1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rangers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 12, 2017.

1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

FIFY

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

doesn't he mean vs. TEXAS? :rolleyes:

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I call them the Arlington Rangers, too. And that's when I'm trying to be nice.

lnchan likes this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That man is my spirit animal.

Uprising and adw like this.
  5. HTM

HTM Member

Yes there is. The Angels are team directly behind us in the AL West and it is mid-June. An 11 game lead is nice but it guarantees you nothing. I am most concerned with clinching the AL West and a play-off spot. That is singularly the most important thing. Home field advantage would be nice but it's putting one thing in front of the other.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

We'll have plenty of opportunities to pad our division lead by playing the Angels H2H several more times this season. We only get the Yankees for one more series in a couple of weeks. If the Yankees fatten up on the other AL West teams, they'll be nipping at our heels. It's possible to root for both to lose, but realistically, we're not in any imminent danger of losing the division.

7. jsingles

jsingles Member

I'm not worried about the Indians in regards to them catching us in the standings. They are a .500 ball club who are currently behind the Rays in the overall league standings, looks like they'll win this afternoon to put themselves in a tie with the Angels in the standings. I want the Yanks to lose as they're only 3 behind in the loss column at the moment, if that number reaches 7+ then the worry with them is just about gone. Red Sox, well I'll wait until this weekend's series to see where they are in comparison to us. Their pitching on paper should have been the best in baseball coming into this year, hasn't exactly been the case.

8. conquistador#11

viewing the standings, I realized stros are still in first place. intriguing.

MadMax likes this.
  9. the shark

the shark Member

Yep still time for the A's to catch us as well even though they're 17 gms behind.