1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Seahawks @ Texans 9/29/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The first few years here, Schaub was pretty good.

Over the last 10 games or so he's been one of the worst.

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

You're absolutely right about the mistakes happening at crucial times. It's happened enough times that it has become a trend for Matt Schaub. He can't handle pressure, both in terms of on the field and in magnitude of big games or opponents.

Erase that one play, and I still don't feel confident about Schaub. It's become a given that Schaub will throw one pick a game. Unfortunately, those mistakes he makes are coming up more and more consistently during crunch time.

We all know and mostly admit that a QB change won't happen this year. It's sad that this is the case. I feel bad for Andre Johnson. Be loyal to that guy over everyone else. He's been here longer. Put him in the best position to win a ring. Who cares about Schaub?

The post game comments from Kubiak and Schaub are just downright embarrassing. It's like Schaub knows he has a job as long as Kubiak is coach and has become entitled to bad games without reprucussions. Kubiak has to stop protecting Schaub's bad decisions by saying it's his play calling. If it is bad play calling, so what? Schaub still has to make the call in action. What are they supposed to say? I don't know, but it's not telling the media that you're going to keep doing you. Maybe say you'll look at tape and figure it out. Just embarrassing.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Keyshawn Johnson: Every single year we sit here and talk about a game they have to win to prove a point. That big game. The Seattle game was that game. I picked them to win it. For 3 quarters, they were winning it. Most of the games have looked like that this year.

(Talking about Schaub) 3 pick-sixes this year; sacked seven times in the 4th quarter/overtime; 20th in 4th quarter completion percentage. They have to figure out the 4th quarter. Matt Schaub is a good quarterback for the first 3 quarters. That 4th quarter, he's just bitten.

Cris Carter: I don't like to beat up on coaches because players have the football in their hand and Schaub had the ball in his hand but for me, as a play caller, you have to know your personnel. You have to know your quarterback. When the defensive end did not go for the play fake, you cannot throw that ball under no circumstances. I blame the coach for putting him in a position because Schaub, you have to make the right decision there. That cost them the game. Another thing is, AFC/NFC. Richard Sherman after the game said their offense is very predictable. He said their offense is very predictable; I thought they would run that play and that's how I made that key interception returned for a touchdown.

Tom Jackson: Key, you were talking about statement games. There were a couple against New England last year. They beat Baltimore but played Green Bay at home and got blown out. Here's what Matt Schaub is making us do: you talk about the picks the last three games, you talk about losing the statement games, now I know they'll say all the right things(we're behind you, we got your back, we're with you) but you got them thinking Matt. You're making them think. You're making them think about doing something.

Ditka: I don't want to beat up the coach but my only question is why? 3rd down and four/five, run the ball, punt it away. You send a bad message to your football team, especially your defense. "This is Seattle, we don't think our D can hold it down." That bothers me. That's the only thing that bothers me. I think you gotta take a chance, run the football, punt it away and let your team play football with three minutes left in the game. I'm not blaming the coach, it just happened.

Key: They're gonna allow Indianapolis to come back in the fold. They're gonna allow them to come back in.

Berman: Houston, defensively, Watt had a great game. We know they have personnel but the Colts are the real deal and by the way, don't look past Tennessee. Houston is behind both of them.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Berman hates houston

5. egr281

egr281 Member

That pick six was a killer but everything leading up to it was horrible as well, after tates fumble it seemed like the game changed and our sense of urgency turned to panic. The defense has done enough each of the first 4 games for us to win, they have been the only consistent factor of this team so far no matter what their attitude doesnt change and that comes from son of bum i think, to me its night and day between the way phillips controls the defense to the way kubiak coaches the offense. Also our ST isnt worth a damn thanks to that bum marciano so add that on to the crap list. Overall i think we still might go 10-6 so on to next week!!!!

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

what's the point if the head coach doesn't let the QB audible? :confused:

you've coached the same qb more than 5 years, and you don't let him audible? what other qb in the nfl doesn't get to audible because of their coach?

defenses have seen your offensive play callings for the past 5 years. they're going to find a pattern on what you're going to call. if you don't let your QB audible, then you're not making the defense guess on what your offense is doing.

kubiak is stupid if he thinks he's going to win a superbowl without letting your QB audible

also, ben tate lack of carries not because of the fumble is bullscheet. who actually believed him?

7. Grinds

Grinds Member

Texans got screwed on a helment to helment against Schaub that ended up a sack. It occurred 4th Q, ball on SEA 49 on our final drive. We were flagged for illegal formation, so the play may've offset, but it ended up 2nd and 20 instead of a replayed 1st and 10. Mvpcrossover was the only poster who mentioned when it happened.

The helment contact was obvious and literally right in front of ref's unobstructed view. Didn't cost us the game, but it damn sure didn't help.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Question...is Cutler any better than Schaub? Matt Ryan? Stafford?

Or would we still be talking about Keenum if we had any of those guys?

9. Grinds

Grinds Member

For everyone applauding our o-line's improved play, consider SEA was missing 3 starters. js

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think so too.

Any ways, I really don't think putting it in the air was a bad decision. About 3 mins to go Kubiak is going for the FG there to put the game away definitely. Maybe the call was a bad call but coaches shouldn't have to suffer a bad call because their QB makes bone head play and compounds it.

I agree with what Dungy said about it. You have to trust your players.

11. Grinds

Grinds Member

Is there anything Schaub definantly does better than those guys?

I doubt they throw 5 yard pick 6's anywhere near Schaub's rate.

12. rezdawg

Stafford throws a lot of interceptions....Cutler is a turnover machine. And Matt Ryan has had an offense with good running game, pro bowl TE, and two pro bowl receivers....yet, his playoff record is horse crap.

If you want to purely focus on a pick 6...okay, Matt Ryan is better in that area than Schaub. If you want to discuss their complete repertoire, none of them have much on Schaub...at least, they have nothing to show for it.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Cutler threw 4 int to the same player a few years ago . See if schaub can top that :grin:

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think Ryan is in a completely different league from schaub and only getting better.

I think Stafford can make a lot of throws that Schaub cannot. He is a little similar to schaub in a lot of ways, but he has a better and more skilled arm on an all around level. Schaub a skill level deteriorates beyond intermediate throws

And I think cutler is generally hot garbage. I would never want him on my team. He makes way more mistakes than schaub and whines nonstop.

15. rezdawg

I agree that Ryan and Stafford have better arms...but Stafford is on a perennial 8 win team...and Ryan has all the talent in the world around him but cant do anything with it. It's great to have an awesome arm, but why cant we make the argument that Ryan and Stafford arent the kind of QBs you can win with? If everyone is so focused on results, Ryan has failed more often than Schaub. At least Schaub is .500 in the playoffs. Ryan has a long way to go before he can match that.

16. Grinds

Grinds Member

Last 3 seasons ATL's rushing (y/a) has ranked 12th, 29th, and 21st. HOU 3rd, 8th, 8th. Don't argue ATL's running. We all know their respective defenses have favored Schaub... ESPECIALLY THIS YEAR.

Schaub has also had better weapons overall the last 3 years than all these guys except maybe Ryan. But the D makes up for it by far.

And remember, it's not just pick 6's.... it's 5 yard pick 6's. Highly doubtful there'd be 3 games consecutive with TDs off 20 yards downfield.

17. Grinds

Grinds Member

Post the exact boxscore and I bet Matt doesn't stack up after ALL things are considered.

18. Grinds

Grinds Member

I hear you on all points. But you really wouldn't try Cutler our very next game instead of Schaub? You gotta remember CHI has started very strong the last 2 seasons then had the WORST 2nd half injuries than ANY other team 2 consecutive years. No way should someone say NEVER want him when you have 5 yard pick 6's. This isn't Matt's 1st season doing this.

19. rezdawg

Fact of the matter is that those ATL teams were among the very best in the NFC (two 13 win seasons in the last 3 years)...and they would be knocked out of the playoffs after the first game. Last year, Ryan was able to finally win a playoff game, despite throwing 2 interceptions (The running backs combined for 167 yards on only 26 carries).

My only point is that people here would complain til no end if the Texans had as many playoff appearances and 13 win seasons as the Falcons...and only one playoff win to show for it. Schaub would be getting slaughtered.

Again, Im open to drafting a QB in 2014 with one of our top picks...but I just want to give some perspective here, as there are many other teams that are being led by QBs that arent taking the team anywhere...yet the QBs are in pretty good standing amongst their fan base.

20. rezdawg

Week 1:
    Cutler with 1 interception.

Week 2:
    Cutler with 2 interceptions and 1 fumble lost, which was returned for a TD.

Week 3:
    159 yards passing, 1 td pass, and no mistakes. Basically, played game manager with a 5.3 ypa.

Week 4:
    Cutler with 3 interceptions and 1 lost fumble that was returned for a TD.

Fumbles for a TD are just as bad as pick 6s....and out of his 6 interceptions, he may have not thrown a pick 6, but he pretty much set up the other team for easy scores bc a few of them were in their own territory.

I can go back through all the previous years as well...including the 26 interception season a few years back. Cutler is a disaster compared to Schaub.