1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think they did a good job on him for the most part, I think the defense just got tired from being on the field toward the end and he took advantage of that.

Leon Washington laid most of the groundwork by keeping them scrambling around trying to account for him. I think he's clearly the most vital part of their offense.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I have somebody offering me the following trade:

I receive Tim Hightower and one of these players: LenDale White or LeRon McClain

I give up Roy E. Williams.

Should I do it and if so which of those other two back should I ask for?

3. Angle02

Angle02 Member

Are you playing in a PPR league? If so Hightower will put up some points. White had a good year last year for splitting carries with Johnson. McClain is now a starting FB but you still have Rice and McGahee getting carries and catches out of the back field. It would be a tough trade for me to make.

4. Lil Pun

No, it is not PPR. It would be tough for you on which side?

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Soooo many RBs had ****ty days.

Hopefully just offenses needing to get back into rhythm.

6. Angle02

Angle02 Member

I'd say pass on the trade depending on your current running backs.
    What running backs do you currently have?

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Who are your current WRs and RBs? If you decide to do the trade, I'd take White as he's gonna get goal line carries for the Titans while McClain will be playing FB and will split carries with Rice and McGahee.

8. Lil Pun

My roster:

QBs: Donovan McNabb, Brett Favre

RBs: Steve Slaton, Brian Westbrook, Felix Jones, Chester Taylor, Ladell Betts

WRs: Marques Colston, Roy E. Williams, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Malcolm Kelly, Brandon Marshall

TEs: Dallas Clark, Brent Celek

Bironas is my kicker and Minnesota is my defense.

9. Angle02

Angle02 Member

Negative on the trade. You seem to be pretty set on your running backs starting Slaton and Westbrook every week (minus bye weeks). Outside of Colston and Williams your WR's are questionable. I dont trust Orton throwing the ball and that'll hurt Marshall. Same with Kelly and Heyward-Bey.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think I'm regretting drafting Gates over Gonzales.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When its said and done Gates may be a 5th TE overall which is disappointing. But don't base it on this game. It looks like San Diego flat out didn't gameplan. Reminds me a lot of the Texans/Jets game actually. Owen Daniels will bounce back. So will Gates.

12. Angle02

Angle02 Member

Here's what kept me away from Daniels this year. He had 2 TD's last year and both were against the Lions. When I heard that stat he fell on my draft board.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Should I start Favre (@Det) or Jason Campbell (vsStl)?

It's a 2 QB league, and with Mcnabb down one of these guys has to fill in as my second QB. I guess he picked a good week to miss. I keep going back and forth...maybe slightly leaning toward Campbell since I have a feeling the Vikes running game will put away the Lions. Either way I don't think I'm in bad shape.

14. Angle02

Angle02 Member

I've got the same problem with NcNabb going down. I have Garrard as my backup but doubt I'll start him. STL sounded like they did terrible against Hasselbeck last week so I think Campbell might be a solid(not special) pick.
    Other QB's to watch that might not be picked up yet:
    Flacco against the Chargers
    Edwards against Tampa Bay
    Hill against Seattle
    Quinn against Denver

15. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

Should I start the Eagles "D" against the Saints or should I pick up the Redskins "D" playing against the horrible Rams offense in Week 2?

16. Angle02

Angle02 Member

After what the Saints did to the Lions I expect Brees to have a good game against the Eagles. The Panthers pretty much gift-wrapped the high scoring Fantasy week the Eagles had last week. Personally I'd take the Skins D this week.

17. Asian Sensation

Rivers (home) vs. Baltimore

or

Favre (road) vs. Lions

??

18. Lil Pun

I'd go with Washington simply because the Rams have less offensive weapons than the Saints.

19. Lil Pun

That's a tough one. On one hand, the Ravens have a stellar D (don't let the 24 points KC had fool you) but on the other hand, is Favre going to throw it that often against a poor Lions D? I'd give the slight edge to Favre simply because of what Brees was able to do against the Lions and that was with a 100 yard rusher.

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm voting for Rivers here. Partially my dislike of Favre, but if SD is going to have any sort of offense against BAL then it will be through Rivers, via air attack or check downs/ screens to Sproles.

Detroits leading tacklers last week were at Safety and LB which is skewed because Brees was nuts this weekend. But that also hints that the running game was getting past the line. It will be a good game for AP as it usually is. I don't want to use that KC game as evidence to anything because it was so off and I dont know the KC offence outside of Larry.

QUESTION- 3 WR's, 2 slots, Who to play?
    A. Johnson - No Matt Schaub, less throws because of solid titan secondary. Who knows how crazy the time of possession disparity will be.
    Desean Jackson - KOLB is starting, nuff said
    B. Marshall - probably my only guy with upside. He's a jerk, but he saw a few looks on sunday, especially at the end.