1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Royals @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 29, 2015.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

When your 3rd in RS and ERA (AL), good things tend to happen :)

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Villar provides more positional versatility, but given that Altuve and Correa start every game I don't think the need for him is that dire.

Marisnick and Rasmus should both be back shortly, the need for a CF isn't that dire either. I personally would much rather see Hoes than Villar. He really hasn't been given too much of a chance with us. I'm not sold on Santana or Tucker at the moment, may as well throw another hat into the mix to see if one of them can make an impact.

Start Rasmus everyday, Marisnick most days, and rotate the other 3 until Springer gets back or one of them grabs the job.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Is he going to be back by Friday? Villar is likely the best defensive CF option on 40-man healthy until either Rasmus or Marisnick are back. I was thinkl Marisnick would be back Sunday or Monday leaving the Astros a day or 2 without a CF.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I assume if he feels OK after last night and DH'ing today, he'll be available Friday.

I wonder how tempted Hinch was last night to put Correa in CF.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Hoes is a corner OF. Tucker and Santana can man the corners for a day or two while Rasmus and Marisnick heal with Gattis as backup. Astros 1st, 2nd, and 3rd options in CF are down. Astros likely want a CF for a couple of games.

6. Airdough

Airdough Member

Give me some Tony Kemp, he's been effective out there for Fresno.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

At this point I would be more than happy if we removed Grossman from the 40 and added Kemp. At this point Grossman is what he is IMO, he's good for the occasional walk but is otherwise completely harmless.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JvSXJ4_g228" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I believe the correct title is Vamos, Vamos Los Astros. :)

10. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

With this series coming to an end, I think it is worth noting the importance of Altuve's return to "normality":

10 G 10 R 14 H 4 2B 2 HRs 6 SBs

I haven't seen his name come up as much in the trade thread this past week either... When this guy is 100% healthy, he is a stud. With him making 3.5 next year, 4.5 in '17, 6 in '18, and 6.5 in '19 (at age 29), I think we need to go ahead and accept that he is here until someone in our own system challenges him.

I am thrilled to see this guy in July be someone that can help carry the team again with Springer possibly out of the lineup and waiting for Lowrie to return.

11. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Springer to DL.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Astros are going to call up OF Alex Presley, which means Springer likely headed to DL as expected.</p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart ⚾️ (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/616646043803844608">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

F the Royals. Haven't they been in a number of dustups this year for throwing at guys?

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Am I missing something when I say Kemp or Hoes should have been called up?

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Well, Kemp isn't on the 40 man roster, so that could complicate some of his trade value...Hoes I still think has options and Presley doesn't. Also, Presley has been doing well so maybe it has to do with his tenure and options left... just my conjecture. There is interest in Hoes and possibly Kemp for trade talk and by calling up Hoes maybe they are worried his numbers will decline or something and devalue his trade value...just my conjecture. But I'm with you, could've been any of those guys.

15. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I think they decided with Presley because he is the best defender

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Time for the next game and new thread! Ready to knock the Sox off of Boston!

Go Stros!

17. conquistador#11

Since MMP plays sweet caroline for those people, will they play deep in the heart of texas for us?