1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Seahawks @ Texans 9/29/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sunday noon on FOX Chris Myers Tim Ryan Jennifer Hale

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Texans bounce back

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

could get ugly, Schaub throws 2 INTs including a pick 6 to Richard Sherman.

Seahawks 27 Texans 6

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

5. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

We lose 33-17 and Kubiak responds with

"You know, our offense has got to do better, Mark. There were mistakes that we made and we've got to step up. Penalties are a problem, so we've got to improve there."

6. YaosDirtyStache

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Texans win BIG.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I can give you the "complete" transcript in advance if you like. You have started well.

9. underrated015

underrated015 Member

can we bounce back from a loss? Im not so sure. Schaub has to be careful or it can get ugly for him. i say Foster or Tate has good game running the football. I have the texans 17 to 10 over the seahawks.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hope Duane, Andre, and Reed are 100%

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Texans will get the win. Need to contain Wilson and use home field to our advantage.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The seahawks are a arrogant bunch that likes to rub it in your face when they beat you - pretty much the exact opposite of the Texans. If we don't score a touchdown on the first drive, the boo-birds are going to come out and that will really get the seahawks going.

That said, the seahawks were 3-5 on the road last year and 4 of those 5 losses were against teams that didn't even make the playoffs.

I'm gonna say 17-14 Texans.

13. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

God if Duane Brown doesn't play it could get real scary, BUT if he plays...we still lose!

24 -10 Seacocks

14. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Not gonna be pretty. Seahawks defense is scary, plus you breathe on Schaub he goes down.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Our linebackers this season have been slooooow. Including Cushing. Wilson is going to get at least 80 yards on the ground.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Either this:
    "First and foremost John, our guys never quit... And they kept playing as hard as they could..."

or

"Tough loss. But its the NFL, John. You have to play well for 60 minutes in order to have a chance. And our main guys have to step up and make plays."

Aside from all the fun and games. This is a nightmare match up for both the offense and defense. The Seattle squad is a well coached bunch and gets its edge from a firey competitor in Pete Carroll. Pete is gonna gamble, and he will look to embrass his opponents on the field and smile while doing it. I get fired up after watching Pete march around on the sidelines firing up his team.

On defense: our defense has been exceptional, and our run defense has really been stout aside from that poor first half showing in San Diego. Clean tackles are a must or Marshawn is gonna truck some DB's next weekend. And the Line has to be disciplined keeping Russel within the pocket. On the outside, I do think that our backs match well with their receivers, but the key to the game will be to stay tight on coverage. And oh yeah, Ed Reed can make plays too...

On offense: Matt has to take care of the ball if we are to have a chance, and the OLine has to play much better than the embarrassing performance that was shown in Baltimore. Richard Sherman is a man child, and has the size and speed to stay with Johnson 1-1. That will most likely mean that Hopkins is gonna get doubled. This has to be a monster game for the TE's, slot receiver and RBs. They will have to force Seattle to account for routes inside. Personally, I dont know why Kubiak hasnt tired the 2 RB sets yet. This would be a perfect time to throw off an aggressive defense by forcing them to account for both Foster and Tate in the back field. Matt doesnt need to be a huge factor, just as long as he isnt giving points to the Seahawks.

As much as I would love to see a Texans win, this is a superbowl ready team that is just demolishing opponents, and has the fire power to out score teams. The Texans cant give points to the Seahawks. They are too good to give them a head start.

prediction: 35-17 Seahawks (just looks like and playing like the better team)...Texans fall to 2-2

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

6-36

Seahawks

18. arjun

arjun Member

surprise victory?

anything can happen in the NFL

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i predicted them to win at BAL. i'd be surprised if they pull this one out. SEA defense and offense is better.

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Can Texans win this? Then you can talk about going to SB if they can. If they can not, and lose the game badly, stop talking the nonsense about SB. Texans could miss the playoff.