brock showed his floor there, and it's really low.

It was an incredibly bipolar game for him. Basically going as low as you can go...to looking like a superstar. I feel like this is deja vu with him (from his Denver starts). He really needs some consistency, but hopefully we can start seeing that from him.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Hey Now!

I keep pointing this out... the first three quarters were NOT abysmal... He put together two scoring drives before the 4Q; one 66 yards (2Q), the other 82 (3Q). Yes, it was on the back of (mostly) Miller (8/68 + Blue 1/14) - but he was 2/3 on third downs and 9/12 overall (for 64 yards) on the two drives. Most importantly, he was making much better throws, including a 22-yarder to CJF. He unfortunately followed it up with that terrible interception - but I'm not arguing he was great (unimpressive 5.3 YPA); just that he heated up earlier than people seem to realize. Additionally, Miller got untracked and that helped him out, too.

He has a lot of baggage and expectations - but if that had been his debut, I think people would be through the roof thrilled with that performance. Hopefully, they can build on it.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Will lose by 10+, probably 15+.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I recall seeing a tweet about the first few quarters of Brock on Sunday where he was like a 40 and then in the 4th and OT he was a 114 rating.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Our players get the worst foot injuries..... Martin, now Kevin.

What happened to 6 weeks for a bone to heal?

20. conquistador#11

It's kind of showing oz is a rhythm quarterback so far. They have to find a way to get him in some kind of rhythm early, easy passes to everyone not named deandre and go no huddle, maybe even do the kubiak 'muddle'