1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I can't believe this.. AGAIN I'm playing against the #1 scorer this week.. I'm #2 in fantasy points for the season but I'm going to be 3-5 because I have the second most fantasy points scored against me :(

I had the best draft, made the best trades, have the best wavier claims.. but all that matters in fantasy football, when it comes down to it, is points against.

If, by the luck of the draw, I had someone else in my league's schedule, I would be one of the top teams..

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

down 10 points...
    all that's left is my cowboys d tomorrow

3. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Thoughts on this trade:

Jimmy Graham
    Carlos Hyde
    2015 Round 6 pick

Antonio Gates
    Steven Jackson
    2015 Round 3 Pick

I'd have a Graham/Cameron TE combo. Would try and flip Cameron for another RB
    RB's: Forte, Hyde, FJax, Bryce Brown, Taliaferro

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

DeMaryius Thomas and Forsett worth any of these deals?

Ingram and Cobb
    Ingram and Sanders
    Gio and Kennan Allen or Garçon

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Nope.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Hell. No.

7. clutch citizen

I keep losing. I should officially be last in this league after today.

QB: Brees, Matthews
    WR: D. Thomas, Decker, Allen Robinson
    RB: Forsett, Oliver, McKinnon, Gore, Morris, Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown, Boobie Dixon
    TE: Donnell

I'm about ready to just give this board my team to fix and avoid being last. What about D. Thomas and Forsett for Gio and Sanders. The other guy is stacked at RB (LeVeon, Gio, Forte) and has Cobb, Sanders, Allen, Garçon at WR. QBs are Cutler and Wilson, but this league is so generous to QBs. Cutler is a top 5 QB in this league!

8. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Trading for inferior players won't make your situation any better. Thomas, you can easily argue will be the top WR in the game the rest of the way. Forsett has been a top 10 RB so far. Ingram will have to share time with Robinson and Pierre Thomas when they come back.

Don't make a trade just for the sake of making one.

9. clutch citizen

My thought process is to increase the number of high-ceiling players. But I see your point. Gio and Sanders is the new offer, and Megatron for Brees might be in play. I'm trying Morey this roster up.

10. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

No not really, it seems like you're trying to make a trade for the sake of making a trade. Your team actually isn't bad. But the big issue you have, is that you can't really afford to trade anyone on your team unless its a "1 for 2" because of your extreme lack of depth.

11. AkeemTheDreem86

So we didn't get this deal done in time... However, I just resent the proposal and WHAM! Accepted.

(That's the sound trades make in our league, don't ask me.)

12. Xercules

Xercules Member

Question for my fellow CF fantasy heads!

I'm currently in 4th place in an 8 team league, but I'm running thin with my WR corps (TE too, but that's a different story). 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE. No flex position. I have Nelson as my WR1, but Edelman/Tate/Garcon in my other two spots. Edelman and Garcon have disappointed this season, so aside from Nelson, I'm not getting quality production.

On the other hand, I'm stacked at RB. I have Jamaal Charles and DeMarco Murray, plus Shane Vereen on the bench. I'm willing to part with Charles, so do you guys think I might be able to get someone like Demaryius Thomas in a straight swap? Looking ahead for a playoff schedule perspective, who do you guys think I should target to shore up my receiving corps? Or should I stay pat and scan the waiver wire, since I'm in a small league?

Just things I'm thinking of as I head into the week with quite a few players on bye.

13. primtim24

If you're looking to upgrade, you should try to swoop in on Calvin Johnson. He hasn't played much, AND he's got a super.soft playoff schedule. I look to deal Jamaal Charles (since that's who you chose) pair him with Tate, and try to get Johnson and another decent player. But as always it.depends on who your other members are willing to let go of.

Keep in mind though, that NE just scored 50+ on one of the worst run defenses in the league and Vereen didn't do much of anything fantasy wise...

14. Xercules

Xercules Member

Thanks for the fast reply. I've considered Megatron as well, but I'm just concerned about his injury possibly being a nagging thing for the remainder of the year.

15. primtim24

Like I said, a big part of this is.going to be who's available. Also Jamaal Charles is a certified STUD, so if.you are going to give him away, make sure you get a stud in return. There are only about 5 WR's I'd be willing to get back in return for Jamaal Charles. Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson, Demaryius, and maybe Julio. Its tough to have a player you can confidently start in every game....

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

17. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

guy in my league wants one of my WR either demaryius thomas or dez bryant

i'm pretty thin at RB...he wants to deal a RB for one of thomas or bryant.

problem is i'm pretty thin at WR after those two...if i can get him to deal my a WR along with a RB of one of the following, it worth it?

Andre Ellington
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Mark Ingram
    Jerick McKinnon

he has gio bernard...but said he won't deal him.

my RB are:

Gore, Jennings, DeAngelo Williams, sankey, and crowell.

18. primtim24

Yeah I'd definitely deal Dez Bryant before dealing Demaryius. And if you wanted to get back an RB I would be wanting to get them back in this order:
    Ellington, McKinnon, Bradshaw, then Ingram

19. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Ben Tate, Mike Wallace and Eli Manning for Matt Ryan and Alfred Morris. Who wins?

20. primtim24

I think essentially it.depends on the respective rosters before and after. But.in a vacuum I would lean team A. I think Tate and Morris are close to being interchangeable