1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rangers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 27, 2018.

1. fiersdownbelow

What a complete trash performance this weekend with HUGE fan turnout. [​IMG] Need to go on the road again so we can win a game. [​IMG]

Houstunna likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Lineup and bullpen was better last year. Starting pitching better this year. A’s and Mariners better this year.

This, Astros are about where they were last year, while division lead smaller due to improvement from other teams.

Astros handled A’s well this year. We shall see about the Mariners.

I also don’t expect the Astros, or any team, to win their division by 10-12 games every year. That says more about how sucky the division is vs how good you are.

3. AB423

AB423 Member

That Astro's fan at Coors field has shifted the momentum

CK Johnson likes this.
  4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This. So much this!

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Karl Ravech: 1-5 this week. Altuve's on the DL. Correa hasn't played since June 25.

David Ross: That's what happens when your star players are hurt. If I'm the Astros, we're right where we need to be. Correa went down last year & everybody thought they were done & out of the race. You gotta have your star players & weather the storm a little bit.

Tim Kurkjian: The Astros will be really good when October rolls around but I do disagree with you guys that they better get bullpen straightened out. The thought they can go through an entire postseason without a closer...they really went through the last 4 games of the World Series without a closer. If they gotta go 3 rounds without that back end more defined than it is now..I'm relatively certain they're gonna do something.

KR: Where are we going with this bullpen guy given you have Verlander, Cole and I assume Morton is the 3rd starter. He's the X-Factor on that team.

DR: He's pretty darn good. I don't think you'll put Keuchel down there.

KR: Keuchel starts & Morton goes down?

DR: For me, that's what I would do. McCullers has that breaking ball you can bring in for an inning or extended length. I think you go Verlander, Cole, Keuchel, and then Morton maybe. I think they'll get someone back there.

TK: Maybe Kelvin Herrera, maybe Raisel Iglesias, somebody. They have to examine this in the next 48 hours.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. GottaHaveHeart

“Craig Biggio is not walking through that door, fans. Jeff Bagwell is not walking through that door, and Nolan Ryan is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old”

7. raining threes

Hopefully Luhnow adds an impact OF by Tuesday.

Why does Hinch refuse to play Yuli at 3B and Kemp at 2B?

My lineup until Correa/Altuve get back.

Springer CF
    Kemp 2B
    Bregs SS
    Yuli 3B
    Traded for bat LF
    Reddick RF
    Gattis DH
    White 1B
    Maldonado C

8. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Huh? Serious question?

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Yes, another poster answered. I didn't know he has been in and out of the line up for a while. Apparently, he is not very consistent.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

not too worried, we had one of these droughts last year as well

11. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

This is the 3rd season he has played for the Astros, no excuse for not knowing who he is.

raining threes likes this.
  12. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Realistically taking one out of three in Seattle would be a great outcome given how awful the team looks post ASB and being undermanned.

Gotta stop bleeding and getting out of Seattle with a 3 game lead in division and giving Altuve and correa more time to get well puts us in a good spot.

Get swept and this division is obviously up for grabs. Like mccullers says this is a huge huge series.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...-field-at-minute-maid-park-during-astros-game

HOUSTON - Chris White wouldn't describe himself as a serial streaker but he has been known to take off his clothes to show love for his country.

That's exactly what he did at last Friday's Astros game. Those in attendance may have witnessed White jumping from the stands at Minute Maid Park and making his way across the outfield.

"I was just hopeful that I was going to get at least enough of a runway to where I wouldn't get tackled immediately," White said while recalling the night. "Give me a chance to get to the outfield essentially. And sure enough, I did it."

Even though White shared the moment on Facebook Live, his decision was fairly spur of the moment. He said he didn't decide to make the move until the sixth inning -- then waited until the final strike was called.

And there was a purpose.

White -- a Marine Corps veteran -- is the founder of an organization created to "use humor as a platform to display patriotism."

He said he ran onto the field Friday to bring awareness to the deadly serious issue of veteran suicide.

"If I can make you laugh for at least five minutes then you're not thinking about that dark space you could potentially be in," he said. "If I can gear it toward patriotism, to me, I consider that the holy grail."

White's dash in his old glories ended with him face down on the field but if he can continue to get out the message, he feels the short journey was worth the pain.

"There are organizations out there that support the prevention of veteran suicides and if you are a veteran that's struggling, there is hope," White said. "I can assure you that."

A GoFundMe was set up to raise bail money after White jokingly made the suggestion on social media. It generated more than $500, but White donated all the proceeds to a veterans organization.

He provided Channel 2 with a receipt as proof of payment.

14. HouClone

HouClone Member

O offense, offense, wherefore art thou offense?