1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 7, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

John McClain: "Gary, Matt threw 62 passes. Does that concern you?"

Gary: "Darn right it does. Can't have Matt sit back and throw the ball that many times. But that's on me. We should have run the ball more."

John: "Why didn't you?"

Gary: "Hate to keep telling you guys the same things over and over again, but we got behind early and things got out of whack. We only had [x] number of possession and were only on the field [x] times in the first half. Since we got behind, we had to get back in the game. But you're right. That's on me. We should have ran the ball more."

2. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Hate to say it, but... this.

3. lean

lean Member

Houston sports is either cursed or in some ridiculous funk.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Didn't he say that he is proud of his players and they gave it their best out there and you couldn't ask for more and there is still alot of ball games left.. ??:rolleyes:

5. msn

msn Member

We are mostly in agreement. The Texans, despite all the high draft picks and FA signings, simply aren't that talented on defense. And yes, IMO the Ravens actually have a *greater* talent advantage over the Texans on D than the Texans have on O. Suggs, Lewis, and co. for the win. Literally.

6. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Sorry, I'm just not a Shaub fan... He's too streaky and not very accurate...there were an unnecessary amount of dropped balls, but if you really look at the passes, they are rarely on the numbers...either under thrown, thrown behind, too high. Also, some of his decisions are very questionable. Out of the 10 Texans jerseys I have, not one of them is a Shaub, but I'm definitely on the Foster Wagon, got 2 of his already. What a great runner. Bout time we got that.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It really seemed like the running game was only used as an accent to the passing game. Even before we fell behind by 3 scores, it seemed like every time we got a good run on first down to bring up a 2nd and short, we passed it.

Also, if we had a decent game plan to start with and didn't have to make halftime adjustments, we wouldn't fall behind so early and could afford to run a more balanced offense.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Evidently

On Scale of 1 - 10
    Our Defensive - 1 .. played like a 3
    Their Offensive 5 played like a 3

Our Offensive 9 play like a 3 then like a 10
    Their Defensive 8 . . played like a 10 then like 3

overall . . .we just didn't have enough to get over the hump

Rocket River

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha he may have. I stopped tuning into them[the pressers] the past few weeks. New week same old Texans, same old Kubiak.

'Well those kids are battling and we're gonna keep pushin' and keep fightin'. These kids havent given up and neither have we [coaches].'

yada yada yada

Wait, think I found a clip of Kubiak's presser

womp womp womp womp

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eUyLwXhqlWU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eUyLwXhqlWU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

But yeah, Kubiak may have also said that, not sure, but almost positive Bob McNair said that after the Jets game.

10. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

So you don't like Schaub because he isn't very accurate but you think Vince Young would be better?

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He's definitely taken a step back this year, but he was awesome last year. I'll take a wait and see position on him, especially if we bring in new coaches. I do appreciate the fact that he isn't David Carr.

Which reminds me, congrats to Schaub for becoming the Texans' all time leading passer tonight.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ahhh...the theme of the Kubiak regime. Just can't get over the hump.

13. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

I watched VY play for Texas, and he does what it takes to win games. I think he's in a bad situation in Tennessee for whatever reason, but I don't think it would be too awful to take a shot at him.

14. msn

msn Member

yeah those molehills can be pretty tough when you dig a big old hole in front of them.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well .. . . Here is what is going to bug me.
    VY Will have a new coach next year
    and the Texans won't.

I think Tennessee will pull the trigger on a 17 yr head coach who took
    them to the superbowl . . who is simply no longer getting it done
    and
    The Texans will settle for status quo . . .with their 5 yr coach who makes rookie mistakes!!

Rocket River

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

LOL, well played sir, man I hate Bob McNair, the guy don't have the balls to do any changes to his team or maybe he doesn't care.

17. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

I'm just saying, you're knocking on Schaub for being inaccurate. VY has a career 58% passer and has thrown as many interceptions as TDs. Seriously take your burnt orange glasses off for this one. Schaub is the least of the Texans' problems at the moment.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Coach Gary Kubiak said the team had a problem with their headsets throughout the game and struggled getting plays to the huddle. “It’s disturbing,” Kubiak said. “When you go on the road you expect it, but it’s our place and it should not happen."

Someone's messing with the coach(es) headset(s) :p

19. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Don't get me wrong, I KNOW there are several problems with this team. Talent is mostly not one of them and regardless of Shaub's mistakes, we still put up points that SHOULD win games. ST and D are having some serious struggles, and I think some of it is personel, but most of it is credited to the guys with the polos. I could go all nite about it, I was just bringing up the point that Flaco had a better passer rating, and that could be attributed to many things.

Somebody on this board brought up the point that it may not all be Kubes either. I wish he would over ride the OC more, not sure if he does, I'm not on the sidelines. Maybe say goodbye to Rick Smith and Frank Bush. Let's start there and see what happens. I know Kubes is responsible for bringing these guys in, and if we get a new HC, fine and dandy, but I don't believe it is all his fault as he says...Now T-mac, yes, it was on him...lol

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This basically sums up my reaction after every gut-wrenching loss.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ee925OTFBCA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ee925OTFBCA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>