1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[official] Rams @ Texans 10/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Yeah, it wasn't Schaub who left the murderer uncovered on the goal line, for example.

For coaching, I think Son of Bum is also getting exposed, showing why his first year with a defense is great, then rapidly declines in subsequent seasons.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, but it was Schaub who couldnt lead the offense to TDs or have any long sustaining drives, which put the defense on the field against a real QB way too much. His turnovers didn't help either.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hits keep on coming

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a> Danieal Manning out 6-8 weeks.</p>&mdash; Jerome Solomon (@JeromeSolomon) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeromeSolomon/statuses/389795195589386240">October 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. BigTex

BigTex Member

Yikes! What's the injury?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

&nbsp;

1 person likes this.
  6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't have any turnovers yesterday. And the texans did have long sustaining drives but unfortunately ended in a FG or a fumble, which has nothing to do with Schaub.

Texans also had longer time of possession so I don't understand your point about the defense.

So basically, what the hell are you talking about? Schaub has been plenty of crappy lately but he wasn't that bad at all yesterday and near the bottom of the list of why the texans lost.

7. basketballholic

You can't directly attribute the fumbles and FGs to Schaub. However when a team becomes demoralized to the degree that this team is demoralized they lose focus and then the performance slips all over the field. (This is what Kubes was talking about at the post game conference yesterday.)

This team does not believe in itself any more. That's in large part due to the fact that Schaub has made a string of mistakes that have been very costly to everyone. Now they're going to stand behind their man. They're not going to verbally come out against him. But just like it's in Schaub's head it's in their heads too. Kubes needs to make a gutsy decision here. Start Keenum, keep it a secret all week. Don't let the Chiefs get wind of it. Act like we're starting Schaub or Yates...and then on game day shake up the whole team by starting Keenum and rallying around him.

8. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I agree with you to a point but, aside from the fumble, most of the long drives were due mainly to Foster playing like a Beast. While Schaub didn't have another catastrophic mistake he wasn't in really making notable plays to help the team score or distributing that well.

That being said, it was more or less the play calling and mistakes brought about by not having the team mentally prepared that ruined the game yesterday, which is something we've seen in big games for more then a year now. Schaub wasn't the sole or primary source of the problem but just because he wasn't blameless.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is a nightmare.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's not so bad. This could potentially be the right year for a tank job. The Broncos are curb-stomping fools left and right, and the Patriots are still proving that they are a force. But, they are at the tail-ends of their careers, and the Texans have a young enough team to compete for years to come. If the Texans can nab themselves a franchise-changing QB, we are equipped with a roster that could be DEADLY if manned by the right leadership (a la Seattle and SF). If the Texans get themselves a dynamic QB along with a coaching staff that's innovative and refreshing, the AFC may run through our division for years to come.

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I think this is 2010, with the roles reversed. First, the obvious: the defense wasn't on the field for 49 of the 177 they've given up this year; 56 if you include the San Diego pick-6+1 (ie they scored 1 play after the interception). And that doesn't include however many short fields the offense has handed them.

And when the offense isn't turning it over, they're missing FGs or punting. As we found out in 2010, your offense is 1,000 times better off starting out after anything other than a KO, especially with today's rules which almost assure you an 80-yard field.

They've trailed in every game (sans Seattle, of all teams), often by a significant amount, meaning teams are more prone to run, minimizing turnover opportunities.

They've been bad in the red zone; can't really explain that - but I think the defense has been mostly competent and wouldn't look nearly as bad if it's offense was more competent.

12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Schaub has made mistakes, no doubt. But so have others. No one talks about Kareem Jacksons personal fouls, Jonathon Josephs tauntings, Ben Tates fumbles, the right side of the offensive line regressing, defense inability to stop td inside the RZ. Your argument makes it seem like you believe in curses and that Schaub is the curse. Thats weak.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So not converting in the redzone isn't the responsibility of the QB now?

The excuses just keep coming.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You don't understand my point because you're about different game than I was. I was talking about the NE playoff game last year. Who did you think I was talking about when I said a real QB? .as for the rest of your post, idc. Schaub is not the main problem, Kubiak is, but Schaub and his limited abilities come second. It has now trickled down to the whole team.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Kubiak's presser is about to start.

16. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kubiak says he will prepare Keenum and Yates to start next Sunday. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hope&amp;src=hash">#Hope</a></p>&mdash; Matt Jackson (@MJ4Sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/MJ4Sports/statuses/389852103789015040">October 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

If I could put my finger on it, I would. (Penalties)

ST, why is it an issue week in, week out?

Inconsistent like a lot of things. It's not one group. It's a team thing. Not one group. They have to play better, just like the offense and defense.

Worried about your job?

I don't worry about myself. I got a lot of players/coaches to worry about. Selfish to worry about myself.

Bob talked to you?

I talk to him quite a bit. No, I won't share my conversations with him with you.

I think I can do more Mark. All I do is I start with myself. I'm not doing a good enough job with them. I'm searching. I have to figure it all out. I appreciate the players responsibility but I always begin with myself.

I've been a part of a couple of teams that have been through this. You keep pushin'. Our team is playing hard but not playing efficient. Our effort, commitment has been good. We have to stay committed to that.

Evaluate Newton?

Played better than the past 2 weeks. Yes, he'll continue to start. 2nd year tackle. He continues to grow up. Inconsistent but I can say that about a lot of things.

18. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Kubes likes to disappoint. He knows the city wants to see what case can do and he'll no doubt start Yates.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Just another day in the land of no accountability. If McNair cared, Kubiak would have been fired this morning.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I lost my connection during the incredibly stupid explanation about what's wrong with Special Teams (blaming it on young players). Did any one bother asking about what's wrong with the defense and why they absolutely cannot stop anyone in the red zone?