1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Broncos

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

either way i will laugh. One, laughing at the comical fashion the texans learn how to lose. Or two, how awesome the texans look and how i will just think about how they managed to lose the other games.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

TeBow gets his 1st win!

Rocket River

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I agree. I mean he better impress the hell out of Denver with whatevever crap script he puts together. It would do all of us better, the more Denver wants him the less it will break Uncle Bob's heart to drop him.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I dunno. The more Denver wants him, the more it makes it seem like Kubiak has value and is worth keeping. Bob will say "Look, Kubiak can't be THAT bad. There's another team right there that's dying to have him as their coach."

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol watch Tebow slice and dice our secondary

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Again, apparently we haven't learned how this team operates. This is a game where we EXPECT the Texans to come out flat, unmotivated, with more reasons to lose than win. That is precisely why they are going to come out guns blazing, with everybody firing on all cylinders, and win going away in a blow-out. Tebow can't throw the ball, therefore our abysmal secondary won't get tested, and our defense will look serviceable. Bob McNair will then come out and say that our fanbase just needs to be patient, and give these young kids a chance to develop, and he will imply even further than he is inclined to keep Kubiak.

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So if we get spanked by the Broncos, what does Mcnair say then?

"we are still on the right track"

or what?

9. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Bob will "see a lot of positives from this game" whether we blow out the Broncos or GET blown out. Doesn't matter.

10. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't know whether to cheer for the Broncos so Kubiak will want to go there, or cheer for the Texans so they (the Broncos) will want him more. This is difficult. And to add even more complexity, if he leaves, McNair could hire an unknown coach on the cheap and keep him forever. I suppose we could do worse even though it is hard to imagine.

#31 solid, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dear Pat Bowlen,

Tim Tebow has to do his part and I have to do my part in getting him ready to play, but I promise you I'll find a way to make him successful because it's in him. We have to get the people around him to help him out.

But you are right from the standpoint that I'm a Tim Tebow fan. I watch him work, I know what kind of skills he has and I know as a coach what you've got to have to work with in this league to win. The kid really knows how to battle and fight!

And there's no reason why Tim shouldn't be a very successful quarterback. That's my job, that's my challenge and I can't wait to get going with it.

Sincerely,
    Gary Kubiak

Took what Kubiak said about another former first round QB and added the battle and fight part to make it sound more authentic and applicable to the Tebow.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Any chance Tebow get's off this game, and at least get's a rushing TD? He is free in the great majority of fantasy leagues.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I picked him up for ****s and giggles in a consolation game last week and he got about 20 points. i think he could easily better that against us. He might be the only player on the field that's actually hungry for a win.

15. val_modus

val_modus Member

Tim Teebow career day vs Texans, just like every other dam QB in this league

1 person likes this.
  16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's the ultimate litmus test game for Tebow. If he struggles and throws INTs, he's just another Rusty Smith. If he lights it up through the air, he's more Manning/Rivers/Romo/etc. :grin:

17. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

So Kub is going to coach against his old team ... or will it be his new team? :grin:

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

chron is reporting that an MRI revealed more damage to Andre's ankle and he might miss the game

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Dang. Shut him down. Don't jeopardize anything regarding his future.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's just damage control by McNair to explain why Kubiak lost the last two games. That way we can keep Gary. ;)