1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Red Sox @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 24, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

I said before the season that they were going to surprise people but I didn't think they'd be this good. Their pitching is still questionable, Martin Perez is living on borrowed time.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Buck Turgidson

I don't see how they can go any games with only 1 healthy catcher, and he's catching Sunday and is not exactly 100%. Just DL the guy already.

Wulaw Horn and Nook like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

So?

I’ll take the Astros in a playoff series over the Twins.

King1, Wulaw Horn, BigM and 1 other person like this.
  5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

So would I.

BigM and Nook like this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I’m not exactly sure of the Twins number, but the Astros have only played 15 games against sub .500 teams. The Twins have played around 35.

I assume that meant the teams were below .500 when they played.

texans1095 likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

At this point "so?" indeed. They've already beaten us 4 of 7 (it's a shame we don't get to play again later in the year), but mostly I like our odds of making impactful changes more than theirs.

8. Buck Turgidson

24-7 against Bal/Tor/KC/LAA/Sea

texans1095 likes this.
  9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Stros really taking away some of the pain of the Rockets' perennial shortcomings.

Concerned for the mounting injuries, but let's look at it as an opportunity for the other guys down the line to get their chance and step up.

10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Astros are clearly the best team in baseball. This tells you all you need to know about who has played a tougher schedule. The month of July will be a total cakewalk for the Stros, in fact I would not be surprised if they put up a ridiculous winning streak.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/rpi/_/sort/sos

SWTsig and whiskeyred like this.
  11. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

LOL at reading some of these posts this morning. One guy gave up and left when it got tied up saying it was going to be a loss. Another guy was passively bashing Correa before he got the game winning hit.

Let's face it guys. This team has the 2017 feel all over again. If you cant be optimistic about this team, then you need to stop being an Astros fan!

12. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And if they dont, we will all blame you and you'll have to pick up the bar tab. @Buck Turgidson is a pretty cheap date though. MD 20/20 is his go to.

13. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

14. Major

Major Member

Don't forget about the Yankees. They have the same record as the Astros, and they've done it without their 2 best offensive players and 2 best pitchers in Stanton, Judge, Severino, and Paxton most of the season, not to mention several lesser players like Gregorius and Betances.

I'm not sure *how* they are doing it and I know they have an easier schedule, but imagine the Astros without Springer, Bregman, Verlander, Cole, and a few others.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Having the 5th easiest schedule to date certainly doesn’t hurt.

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

17. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

I love this team but I don’t know about a total cakewalk in July. Besides the fact that we just lost two at home to a sub-.500 team earlier this week and before Springer went down, the Astros will have four series in July where we play an opponent that is currently .500 or better in that applicable venue:

@Rangers
    @Angels
    @Cardinals
    @Indians

Even the home series against Oakland may not be a cakewalk. The As have rattled off 8 wins in a row.

As to clearly being the best team in baseball, the Twins, Yankeees, Rays, and Dodgers are all right there in the mix and would be tough opponents.

#437 rockets94-95, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
  18. Buck Turgidson

I drank orange Mad Dog once in high school. Once. The dayglo orange vomit that night cured me of the desire to ever touch that crap again.

Happy Birthday Stubby!

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yankees have been blessed for 100 years. They shouldn't say a damn thing.

raining threes likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Some former stars can't handle their successors successes... Mgrady...

But Bagwell and Biggio are pure class and Houston Astros at heart. I absolutely love it when they add Bagwell to the commentary booth. Dude is very insightful and loves this team.

My favorite part about game 5 of that epic World Series in 17 was Biggio's reactions to all those homers behind the plate.

mikol13, Houstunna and Marteen like this.