1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Rockets Keeping Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jun 28, 2007.

1. bushi63

bushi63 Member

thats the only reasonable explanation to me.. brooks was a great college player.. but his speed in college doesnt equal his speed in the pros.. EVERYONES gonna be faster.. taller and stronger. for once id like the rockets to draft someone who actually stays on the team..

on a happier note.. biggio got his 3000 hit right after the brooks pick..

2. streetx613

streetx613 Member

we blew our draft pick!
    we could have traded down to a second round pick and he probably would have still been there

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Isn't Rafer supposed to be one of the fastest players in the NBA? Big friggin' deal.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This is why listening to all the draft run-up is such BS.

5. azn perzuazn

azn perzuazn Member

I am confused why the Rockets keeps on stacking up on guards, especially undersized guards. They said Brooks has speed, but speed Kills!!! I guess all Houston teams picks up poorly in the draft. Morey is another Casserly.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Its the return of Moochie Norris.

7. PCMILLS

PCMILLS Member

The Chronicle just reported the following:
    "The Rockets also acquired the 31st pick of the draft for a future second round pick and cast and selected Purdue forward Carl Landry."

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

actually, rafer is one of the SLOWEST PG's in the league. don't let his ball handling fool you, he cant get in the paint or blow by defenders.

9. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Why do we have to many guards on this team? :( Don't know anymore!! :mad: :mad:

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Can you say....

Leandro Barbosa??

part deux?

11. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Let me help you out here... He's 5'11" and weighs 160 lbs. He's going into the NBA!!! A league with PGs that are 6'6".

On a brighter note whenever we play against Earl Boykins we're MONEY!

LMAO

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Must have been Clyde just talking out of his ass again.

13. vizier

vizier Member

how a pg not much taller than me can feed a 7'6 c in the post is beyond me

14. Stevie Wonder

Stevie Wonder Member

Why am I the only one that thinks Brooks was a good choice. So what we have 4 pg's on the roster, in my estimation Brooks is already top 2 on the roster. I guess I've just seen him play so much being a huge Pac 10 Hoops fan. I know this isn't the NFL, but he really does have game changing speed. He's a great floor leader and a serious competitor. He will break down a defense and I haven't seen anyone that can stay in front of him. He will penetrate and kick and make this offense flow.

I guess I'm from the school of thought that says you take the best player available and myself along with the Rockets didn't think McRoberts, Spitter or Big Baby was teh right fit for this team, you don't always draft a player just because you need a position.

I give Morey and the Rockets Brass alittle credit, I'm sure they are aware they have a large void at PF, I don't think they are blind. There are other ways to acquire a PF then just the draft, I'm sure they will do their best.

Landry and Brooks give this team a nice infusion of youth.....

15. vizier

vizier Member

let's pick the 6'9 pg in sun

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am going to reserve judgement until it is all said and done with the Roster but Brooks was slated to go about 55+ in most mock drafts, and Landry was around 60 or not drafted....

It doesn't look good, but maybe Morey knows something everyone else doesn't.

He did say they were drafting for the future at 26, so don't expect Brooks to make a contribution this year....

DD

17. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Are we to take this as a sign that Billy's going back to Greece so he can be EuroMac and we're dumping Luther and/or JL3?

18. SmitingPurpleEm

Lakers beat us to it; they drafted him at #40.

19. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Picked by the Lakers so Kobe has someone to carry his bags.

20. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

John Lucas III is one of the fastest players in the league. Now we've got the fastest pair. Arriba! Arriba!