1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Raiders @ Texans 11/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

This game was lost when Kubiak decided to punt on 4th and 1 on the 43ish down 4 points in the fourth quarter.

Glad the football gods punished p***y football from a 2-7 coach by allowing Jennings to break for 80 yards on the next play.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

U of h= loFs
    Hahaha

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I believe they were going for it... then got a false start... which led to the punt.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hurts bro. Hurts.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Its a shame that the only unity on this team is the Kubiak/Schaub tandem which divides the rest of the team.

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

that was the 2nd time with schaub

7. Summer Song Giver

Ben Tate hasn't exactly been Mr. Durability except for this year, contract year hmmm.

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Nope - one of keenum's last drives it was 4th and 1 on oak's 46 I think and kubiak punts. Schaub comes in, 4th and 2 on oak's 49 and kubes decides to go for it but we false start.

Try to explain the logic on that one.

9. Poloshirtbandit

wasn't this the one that the Raiders were missing a player on the field?

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

They went for it, but there was a false start.....

11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

uh no like i said and the original poster said. There was 2 occurrence. 4th and 1 at like their 46, and we punt. Touchback, and then they hit it for the 80 yard run td. Then schaub came in, and later on, it was 4th and 2 at their 49. That's when we try to go for it before we got false start.

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

I'm talking about Keenum's last drive. 4th and 1 and they bring the punt team out. Ball goes to endzone...first Raiders play is Jennings td.

Other one you guys are talking about was with Schaub.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Just for the sake of accuracy, according to the play-by-play it was almost the exact same situation. Both were 4th and 2 (though they showed 4th and 1 on the broadcast). Case's was at Oakland's 48. Schaub's was at Oakland's 49. And these happened on back to back drives about 2 minutes apart, Keenum's last and Schaub's first.

FWIW, the 4th down play was a pitch to Tate so it's not like he had Schaub throwing it on 4th down.

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

“These fans here in Houston are so up and down and so wishy-washy,” Tate said. “I’m just shocked at that because this organization has come a long way.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/11/ben-tate-critical-of-texans-fans/

8 games losing streak and he wants the fans be happy about the position that we are in, this guy needs to STFU and stop calling out our fans and acting tough on twitter.

and please no one tell about the broken ribs bull****, we all know he is playing for contract.

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Ribs aren't broken. They're bruised. HUGE difference

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

iirc, I don't think the game was in jeopardy on Keenum's drive, hence being conservative. However, on Schaub's 4th-and-2 situation, the game was on the line.

Pretty sure they're broken? Where are reports that they're bruised? Every medium I've see says broken.

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Ah, I could be (and probably am) wrong. I had heard they were bruised

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I broke 3 ribs in a boating accident and still played that week FOR FREE and was only 16 ..big whoop ..wishy washy WTF they are working on being the worst team in the leauge and this fool is telling us how we should act ????? hahahaha this team made me embarrassed to be a fan and i've been cheering this team on rain or shine since day 1 .. wishy washy FU tate

19. SevenMinuteAbs

I wasn't being entirely serious, although, they are both undrafted players who've been doubted a lot throughout their careers and both (imo) are very exciting to watch.

Also people like to say Mchale has Lin on a short leash; i don't think we'll find a shorter leash than the one Kubs had on Case today.

Yeah seriously. It almost didn't benefit us at all to punt there. And not just in hindsight. We needed ONE yard. ONE. In their territory. Instead we punt the ball for a net of like 20 yds.

That sequence of events was almost like Kubs whole tenure in a nutshell. Not bad, but not great, conservative, and not getting the job done when it counts.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Nope. They happened 2 minutes apart in the 3rd quarter. It happened on Keenum's last drive. We punted. Oakland went 3 and out and punted it back. Then Schaub took over and they went for it on 4th and 2 before the false start.