1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Thanks for the advice! I was actually worried that Chad gave them bulletin board material which will prevent him from getting into the endzone. But I'll go with Chad since its a ppr league.

Great call on Sproles since LT is already hurt. I went ahead and picked him up and dropped Heap bc I have Gates (should have gone with the gut and drafted Gonzales).. I'm thinking I can grab Heap again if he continues to do well.

Thx again! Prec it

2. Asian Sensation

Over everyone. I'm saying the pecking order for your lineup this week should be:

1) Grant
    other 3 players

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

How is Ryan Grant so far ahead of Matt Forte? I'm assuming because of the defenses they're playing against, because last year's production was very similar. Forte has a reworked line and of course Cutler, but he still got more touches than Grant, though the yardage, outside of Grants TD, was close.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Fwiw, I picked up Washington as my D this week. I'm having to play the wire every week this year for a defense. Seattle got me 15 points last week against the Rams.

Does anyone else like A Bradshaw this week? This is ppr. I've made the decision to stick with Eddie Royal as my WR2. I have a choice of these guys at flex:

Bradshaw @Dal
    D Avery @Was
    Lance Moore @Phi
    Burleson @SF

5. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

I'd go with Burleson

6. The Drake

The Drake Member

Chubb vs. Ten
    Campbell vs. Stl

It's the old age debate: talent v. matchup.

What do the experts think?

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

The rams are horrrrible. Go with Campbell.

8. sammy

Ya esp since TJ is a little banged up. Practiced Friday for the first time this week. In fact, I'm sitting TJ tomm.

9. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Should I start phillip rivers (home against BAL) or trent edwards (home vs TB)? Tempted to start edwards because tampa gave up huge numbers to romo last week and edwards put up decent numbers at new england.

Starting forte, sproles over parker, edwards, calvin johnson, desean jackson, brandon marshall, chris cooley. Ravens D/ST, ryan longwell

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Winslow, LJohnson, Royal, Moreno, Hester, or Steve Smith (NYG), Watson? I can start 2 of those guys.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I also have Rivers / Edwards and I'm leaning Edwards right now.

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Mike Bell, P. Thomas, or Felix Jones?

This is in a TD only league. No other stats count. I'm leaning toward Felix.

13. famicom

famicom Member

Hoping Cassell is starting today, McNabb got hurt too soon!

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Should I play Ward & Caddy Williams (RB/Flex) instead of McFadden or TJH? Meaning I can combine Ward/Williams or simply play just 1 of them alongside TJH and McFad

15. sammy

Thx Asian Sensation ! Sproles went off and helped me win even though my opponent had AJ & OD

I'm starting Manningham over Ocho bc the Bengals are playing Pitt. Does this sound like a good plan?

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have a pretty solid team but I am weak at the receiver position. I have TJ Housh, Hines Ward, Donald Driver, Patrick Crayton, and I just added Mario Manningham. Who should I start this week? Right now I have decided to bench TJ cause he hasn't done anything for me so far. Also, Steve Smith is available, should I drop Crayton and add him?

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yes. Smith is what the 1st option? Crayton is what 3rd at best?

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

From the first two weeks it looks like Crayton is second. They send Williams on dummy routes to get coverage off Witten. Maybe there is something to what T.O. said about Romo and Witten drawing up plays together....

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Witten is 1st we can all agree. Then its basically 2A and 2B. Smith is a 1A/B at least.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Which 2 out of...
    Keller, Smith (nyg), Hester, Ginn, Walter, Moreno, Royal, L. Johnson? Man I need to parlay 2 of those guys into 1.

Also...
    Ward, Housh, Hightower, Cadillac, S. Moss, Ginn, Smith (NYG)

And...
    Where can I find a list of this years best fantasy defensive players? Not just LBs, but overall.