1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Seahawks @ Texans 9/29/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 24, 2013.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

would not want cutler on this team.

whine if he doesn't get his way

2. Grinds

Grinds Member

It can be argued ATL won all those games because of Ryan and the offense because their defense has been average.... r at least worse than Schaub's over the same span. You forgot to mention Ryan's 3 TDs vs SEA... AND the fact neither resulted in a pick 6. I would also bet both INTs were passes downfield.

If Ryan was in Schaub exact situation I would call it like I saw it. I'm not gonna biased or unfair to anyone. Fact is, Ryan has done more with less. Picture ATL right now with the #1 defense. Take your blinders off.

3. Grinds

Grinds Member

Week 1- Cutler also had 2 TDs against a very good defense. Schaub threw 0 TDs last matchup against CIN and his INT was a pick-6. Cutler > Schaub

Week 2- Not a great game, but Cutler also threw 3 TDs.

Week 3- Threw a TD with 0 turnovers. Better than any Schaub game this season.

Week 4- Very poor game, but at least he rushed for 9 yards on his 1 carry. Something Matt hasn't done this season.

Keep in mind, Cutler's weapons aren't as good Schaub's.

This post really just makes me think Cutler and Schaub are equal. Neither player appears to be clearly better or worse. This validates my main point that completely dismissing Culter over Schaub is foolish. A 20 yard INT from Cutler would at minimum open the run game slightly more for AF and Tate because you're attempting downfield. Makes a deference on many levels. Do you really think Sherman would be sitting as hard on a 5 yard pass if we threw downfield more. You dudes don't understand how bad 5 yard INTs are. You barely have a chance to tackle him.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, give Schaub the #1 defense last year and we'd have different results as well...In fact, last season, the Falcons gave up less points per game than the Texans.

2011, the Texans defense was amazing, but Schaub was hurt. We almost beat Baltimore after that terrible fumble and 3 TJ Yates interceptions. I am pretty confident we win that game with Schaub. At that point, a Super bowl appearance is definitely a possibility.

2010, Houston had one of the worst pass defenses in History...Atlanta was ranked 5th in points per game allowed.

2009, Atlanta defense gave up less points than Houston defense.

So sure, you want to point to a sample size of 4 games and the Texans having the best defense? That's fine...but the one previous year the Texans had an amazing defense, Schaub didnt even have the opportunity to lead that team. All other years, Ryan has had the luxury of having a defense that gave up less points than the Texans defense.

No blinders here, just facts.

5. rezdawg

Cutler has fumbled twice this season...and both were returned for TDs. I dont get your point. A 5 yard interception is bad...a fumble return for a TD is just as bad. And Cutler has thrown more picks in his own territory...which led to very easy scores. Cutler is a complete turnover machine.

And its not like he's lacking weapons...Marshall, Bennett, and Forte can be just as dangerous as AJ, Daniels, and Foster.

6. Grinds

Grinds Member

Give Schaub the #1 defense this year and look at his results.

2012- I'd argue HOU gave up more points (small 2.0 discrepancy anyways) because Schaub put his team in WORSE positions than Ryan did. Also the discrepancy between the teams' run games heavily favors Schaub, yet ATL had a better record in a better conference.

2011- Who knows. Would've been nice to see Schaub in there.

2010- Huge advantage defensively for Ryan. ATL, in turn, had a much better record than Schaub.... got a playoff bye (something Schaub has never done).... then lost to the eventual Champs in the playoffs. ATL also ranked 26th in rushing while Schaub had the #3.

2009- Ryan's 2nd season... can't really be too hard on him whatever happened.

7. Grinds

Grinds Member

The point is.... IF Schaub at least attempted more downfield (non-5 yarders) passes many things would be better. You understand football. Do you think Sherman is sitting so hard on a 5 yarder if we didn't throw them so much? Really? Neither Jake nor Schaub are clearly better than the other. And it's homeristic to say you'd NEVER want him considering what you've seen from Schaub.

btw- you listed Schaub's weapons and forget Tate and Deandre? Know why? Because it makes Schaub look worse. Hell, Graham is prob better than Bennett who you mentioned for Jake.

8. rezdawg

This season is far from finished...if the Texans can keep it up, then lets wait for the results, rather than burn his jersey outside of the stadium. There is a reason the season isnt 4 games in length.

2012...what evidence do you have that Schaub put his team in WORSE positions? Ryan had more turnovers than Schaub did.

My whole point is that it doesnt matter who we have at QB...because I am sure that if we had Ryan, this fan base would still be complaining about something.

Schaub is on a bad streak, that is for sure...but even when he had his good streak, half the city wanted him gone. He's always been ridiculed far more than he deserved. Look around the NFL, outside of a few QBs, the rest of them will need to heavily rely on their team taking them to the Super Bowl. Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, etc...all these guys have great arms, but they all lack the ability to take their team to the big show unless they have some major help.

9. rezdawg

No, I didnt purposely leave them out...Tate and Foster are never on the field at the same time...so its not like Schaub is working with extra weapons on any one play. And Chicago has Alshon...who can be just as good as Deandre...in fact, as of right now, he is better. And Bennett is definitely a bigger force than Graham...and thats not even close. Bennett is not only much larger, but is faster and more athletic. I'd be willing to bet the majority of GMs take Bennett over Daniels.

#1889 rezdawg, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  10. Grinds

Grinds Member

Of course play the season out, but as of right now (this season included) Ryan is clearly better than Schaub IMO. Plus he's 4 years younger. Cutler is right there with Schaub though. I'd take my chances with Stafford as well as many others.

11. Grinds

Grinds Member

Fair enough.

btw- always take a fumble before a 5 yard INT. The TD return rate is much lower.

12. rezdawg

Good talk...time for bed. Have a good one. :)

13. J.R.

J.R. Member