1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Bengals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 6, 2011.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Benson: on pace for another 1100 yard season with almost 4 ypc is good. It's not elite, but not that many teams are blessed to have guys getting to the 5 ypc mark....and those guys normally are the second back, not the workhorse. Foster is at 4.1.

Dalton: expected to play (hip)

First Round Bye: we need help, we don't control our own destiny there. NE (SOV) and BAL (H2H) both own tiebreakers on us and likely will own them to the end. NE has a cakewalk finish and will probably be 13-3 or 12-4. BAL could also run the table, but at least faces a couple of feisty teams.

I think the #1 seed is becoming out of reach, and while the #2 is plausible, #3 appears to be a better than 50-50 likelihood.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I've never understood this bizarre phenomenon with certain sports fans. Wouldn't you rather look at it as your own team simply being that good, as opposed to the other team being overrated?

The Saints average a ridiculous 449 yards per game, far and away best in the league, and 33 points, second only to Green Bay. They were playing indoors and on turf. They're just that good. Not sure what that proves relative to the other 31 teams and the other 11 games the Texans have played.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Texans defense has improved every week. That was week 2 after no real offseason, brand new scheme, new personnel and new positions.

4. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Texans please win out. You are the only hope for success in in this town.

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

13-3 prediction still alive

Defense plays well again. Dalton with a bad day. Yates continues to improve and makes a statement against their defense.

Texans - 24
    Bengals - 7

6. msn

msn Member

[​IMG]
    Help me, Obi Wade Kenobi. You're our only hope.

7. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

God knows the Rockets and Astros won't be relevant any time soon. :rolleyes:

8. msn

msn Member

:(  

9. JerkyLover

JerkyLover Member

Texans should win this division but I like to know how fans feel about their chances in playoffs. I personally think home field advantage will help them a lot but if they go on the road there is no way they can beat an elite team.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

With this defense, we are going to have a chance to win any game we play in. But, if we are facing an "elite" team (I assume you mean NE, Pitt, or Bal) on the road, then we will clearly be underdogs. To say there is NO WAY we can beat a good team on the road though means you haven't been paying attention. This defense is flat-out NASTY, and I think after 5 more weeks under Yates, this offense can get some swagger. I'm not saying we WILL win on the road against an AFC elite team, but I'm not going to dispel that possibility either.

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'll bite:
    Hosting WC vs:
    PIT - I'd say push. Steelers have lost a lot of guys this year, and just lost their NT. They were already better against the pass than the run, and losing Hoke may hurt them in a big way. We can contain their offense decently, so it hinges on Foster/Tate dominating the game. Not a good team for Yates to face.

CIN - I'll let you know for sure Monday :). On paper, I think we can take care of them at home.

TEN - They're really playing well of late, but their defense has not been impressive. They've struggled against the run and are nearly the worst in the league against 3rd down conversions. Chris Johnson frightens me, especially now that he's worked himself into form. Push....and I'd rather not play them.

OAK - Revenge game. I'm still angry at how poorly we played down the stretch against the Raiders and gave them a gift in Reliant. They're poor against the run, are in the bottom ten in points allowed, Palmer had two good games but otherwise has been poor, McFadden cooled off quickly and may or may not come back from his gimpy foot. This team is dead man walking even if they do sneak in for the last WC spot.

Divisional:
    @BAL - I want nothing to do with them. I'd be very pessimistic.

@NE - We'd have a fighting chance here, given how awful their defense and especially secondary are. Their West Coast attack is kryptonite to Wade's 5-2 attack scheme. Pessimistic, but with a glimmer of hope.

12. liljojo

liljojo Member

To be completely honest, I don't like our chances in the playoffs. But I do know that our defense is elite, and if you can keep the game within reach, all it takes is a few good drives or a big play on defense/special teams to win it.

Not saying it's likely, but it's not entirely ridiculous to think we could make a good playoff run.

Plus we still aren't sure what Yates can do yet. If Kubes can coach him up quickly, we may have a legitimate shot.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Relax, bro. The Rockets are about to turn it around.

Anyway, back to the subject. Like I said about the last game --> Just win. Idc if it's fugly.

14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

LOL!!! Thats a good one.

15. The Cat

I'm not sure there is an "elite" team in the AFC, at least not one on the level of Green Bay and New Orleans in the NFC.

16. today

today Contributing Member

I hate that field turf at baltimore, we were slipping like crazy on it last time. I can easily see us playing them close, but then having their defense score a TD or force a TO inside the 20 that allows the offense to score, ending the game.

As for NE, I just don't think anybody can beat them at home in January. We could have the lead with 30 or 40 seconds remaining and Brady would magically find a way to lead them to a FG. Only way we win this game is if we have the ball last and score with little to no time on the clock.

This is why I feel it's so important for us to get a first round bye, we have a good chance to beat anybody at Reliant.

17. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

New Orleans isn't on the Packers level. Saint are strong, but the Packers are in a class by themselves.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

I would hope to play at NE and pray for terrible weather where Brady can't throw and they have to rely on Green-Ellis.

19. The Cat

The Ravens and Jets - led by Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez - each went into New England the last two Januarys and crushed the Patriots. They haven't won a playoff game since the AFC title game almost four years ago. The Patriots mystique is long gone, as far as I'm concerned.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

would like to have a word with you