1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Bengals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 6, 2011.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I see Denver getting in the playoffs and facing Denver South (us). It would make a nice national story anyways, Elway against his backup qb.

Anyways I foresee a lot of this for Dalton Sunday:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's really an absolute joke (just like last week) that the Bengals are favored, but I'll take the free money. Vegas will have to learn the hard way.

The Bengals are a mediocre team on both sides of the ball and trending down, having lost three of their last four. The defense is only decent (14) and is without its top CB and maybe its No. 2 CB.

The Texans are top five on both sides of the ball and come in winning six in a row. They're clearly the better team. Certainly, the Bengals are at home and desperate, so they have a fighting chance. But the Texans should win this game and likely will, just as some of us tried to explain last week. :)

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually see the game against Cincy as a good barometer for where this Texans team is. It figures to be a close physical game, most likely low scoring. The Texans could make a statement by taking care of business ... Just getting a W. But if they roll in, dominate on defense while blowing out the Bengals.......

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Cleveland 6 - Seattle 3

Also, I think this has the look and the feel of the Atlanta game. Sloppy offense with fantastic defense.

Texans : 17
    Bengals : 13

5. liljojo

liljojo Member

Defense is gonna have a field day. TJ steadily improves with another week of practice under his belt.

Texans 13-3

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Should be a great day for the D...

Texans: 17

Bengals: 9

7. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Okay so this post makes me want to bet on them now. I want to bodog.eu and picked the Texans +3 (-120), I put down 20 and the amount I can win is 16.67. Can you explain all this to me?

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, the score will be Texans 24- Bengals 10

Second straight week that we limit and shock and awe the opponent. This defense is the story. Right now this is a world class defense. It is unbelievable to have foreseen this. Last week, we completely shut up the idiot doom and gloomers and this week we will improve even more on offense. I feel Foster is due for a 150+ yard game and will get it. Yates will continue to look like a 3 year pro and will get even better . ...

9. The Drake

The Drake Member

One of Clutchfans' 3 Bengals fans checking in!

We've had a rough go of it lately (1-3 the last four games), but only crapped the bed once this year (last week at Pittsburgh). The great thing about Dalton is that I fully expect him to bounce back this week against Houston and not get down on himself or try to do too much.

Having Hall (and probably Clements) out is a big blow, but if Andre Johnson is a no-go, things even out a bit. The Bengals' defensive strength is still run D, and while I expect Foster to get his (and maybe Tate with just the tip), I think it will come down to TJ Yates (also a rookie with fewer starts than Dalton) having to make some plays if the Texans are going to win.

AJ Green is the truth and if Cam is offensive rookie #1, Green is #1A. Texans have a great D (pause), but I think the Bengals will be able to put together enough drives to give themselves a great shot at winning this game.

Should be a close, physical game.

Fugg it:
    Bengals 23
    Texans 21
    :grin::cool:

1 person likes this.
  10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm a little worried about this game because a lot of Texan fans have anointed T.J. as the next Tom Brady and penciled us in for the Superbowl.

We've been flying so high the last 7 weeks, a letdown almost seems inevitable. I'd much rather have it now than in the playoffs.

Maybe a loss before the playoffs would be a blessing in disguise. Don't want to be too overconfident like that Oiler team that won 11 in a row then immediately lost to KC in the playoffs.

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I generally agree...but it's dubious to claim we're still a top 5 offense, especially with AJ out again. We're a bottom 10 offense at this point.

God bless the defense:
    #2 - yards allowed
    #2 - points allowed
    #3 - passing yards allowed
    #4 - rushing yards allowed

#3 - Give/Take
    #2 (tie) - Sacks

12. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Texans: 20
    Bengals: 13

"They just keep on winning."

13. JerkyLover

JerkyLover Member

Bengals 31
    Texans 6

No Andre no offense

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

and no andre means no defense?

15. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Texans have been without Andre in plenty of games this year. They will absolutely score more than 6. Also, you have them giving up 31 to the Bengals?? :confused:

16. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

We have won 6 games in a row 4 of those games were without AJ. We have the best rb tandem in the league. The Texans will be just fine.

17. Apps

Apps Member

Bengals fan, eh?

18. JerkyLover

JerkyLover Member

But that was with matt schaub as QB. TJ is the type of QB that needs a talented WR to be effective and when you can't stay on the field your D will be exhausted and give up more than usual.

19. msn

msn Member

Texans averaged 27.67 points per game while Andre was out. #factsaresoinconvenientsometimes

20. JerkyLover

JerkyLover Member

read the post top of yours