1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Broncos

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Thanks man. It's nice knowing that if somebody is in a position to miss the conference, there are posters like you who are always there to keep us plugged in. Major props.

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Did they really say it like that? I love it.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ehh close enough, yes :p Barry Warner asked that.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Not a fan of Warner's act but that was a pretty bold question. Bold in comparison to other questions he gets asked during his pressers. Matt Musal's question about the protest could have been good but then went straight to the "how does it make you feel" card...it sucks I imagine.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I actually like Barry Warner
    he is NOT a homer

Rocket river

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If Fisher and Coughlin get fired, they'll get interviews. If Kubiak gets fired, only Denver will give him a pity interview.

Can't believe Singletary got fired yet we can't fire an equally incompetent head coach.

7. Fyreball

Barry Warner is good because he doesn't care about coddling anybody's feelings , or holding anything back as far as tone. However, he sucks in that he knows nothing about what it takes to be a good football team/player, but he gallivants around like he does. I will say this though.....at least the guy is PASSIONATE about Houston sports. Unlike those douchebags Innes and Lord, or Dylan "I'm a jackass of the highest order" Gwinn, Warner actually CARES about the teams and the players, and you can tell.

8. Fyreball

I will say this. Just because Kubiak has not been fired yet is no indication that he will NOT be fired. Maybe McNair has already informed Gary that he will not return next season, but they've both decided to go ahead and finish the season out. It's a sign of respect, and the one thing that I DON'T think Kubiak deserves is disrespect. The man has put in his time here, and although it didn't work, there's no reason to hold any hard feelings towards him, or wish him ill. Maybe by letting him play out the rest of the year, it gives him an opportunity to get some closure with his players, and allows the players to get closure with him. I'm not saying this is the case or anything, I'm just throwing it out there as a possible explanation as to why he hasn't been fired yet. After all, it's pretty well known that McNair is a great guy to work for, and I've gotta think these are the things that give that reputation credence. I sincerely doubt us waiting for this week to play out will cause us to miss out on any potential coaching hires.....especially if McNair has already made up his mind.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If he plays AJ in a totally worthless game in an effort to save his job, he deserves disrespect. Kudos to AJ for still wanting to play, but if it's only him while the defense has already quit on Kubes, it's a foolish gesture for a man not deserving of AJs loyalty.

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

One could argue that lame duck/limbo Kubiak (publically) is more disrespectful than fired but being allowed to coach his final game Kubiak.

There are fans that will boo, bring signs, wear paper bags, not attend, etc. Not including posts on message boards, newspaper articles, reporters questions, sports radio, etc.

#350 Smokey, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Charles is not the only reason that KC is gonna be in the playoffs... :rolleyes:

As for yds/carry, they are different backs. Charles is used on a lot of draws and sweeps to use his speed so he has longer runs, while foster runs between the tackles a lot because he is a 230 lb back with good speed... charles is great, but there is a reason he isn't a goal line back and he hasnt been an every down back in the NFL. The best running back in the NFL cant be a player that likely wouldnt be on the field for his own team on 4th and goal from the one.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not only that, but you can argue that a lot of the reason Foster's YPC average is lower is because of the fact that he is a goal line/short yardage back.

It's not all about yards per carry. Last year, Houston was ranked last (or at least at the bottom of the pack, I believe) in red zone scoring efficiency. This year, with Foster, we're near the top. We're also at the top on converting third and shorts. Reason being? Arian Foster.

In the red zone, Foster has 95 carries, for an average of 2.4 yards per carry.

Charles, on the other hand, has 28 carries (only 9 of which are from inside the ten) for an average of 3.75 yards.

Thomas Jones has 62 carries for an average of 2.3 yards.

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Well, on the plus (or is it neutral?) side, next season we get to be a candidate to be one of those teams every year that goes from double digit losses to double digit wins. Perhaps it's our turn to keep that streak alive...

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Didn't Tatum Bell have an insane YPC average one year with Denver?