1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Russia Endorsing Trump, Again, Set to Interfere on His Behalf, Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@dachuda86 is getting his excuse for cheating ready.

2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I don’t know maybe just maybe Russia wants to Sow division. Maybe Russia wants to see the US have a super hot economy with no safety net when it crashes. Maybe Russia wants to see the US rack up records amount of deficits even though the economy is blooming. If you were Putin right now wouldn’t you be happy with the state of division that is happening right now?

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I dont want to get to caught up in this because the Ukraine phone call is bad regardless. If Ukraine investigated Biden it could have had an affect on people's thought processes

But i interpet inteference as trying to hack voting machines for instance. For the most part i just dont think trying to fool people with disinformation is all that affective and its something anyone can do.

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

To say disinformation is not affective is false please read the info in these links. Disinformation campaigns are effective and can have serious consequences.

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/06/5080...formation-campaign-could-extend-its-tentacles

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russi...n-campaign-fueling-coronavirus-alarm-us-says/

B-Bob likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Your first link

The CiA

Nobody

Has actual numbers on how many people it affects in terms of changing minds. Just a bunch of old news on the old Soviet Union. That was another world ago.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is what im saying. Invest? How much does it cost to put a fake story in the interwebs?

9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

If that is old news why is Russia continuing to do it and being successful at doing it. Heck Russia is doing it now with the coronavirus

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What success? What numbers back that up?

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

If only it was only fake news stories. You do know Russia employees a network of intelligence officers to run their campaigns. To suggest it is just running a couple of fake stories on the interwebs is complete garbage

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You know who has been successful. The CIA in keeping a bunch of jobs with this story

Intelligence officer? Is that a number?

13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Depends on what you mean by success and what the objectives of the Russians disinformation campaigns. Mostly it is to weaken and sow division. In that regard Russia has more than met thier objectives. Here is another link. Although I honestly doubt you actually reads these. But I will post it anyways

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.br...rence-in-democracies-lessons-from-europe/amp/

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You know what has sown division? The DNC b****ing about 2016

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@AleksandarN

Putin spends a lot of time on this. Our democracy is functioning just fine. He has won anything

16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

So are you telling me Russian has not tried to sow division around the world? I guess all of the governments around the world are wrong and you are right. Russia’s disinformation campaigns are harmless. It is all about getting CIA work. You do know how ridiculous you sound right about now.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Nobody in America is thinking about Putin and disinformation when they fal
    Its not working. Its just a bunch of fake stories on the intertubes

I guesz this is the Reagan strategy of letting gim keep spending money till he's bankrupt

Show me the numbers

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Ok let’s start with a billion dollars and go from there. A billion that’s a lot of fake news stories. How many do you think a billion dollars cover? And that’s just in Europe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...dec/05/eu-disinformation-war-russia-fake-news

#138 AleksandarN, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    B-Bob likes this.
  19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again why are all other western counties concerned about Russia’s disinformation campaigns?

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... this is retrumplican at its very core. This panel (and lol, dershowitz)...