1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Bengals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 13, 2009.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm hoping for a letdown by the Bengals. They've beaten the Steelers and Ravens now.

We need a win and I see us going out and getting it.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

We're a 500 team. Of course we're gonna win.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I started Kurt Warner last week to good results, this week I'm calling on Carson. Thank you terrible Texans D.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Please update the weather forecast as the week goes on in this thread. Only way I guess I would start Garrard over Schaub would be bad weather.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'll go with a Texans "upset" here. Carson Palmer is allergic to two things: success and consistency. This Bengals team has been getting by on the skin of their teeth lately. Personally, I am "selling" on their legitimacy and what better way to illustrate that point than to have a seemingly unthinkable loss at home that completely exposes them.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I also think the Bengals are in line for a letdown. The BAL game probably took a lot out of them; big rivalry game there. They were also riding that big emotional high from that assistant coach's wife dying.

7. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Let's see, we've got.. A team that has shown a knack for grinding out close games for the win vs. A team that has shown remarkable ability to lose close games. Hmmm... I'm not too optimistic.

Even if our 2 big "what-if's" this season, (goal line blunders) had gone our way instead, then we would have been in tie games with no guarantee we would have won in OT. The Cardiac Cats were one huge "what-if" away from being undefeated (and that play was WAY flukier than us not being able to punch it in from the 1)

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also 3 of the Bengals wins were against division rivals.

So them beating the Steelers and the Ravens isn't the same as us beating the Steelers and Ravens.

Just like the Jags can play the Colts close and us close...then get smashed in all of their non-division games. So i'm not buying Cincy as a dominant team yet.

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

If out defense comes prepared, we have a good shot at winning.

The Bengals offense isn't special at all, but their defense has been saving the team for most of the season. Short of Caldwell or White being horrible at Right Guard, our offense should be able to still score on them like we have most teams not from NY this season.

Heck, I even expect us to catch them napping and even have a good day running the ball. Although I do very much hope that Kubiak will let Moats have a couple of carries because just relying on Slaton for all but short yardage hasn't worked that great on direct hand offs. And given the fact that Moats is usually active on special teams they have no reason not to give him a carry or two.

10. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

If the Texans beat the Bengals, they will be 5-3 going into the game against Indy. If San Fransisco don't have Frank Gore, they are not very scary. Then we play Buffalo....enough said!

11. The Drake

The Drake Member

Benson *should* have a great game against the Texans D, but its hard to tell. Cleveland held him to 74 yards rushing, but he got 119 against Baltimore.

The Bengals pass D is better than its ranking, but will get beat deep 2-3 times a game. The Texans are gonna have to capitalize.

Cincinnati's run D has been solid and I expect that trend to continue, with them holding Slaton in check this weekend.

And don't forget the Bengals new secret weapon: Clark Harris. Our new long-snapper played for the Texans last year. He knows all of Kubiak's secrets. :cool:

I'll wait until the injury reports come out before predicting a final score, but that being said, I'm feeling the Texans in an upset.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

for you Texan fans,

the best way to stop Cedric Benson is to tell him there's a boatload of girls docking at the Ohio river that day.

hahahaha

13. monkeyboy32

it's that easy huh?? kinda like how we got off to a 3-1 start this season right?? ya knoww bc we...
    1) opened at home vs a rookie qb making his first career start (W)
    2) give one up to the juggernaut titans (L)
    3) own the jags on battle red day per usual (W)
    4) home for raiders, nuff said (W)

duhh.. 3-1!! :rolleyes:

look, lets just worry about going on the road to play a tough cincy team that has proven they can win close games, bc that is obviously something we've proven we cannot consistently do. that will be a tough enough task already without looking ahead.

#33 monkeyboy32, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  14. monkeyboy32

or tell him someone stole his tv and stashed it at a locked apt.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude,

stealing your TV is personal!

he had a plasma back then, it cost a crap load of money back then.
    *NSFW curse words*
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iDH_p0MDksg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iDH_p0MDksg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#35 tinman, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  16. PointForward

PointForward Member

if Kubiak doesn't pull a running game out of his a$$, then the Texans might as well kiss the baby..

Texans win? child please!

^if you don't understand any of this, you probably should do a youtube search on Mr. Ocho Cinco's vocabulary :eek:

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm nothing short of amazed that people still have this sort of confidence in the Texans.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

no doubt.

19. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

Can't you say the same about the ROX?

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

he might even say it about the astros.