1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Who do I start?

QB
    Flacco @ SD (2nd worst passing defense last year)
    or
    Rodgers vs Cincinnati (home in GB)

RB
    Deangelo Williams will start at one spot
    McFadden @ KC
    Leon Washington vs NE (home in NY)
    Kevin Smith vs Minnesota (at home in DET)

2. thametall89

thametall89 Member

I got a trade offer, I was offered: Joe Flacco, Cadiliac Williams, and Willis Mcgahee. I give up: David Gerrard, LT, and mike goodson. Mcnabb's my qb so I would be starting whoever i get prolly for the next couple of weeks. My other rb's are mike bell, jamal lewis, jonathan stewart, and thomas jones.

3. thametall89

thametall89 Member

Oh, was wondering if I should do the deal.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I would go Johnson and Marshall. Kolb makes me want to puke.

5. Lil Pun

Definitely Rodgers at quarterback with the two wide receivers he has and the defense he is facing.

McFadden had a decent game versus the Chargers and he absolutely ate up the Chiefs last year so I would go with him. Minnesota's run defense is stout and New England knows how to control the ball.

6. Lil Pun

I'd do it but that's just me.

7. clutch citizen

I was leaning towards Rodgers as well because it's at Lambeau, but I wasn't too sure about Cincinnati's defense.

Flacco is coming off a great passing game and got touchdowns. He is facing one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL according to last year. I'm only hesitant because it's at SD.

I think I'll take your advice and go with Rodgers. Hopefully the Lambeau mystique plays a factor on the oline and keeps Rodgers standing up to throw.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I second this

9. Lil Pun

Somebody dropped Antonio Bryant in my league should I swap Heyward-Bey out for him on waivers.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

In a heart beat.

Once healthy Bryant will put up decent numbers as the #1/#2 receiver. Rookie WR's hardly ever make a real impact the first year and while I think Oakland is much improved I doubt Jamarcus can get the ball to the wide out with enough consistency to make HB's numbers match Bryants.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Agreed, unless Heyward Bey breaks out, he'll be playing second fiddle to mcfadden and then miller. Miller led in receptions for them last year I believe.

12. Lil Pun

I was offered Tim Hightower and Donald Driver for Roy E. Williams. Should I take it or leave it?

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Not a big fan of Roy, especially in that division. If you're thin at RB at all I'd do it- Hightower flies under the radar and I think will be solid as long as he doesn't lose his job to Wells.

14. clutch citizen

Should I drop Lamarr Woodley and pick up Kroy Biermann from waivers?

I'm afraid Atlanta's defensive performance from week 1 was a fluke

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ok I have a W/R spot I need to fill..

Ocho Cinco @ Greenbay or Lendall White ? They are both projected around the same but I can't decide.

What do you guys think about picking up Patrick Crayton ? I picked up Devery Henderson and Nate Burleson but Nate won't work cuz I start TJ as my #2 WR. I can drop one of these guys..Clayton just got picked up in my league. Dropping my last pick in Deven Hester seems like it's going to bite me in the arse.

I'm really weak at RB cuz I went with Fitz/Brees with my first 2 picks. Slaton and Ronnie Brown stunk it up in week 1. Any suggestions for a pickup? It's a 8 team league so there should be some decent FA's available.

Thx in advance if anyone can chime in and help me !

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Sorry about double post but I wanted to add that I picked up Cadillac Williams. I've read some good things about him but I'm not sold yet.

Hightower was a possibility but not really a good option cuz I have Fitz..

17. Asian Sensation

Ocho Cinco for sure. He's promised a Lambeau Leap. Besides, the odds are in Ocho Cinco and Palmer's favor to catch and throw for a TD. OR NOT considering they're Bengals lol. Roll with Ocho.

Why can't you have TJ and Burleson? Burleson is better than Crayton and Henderson. Besides, either TJ or Burleson should be a lock to grab a td every week.

Dropping Devin Hester will indeed bite you. He's going to be a deep threat everytime .... once Cutler gets rolling. His short routes look much improved as well in comparison to last year and he has too much potential/talent and big of skill-set to not be a good WR.

What RB's are available? I'm thinkin if it's only an 8 man league then players like Leon Washington, Darren Sproles etc might be available.

18. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

RB dilemma:

I have four main RB on my team. We can start three (RB, RB, Flex).

Matt Forte (vs Pit), Ryan Grant (vs Cin), Fred Jackson (vs TB), and Darren Sproles (vs Bal, no LT).

Who do I start? I'm thinking about going with Forte, Jackson and Sproles. Any other suggestions?

19. Asian Sensation

Grant is the only one that should be a clear cut starter and you don't have him. :confused: The other 3 are a crap shoot.

20. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Over who?