1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[official] Texans @ 49ers 10/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 1, 2013.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We will finish 12-4!!! 10 game win streak starts this week! Let's go!

#optimistic

#1601 jev5555, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Does he?

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I know, right? I loved how Tom Coughlin said, "Enough!" and sent Eli to the pine. Same in Baltimore - five interceptions in a single game, Joe Flacco? Try four quarters on the bench, good sir! Carson Palmer, Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger... the list goes on and on.... Why are the Texans the only GUTLESS team in football that never makes BOLD moves that guarantee SUPER BOWL VICTORIES?!?!?!???!??!??!

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Well, he doesn't have to say it very often :grin:

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So if we lose to the Rams will you still want Schaub starting the following week???

6. Raven

Raven Member

No accountability! Bob McNair obviously hates to make changes. I'm not sure why he won't steer the team away from the rocks. I can only assume he doesn't care or is stubborn and hates to admit that he blew it twice in a row.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Are you paid by the Texans to spew this crap?

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  8. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Damn dude. You are a real apologetic..

1 person likes this.
  9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think you and I have supported Schaub longer than the average person around here, but Im starting to get fed up for sure.

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Multiple interceptions in a single game that don't automatically turn to points are forgivable. Schaub's consecutive games with giving up interceptions that lead to automatic TDs via returns or with 3-4 plays later is something that has never happened in the NFL before. There is a REASON it has never happened before and it isn't just luck.

Heck not even counting pick 6s, Schaub has been throwing interceptions since the end of December 2012. In 5 games he is 3 shy of his last regular season total, you can't act like all the QBs go through this. Schaub hasn't done great under pressure for the last few seasons and the current situation doesn't seem like one he can come back from based on his previous efforts. Time to cut the string.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Technically, no QB has thrown exactly one pick-six in four consecutive games. However, as Barnwell pointed out in his Grantland column, Peyton Manning once threw 4 pick-sixes in 2 games, which is actually worse. Obviously, Schaub has been very bad, but to say it has never been done before is cherry-picking statistics to make it look unique.

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

HeyNow! in full denial mode

14. rezdawg

Peyton had a two game horrible streak...Schaub is at a 4 game horrible streak, with at least two other throws that could have easily been pick 6s too. It's not the number of pick 6s per say, its more about how Schaub is just throwing lame ducks out there...these arent fluke plays, they are a combination of Schaub failing to read the defense, making dumb throws, and having zero zip on the ball. He's lucky it hasnt been six pick 6s in four games.

15. astros123

astros123 Member

kubiak blaming hopkins and others lmao but not the joke qb that we have. LMAOO

and LOL @ scahub blaming the other "playmakers''

these two need to be gone asap

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He was in full EF IT mode on Sunday. I think there could have a total of 3 pick 6's.

I'll still root for him Sunday. I have no other option since we won't start Keenum. Yates is whack.

17. rezdawg

Yup, I'd rather have Schaub out there than Yates...at least Schaub has the higher ceiling. I want Keenum though. :(

1 person likes this.
  18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Context helps. A lot. I was specifically responding to this
    I'm not sure how pointing out several other underachieving QBs who have most assuredly not been benched, thus blowing to smithereens the idea that, "Any other QB would of been benched by now," is somehow "crap," me in denial, proof McNair alone has no accountability... The NFL moves glacially. Always has; always will. No head coach wants to bench their QB; they'll give them every last viable chance. The last thing Gary Kubiak - or any HC - wants to do is coach for 2014 - that undermines his job security.

I don't know - did he play a clean game and lose a shootout to Sam Bradford?...

For better or worse, I think he's the best QB on this roster... but if he doesn't get right, it doesn't really matter who starts because this team is going to lose too many games to matter.