1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all think Golden Tate is gonna go off this week versus GB? What about Kelce/Donnell/Paul -- who would you take over H. Miller while Reed is out? I'm not in love with Miller anymore.

2. what

what Member

why, in the world, would you drop Jordan Cameron. That's crazy talk. I like Delanie Walker well enough, but he isn't in the same universe as Jordan Cameron.

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Thoughts?

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This ain't the first time I've posted like a madman in this thread :grin:

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'd go with Donnell. He seems to be Eli Manning's favorite target, and the Giants should be playing from behind.

I know Paul got 11 targets last Sunday, but DeSean Jackson was out, and Garcon only got 4 targets.

I don't know enough about Kelce to give an opinion, but I'm staying away from everyone on the Chiefs' roster.

6. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

I need to pick up a Defense, currently have St. Louis. Should I pick up Dallas D since they're playing St. Louis?

Other options:
    Tennesee @ Cincy
    Indianapolis @ Jacksonville

7. what

what Member

Defense is completely unpredictable 95% of the time. I'd rather have Sy. Louis's D than Dallas's d in that game. If you know anything about Jeff Fischer, you know that he is ultra-conservative on offense and that he plays ball control.

I might take Jacksonville's d against Indy as a flyer.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ha. "Should I pickup Dallas D?" - that's a bad spot. Is Cleveland around?

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Can you explain? I don't have the best receivers but I do have Andre Johnson, Percy Harvin, and Wes Welker on my bench.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm taking a flyer on him in Fanduel. Hard not to at his price. He's getting a fair amount of targets and just get the feeling that he is due for about 80 yards and a TD. I don't expect a lot more than that out of him.

11. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Yeah was thinking I'd ride out St. Louis. Sucks that I passed up the Houston D for them :(

And Jax D against Indy?! I was thinking Indy D against Jax haha. Jacksonville allowed 10 sacks last week!

Cleveland was around surprisingly. I picked them up.

12. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Sorry for being a jerk, but I was just saying that no. Jeffery and Ball are a pretty good combo to give up for an "under performing" player right now. Regardless of who "that player" is.

13. Zackery

Zackery Member

Should I start Fitzgerald or Geno Smith?

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Standard espn rules.

Pick 2rbs and a flex, so 3 total. I can't decide.

Lacy @ det
    L. Bell @ car
    R. Jennings vs hou
    B. Rainey @ atl
    J. Hill vs tenn
    K. Wright @ cincy
    M. Asiata @ N.O
    B. Pierce @ cle

Thanks in advance. Will rep accordingly.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Green light Rainey tonight boys.

Per Rotoworld:
    Edit: PFT also reporting Martin won't play tonight.

Also this morning Lance Z said he likes Rainey better than Doug Martin.

#8455 moestavern19, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Roto:

Advice: Doug Martin (knee) is expected to suit up, but Smith has declined to name a starter. Bobby Rainey piled up 174 total yards on 25 touches in the Week 2 loss to the Rams. "We want to play more than one running back, two, maybe three," Smith said. ESPN Bucs reporter Pat Yasinkas says that isn't coachspeak, insisting that Smith really is serious about a committee. We'd lean toward starting Martin as he got the first-team reps in practice, but Rainey is going to have a real role as well.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>What about <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bucs?src=hash">#Bucs</a> RB Doug Martin? I’m told he’s unlikely to play tonight vs. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Falcons?src=hash">#Falcons</a> with that knee injury. Will test out pregame to be sure</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/512634413557886977">September 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Given the recent update on Martin. Would there be any suggestions from you guys on the above?

Bell vs that Carolina D in Carolina is freaking me out.

Does anyone think Oakland vs NE will become a blowout to the point that they just keep running the clock down. I mean, what Belichick coached offense has truly pumped the brakes on pouring it on? If so I could swap Pierce for Vereen as well.

Anyone?

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't have a dog in the fight BTW. Just posting.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I see Belichick ripping up the Raiders early with Vereen out of the backfield. He'll probably have 100+ receiving in the first half.

However, given what Rainey did to the Falcons last year (167 & 3TD) it is hard to resist the urge to not play him tonight.