1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rockies @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Advanced ticket sales dictate that there still will be BIG crowds for all weekend games.

Weekday games never draw as well... perhaps they'll have some in the high 20,000's (which hasn't happened in awhile)... but not much worse (especially not for games against the Cardinals, Cubs, Braves, and Mets).

Baseball is much more affordable than basketball, and a Minute Maid Park outing is much more than just "attending another sporting event."

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Qualls with more inconsistency.

Has a dominant 2 inning stint yesterday afternoon... and gets bombed as soon as he sets foot on the mound today.

3. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

hats off to BIGGIO! :):):)

#3000!!!!

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I take back my earlier statement about Qualls being mediocre. He's a below average pitcher these days. Inconsistant is way too kind.

Can't blame Garner though - who else does he go to in that situation?

5. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Would 3001 as a walk off homer be too much to ask.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

To bad we have to lose the game. :mad:

Congrats, Bidge!

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

HOLY S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EL CABALLO WITH A WALK OFF GRAND SLAM AFTER BIGGIO GETS AN INFIELD HIT FOR 3,002!

I dont care what happens the rest of this season. This was one of the most amazing games I've ever seen.

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

What an unbelievable game...Biggio get's 3,000...and then one of his staple trademarks over his career, his all-out hustle, sparks the rally that led to the Lee slam.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Uhh... that was some way to end it!!!

At least our bullpen wasn't the worst in baseball for one night... that would be the Rockies (3 runs allowed in the 8th by Hawkins, and a walkoff grandslam for el Caballo in extgra innings off Fuentes).

Even when the Astros are as bad as they are this year... they still didn't fail to outshine the Rockets organization: Biggio getting 3,000 hits (and the way he got it) was an amazing spectacle to watch. The fact that they find a way to win the game will cement it as an even more memorable experience.

10. mokulen

mokulen Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't care if the games don't mean anything anymore - that was one spectacular ending! :eek:

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wow! I get to eat crow tonite! Sweet...I'm glad I kept the game on till the end. Awesome!

12. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Wow! That was quite an ending. Way to go Biggio.

13. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

Hey hey! Just heard the news! CONGRATS to Craig Biggio, who is a class act.

& it's very good to see some emotion for once this year.

Sweet! Keep it up.

14. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Carlos Lee hits a walk off salami on Biggio's big night. This is it. This is where the Astros make their miraculous comeback. I think everybody should bookmark this thread. We now have an official record of MadMax giving up on the Astros. Yes, MadMax, the ultimate Astros homer, the guy that has blasted so many "typical Astros fans" all these years for giving up on the Astros, has just done that.

Let it be known throughout all the world when the Astros are sipping champagne after their World Series victory, that MadMax is a BANDWAGON fan! :D

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

un-fkn-believable...Of course Bidge, but "El Caballo" winning it, which on a night like this, we had to win...

WooHoo!!!

16. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

crap I missed it watching the same thing over and over again on ESPN about the draft. oh well, congrats to Biggio, and this could be the spark that we need to make a run!!

WWWW

17. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

wow was that nuts or what! what a night for the astros...

18. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

What a game... what a game. Who in the hell could have scripted not one, two... but FIVE hits for Biggio tonight?! Unreal!

Then, when it's all looking like a typical Astros loss, Carlos Lee gets enough of the fair part of the Crawford boxes for a GRAND SLAM! Wow :D

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

that was the best game i've ever been to. congrats to biggio. unfortunately i don't know when the crowd will be that electric again. i took a bunch of video, i'm gonna try and youtube it.

20. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

Absolutely amazing, mindblowing game..........words don't do it justice how nuts MMP was tonight. When Big was at the plate for 3000, you could have cut the tension with a knife. Cameras flashing everywhere, every pitch.

Fast forward to the 11th, when Carlos stepped up, you had a feel that he was going all or nothing. When the ball cleared the fence (off the bat we thought it may be too high), everyone had the look of complete joy, shock and awe. Next best fan experience to the WS run in 2005.

UN-FREAKIN-REAL