1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Steelers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 28, 2011.

1. dookiester

dookiester Member

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Kubiak didn't rule out Johnson this week but says he still doesn't know if Johnsons hamstring is torn or not. Wtf

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd say they "dominated" one, and came away with two other "solid" wins. But that's individual opinion.

The potential where they hold out and don't cough up a 4th quarter 9 point lead into a 10 point loss with the offense, defense, and special teams melting down into hot diarrhea. You know, the things like that.

So yeah, when the Texans have a single, 3 and out possession for the 3rd quarter that ends with the Steelers tying up the game, I see a point of concern and something that we could improve on.

That's not what I'm doing. Dear god, and you're the one talking about "going overboard" in response to things.

I'm not saying, nor have I, that we got lucky yesterday and escaped with a win we didn't deserve. I'm excited about the win. I don't ask for perfection - I'm just posting on a damn discussion board about areas that we could improve upon.

And Johnson is routinely drawing defenders away to open that up. Last year, with him hobbled, Matt's numbers sagged across the board - and don't blame INTs and completion percentage on Foster.

Just because I see things that could be better, doesn't mean I'm b****ing about them, hate the team, or am unhappy with where we stand.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Not sure why some of you are equating discussing concerns with b****ing. I'm guessing every true Texan fan is absolutely thrilled about the victory. However, do you think the coaches are going to spend the week gushing over the victory or do you think they'll focus on the problems and try to fix them? As fans, we want our team to perform at the level they are capable of performing. Many of us are so connected with the team on an emotional level that we want to feel like the coaches. Yes, we won the game and that was ****ing amazing, but there is nothing wrong with looking at some problem areas and trying to engage in conversation about what can or can't be done about it.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

god dude do you have to respond to everyone who has a concern. they were also 4-2 last year.

jesus, this is why it seems like someone is piling on, because they are constantly responding to team pr errr ric

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

exactly, and it becomes worse when team pr errrr ric has to argue every freakin point about your concern

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

And the last time the Texans had a stretch that good was……?

Again, these things happen – even to very good teams. All teams have concerns. But, IMO, until those concerns start costing us games… I think it’s silly to spend the day after a great win bringing them up. Very Debbie Downer.

Then don’t post on said damn discussion board if you don’t want your wet blanket posts challenged.

Johnson missed three games last year. Matt’s QBR in those 3 games: 98.6; 96.8; 129.7. He finished 92.0 overall.

Abd yes, if your best RB – one of the league’s best RBs – is out of action, you’re likely going to throw more and, consequently, force more because you don’t have Foster to lean on for tough yards and to finish drives and/or games.

8. Hey Now!

I don’t know, dude – do you have to respond to all of my responses to everyone who has a concern?

And yes, we know they were 4-2 last year. We also knew they were getting gashed defensively in an historic fashion and most of us thought they were likely a house of cards if the defense didn’t get better overnight. What’s your point?

ZING! Again. With a Jungle reference, too! Awesome.

I think the vast majority of posters here seem pretty doggone pleased with the team’s start and don’t have much use for filing up the forum a day after a win with “Yeah but”s.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

You nailed me!

[​IMG]

#1349 emjohn, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

my point is that its a long season, and there is nothing wrong with being concerned. just like i can be concerned about matt schaub's clutch play, people can be concerned last year about the defense.

oh wow, another cute respond line to line to line battle of to submission post by ric. another define the argument post by ric

"hey idiot, even though you never said you weren't happy with the win and you're an idiot fan because everyone is, why aren't you happy with the win":rolleyes:

because i said i wasn't happy with the win

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the only reason the forum is filled up is because i responded to you because i'm an obssessive compulsive like ric who has to win every argument

12. Hey Now!

With specific regard to Schaub's "clutch" play, it's mostly unfounded. As I mentioned earlier, since 2008, he's been good far more often than not in close/late situations.

Generally, as I've stated over and over and over again - every team has concerns; there is no perfect team. And the Texans concerns have been, overall, pretty microscopic. So why spend the day after a big win pointing them out? What's the net benefit?

I think most of us are astute enough to know that there are issues with the team. It just seems silly to bring them up after a huge statement like yesterday. "Yeah, but..." sounds like the cry of a fan waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under them.

pgabriel, let's agree to play fair, OK? I haven't called anyone an idiot. In fact, between the two of us, I'm the only one that can say I've levied no personal attacks. I didn't mention people not being happy with the win, either; rather, why, after a great win, they wanted to focus on negatives - which, frankly, is a fair question, IMO.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

ric

in the post i quoted, you accused me of filling up the forum with a bunch of "yeah buts". i had one concern, now i'm responding to your posts criticizing me and the rest of posters who have addressed concerns.

no you didn't call me an "idiot" but you also did imply i wasn't happy with the win. which i didn't say either. even you have said there are always concerns. now we can keep this argument to whether my concern is legit. and that's fine, but it will be filling up this thread

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think Schaub has been SLIGHTLY off and has missed more passes than usual. Without Andre, he will have to step it up.

So, yeah, I agree with the Schaub critics.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Reported on 610 Andre was moving around in the lockeroom trying to give it a go to get back on the field. Hmmmm.

16. Hey Now!

pgabriel, expand that a bit: I didn't call *any*one an idiot. And I made no implication about people's feelings. I'm sure 99.99999% of us are happy with the win. My point is that, if you are indeed happy, why are you focusing on the negatives?

I understand it's a discussion forum and that people have opinions that they want to share, etc. I'm by no means suggesting they shouldn't. And yes, the team has issues - a lot, probably. But unlike last year, where those issues were overwhelming the positives, this team thus far looks good enough to overcome what are likely some inherent shortcomings.

But, again, it gets back to: Why discuss them *today*? Why be the guy peeing on the parade? They're 3-1; 3-0 in the AFC; their division is systematically falling apart around them and they get three consecutive games to make a declarative statement about how far they've come these next threee weeks.

We haven't been able to bask like this for 10 years. Really, since 1993. It's fun to be a Texan fan right now. Finally. Is it too much to ask holding off on the "yeah but"s until they actually have some merit?

17. msn

msn Member

I can't decide which is the worst thing about Internet Bulletin Boards (which is in general a good, fun thing):

- people trying to tell other people how to think, feel, or respond
    - people misunderstanding or intentionally misrepresenting the viewpoints of others

As I've been guilty of both (except the intentional part), I can't criticize anyone. I just wonder if we'll ever have the maturity to just let one another be different and enjoy it?

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You mean on the practice field? I would be stunned if he got back on the field this week. Some people are suggesting that surgery could be on the table. I'm a nervous wreck again.

19. msn

msn Member

I thought he was referring to in the locker room during the game yesterday?

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

people like me trying to win every argument