1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 7, 2010.

1. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

It's MNF and I still can't get myself a little hype for the game.

2. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

This. Monochrome unis only look good when white.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The NY market is really, really big.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I like the all red kits. My favorite is the all-blue.

5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Go Ketchups!

[​IMG]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzrgyk-FA0Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzrgyk-FA0Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

I like the all red uni's and they do not look like ketchup bottles. Damn you Kornholieser. :rolleyes: Besides, if that's the case the Rockets wear them too. :confused:

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The all Red Texans is ugly. The red Rockets unis are not.

8. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Red is best.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Not a fan of the ketchup bottle unis. Too high school looking. Found this on the Internet today. It gives an insight into the Baltimore fan's POV. Here's the link: http://goo.gl/ydSru

Ravens Plan to Rebound at Texans on MNF
    by Bruce Raffel on Dec 13, 2010 10:25 AM EST

The Baltimore Ravens play on the prime time stage for the second week in a row, this time on Monday Night Football against the Houston Texans. The Ravens historically have not fared well on prime time as evidenced by last week's demoralizing last minute 13-10 loss to AFC North division rival Pittsburgh Steelers in a game that might have decided the AFC North title. However, the Ravens are still firmly in charge of their own playoff fate and a win on national TV will go a long way to proving their worth.

After last week's poor offensive showing, the Ravens have a chance to right the ship against one of the worst statistical defenses in the NFL. Both Head Coach John Harbaugh and especially Offensive Coordinator Cam Cameron were under fire for the questionable playcalling in the Steelers loss. Putting lots of points on the board should give Ravens' faithful confidence that the offensive weapons brought in here in the off season are being put to their best use for a team that has usually earned it's tough reputation on the defensive side of the ball.

The defense is still doing their job and while it may not be up to typical top-rated defenses of season's past, it is still good enough to join in a win if the offense could just put more points on the scoreboard. Houston might be just what the doctor ordered and if the Ravens can get a lead early in the game, they can control the line of scrimmage where the game will be decided. A lead will take the NFL's leading rusher, Arian Foster of Houston, out of the gameplan and force Texans QB Matt Schaub to air it out. While Schaub has perhaps the best target in the NFL in Andre Johnson, if the Ravens can pin their ears back and harass Schaub and double-team Johnson, they can force him into turnovers to put the game out of reach.

Offensively, the Ravens should be able to move the ball on both the ground and through the air. The team needs to know when to use both ways to gobble up yards and control the game clock. Too often the playcalling has been the opposite of what appears to be the right play to call at critical times. In all four of the Ravens losses, they have enjoyed a lead in the fourth quarter, only to see it slip away and lose. That will need to change as the post season is a one-and-done scenario.

Watching the New England Patriots, without a doubt the top team right now in the NFL, dismantle other playoff contenders such as the Pittsburgh Steelers, the New York Jets and the Chicago Bears, and never take their collective feet off of the gas pedal and score as many points as they could, is what Ravens fas want to see from this team starting tonight. Everyone agrees that the pieces are in place for this type of offensive output, now the only thng missing is the playcalling and the execution of those plays.

The pressure to win is on the coaching staff and most directly, QB Joe Flacco, to remain calm and collected, earning that "Joe Cool" label by having the pocket presence to see the defense and make the call or adjust at the line of scrimmage in the face of adversity. Make no bones about it, the Houston Texans have some solid defensive players in DE Mario Williams and LB Brian Cushing, but they are not the Steelers defense in any way, shape or form.

Expect Offensive Coordinator to do his best to put on a show and release the reins on Flacco to go airborne, and to get Ray Rice the ball on the ground and in the flats on swing passes to test the Texans defense. Defensively, look for Terrell Suggs to continue what is looking to be the best season of his career. Don't forget about Ray Lewis in the middle making the calls and plays that continue to amaze others who are still seeing what us Ravens fans have come to expect as a weekly occurrence from #52.

The Ravens should dismantle the Texans and while their offense is too good to shut down, they should be able to outscore them and wear them down in the latter stages of the game to a point that a last minute comeback is out of the question. A win will keep them firmly in the hunt of the playoff race and within striking distance of the AFC North division leading Steelers.

Ravens: 34-17

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I don't know what the hell y'all are smoking.. The all red look amazing. Best uni's in the NFL!!!

11. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

So, I sold my tickets to the game because I have to study for finals, yet I find myself on ClutchFans and not studying. Should of kept the tickets...

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Definitely should have kept the tickets!! Lol. I got finals to study for too, but probably won't if it's even a good game tonight..

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ravens are going to kill you guys.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Don't beleive the hype.

The Texans will be up 24 - 7 by half time.
    Then barely win 31-24

*grin*

Rocket River
    yea yea yea my numbers keep changing

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

just like the colts, chargers, eagles, and jets did?

we'll be in the game. just a matter of closing out games.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fixed

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Good luck Texans, rooting for you.

19. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

isnt this the kinda game we win!? when we already BASICALLY out of the playoffs??

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah...pretty much. Time for the texans to look like superbowl contenders