1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Rockets Keeping Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Who needs a pf when we have novak :rolleyes:

What's so odd is that they could have traded down to the second round and got this guy for nothing.

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

OK we are keeping him then why the hell didn't we trade down to mid 2nd with maybe like Portland who has 3 second round picks?

Trade the 26th pick for a future pick and take Brooks with a 2nd round pick.

Just amazes me what the hell Rockets were thinking?

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i like this pick. aaron can play the point...hes extremely fast and can score at will. hes better than rafer and luther head. we'll be getting rid of those two for someone no doubt.

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Is this an Adleman pick, coming from Oregon?

5. TheHangover

TheHangover Member

My guess: Morey was had and Adelman is putting a spin on it. Like a GM initiation rite or something. Some team made a fake agreement with him to trade x for Aaron Brooks and it seemed too good to be true. Then the Rockets go through with it and Morey gets a call back saying "you dumb POS hahaha you've been punked!". So now we have to keep Brooks and Adelman is forced to make up stuff to cover Morey's back.

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    "Suck it, Houston. Suck my moneyballs. Suck'em long and suck'em hard."

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

We might have been able to pick Brooks at 54 with the pick we got today.

8. therox3

therox3 Member

Brooks is actually under 6 feet. He measured at 5'10 (w/o shoes) prior to the draft. Brooks was a really good and exciting college player but being quick doesn't mean you can automatically run an up and down NBA offense.

9. matty101

matty101 Member

In all honesty im pretty neutral on this pick because i dont know enough about Brooks to make a judgement.

However i am amazed that we didnt trade down the trade and get him because im sure he wouldve been there in the high 30's low 40's.

Just not sure exactly what management were trying to do?? :confused:

10. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I'm having a really hard time with the rockets as of the past 2 drafts. This is getting ridiculous.

11. jonjon

jonjon Contributing Member

and the plot thickens...

12. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

so what if he's fast..its no good if he's got noone that will run with him..and plus anyone at that size is a defensive liability...if we do keep him..i hope we trade off one of our other guards..hopefully for a rebounder.

13. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

The guy was Allen Iverson's backup QB in high school.

14. MManal

MManal Member

Its funny, I was watching a 3 pt shootout of college players yesterday which must been taped from earlier in the year and Aaron Brooks was in it. The guy was by far the best shooter; he had a score of 24 in the first round and 23 in the second round. They talked about how he made several key shots down the stretch for Oregon and showed some highlights. Essentially, he appeared to be a taller Earl Boykins with a MUCH better outside shot. The guy sounded like an Adelman player and the type of PG you would need to get this team playing more up tempo. I thought it was completely unlikely though that the Rockets take him considering the needs at the PF spot. The only way I thought this would be possible, though, is if V-Span and Rafer were both on their way out which at this stage I would guess is likely.

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

As much as I'm not too happy about this pick, I don't think Aaron Brooks would have been available in the second round. Both Detroit (#27) and Phoenix (#29) were very interested in Brooks around this area.

Again, I'm not thrilled. But the Rockets would NOT have been able to trade down and still get Brooks.

16. tested911

tested911 Member

Um Why does speed keep popping up?? I don't know if Adelman knows this but we have a guy name Yao Ming? and Yao makes Tim Duncan look like Kevin Durant... Yao = Slow, SLOWER, SLOWEST on the team. I'm up for trading Yao though :)

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I still don't get it. Out of all the players mentioned over the past few months, never once did I hear anything about Aaron Brooks. Maybe I missed it but I spend lots of time on here. Only way this makes any sense is if one of our point guards are on the move.

18. tedsun

tedsun Member

hoho.. Does Morey and Adeleman want to treat Yao as a donkey? His stamina can only make him play 35 minutes. If he injured again rox would difinitely become grizzles this year.

19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Morey < Casserly

20. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

i wont be so disappointed if we don't have that big hole at the PF position
    i won't be much more disappointed if we don't already have 4 PGs

look like VSpan is staying in Greece
    Alston or Lucas is on their way out
    this is for future
    he needs develop better PG skill