1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Raiders @ Texans 11/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 14, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

3. dmc89

dmc89 Member

No. It's not hard to say. It's not hard to imagine.

Most Texans fans who've seen AJ since he came here and when he played when Schaub was solid versus when Keenum played this season, all acknowledge that he's been held back. Doing a Google Insight and Twitter historical search shows AJ's name pop up more these last few games. The usual comments are that mediocre QBs stifled what AJ is truly capable of.

The fact that AJ did well in spite of QBs like Carr and Schaub hints at an ultimate level of play which Texans fans never got to see. I'm talking about one or two notches below 'a Jerry Rice type of performance'.

Disclaimer: I'm a huge Andre fan. Not only is he an amazing athlete, but he's also a friendly and humble human being.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Things are imploding over at Reliant. There's a huge sink hole forming under Kubiak's feet. They should move his office over to the Astrodome so that he can take it down with him.

5. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

What a horrible, horrible season..

We have suffered a unbelievable amount of injuries, all the losses of course, the fan outrage, the keenum situation, its all just a mess.

Seeing Schaub get put in the game today was one of the most embarrassing things I have ever had to deal with as a texans fan. Even if we won, benching Keenum does absolutely nothing for this team. This season was already lost, it is a time to find answers, figure out if we have something in Keenum. Instead we take him out, risking his confidence, for Matt Schaub. I don't get it. I really don't. Sometimes the coaches on this team seem just incompetent. I was almost hoping Kubiak was fired right after the game.

Aside from that, The Schaub and Johnson confrontation, whether they see it as a big deal or not, was just the icing on the cake. Johnson leaving the field before the final whistle hurt to watch, he deserves a better opportunity then what we have given him, and then his comment after the game, he is "under contract." That hurt to hear, but there is no doubt he deserves better. The end of the game though, I think it validated that in my mind, that this has been the very worst season in our short history. I am pretty nervous about our future, but we need to figure something out, get healthy, and have a good offseason, because there are already a ton of questions, and there are only gonna be more.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The stadium was sold out and rocking to start the game, so I'm not sure what more Tate wants. If the product isn't good, then consumers will complain. That's the way it works in every business.

As for Kubiak, how can he keep Case on such a short leash after what he did with Bullock? At least be consistent. IMO, he was waiting for the first opportunity to put Schaub in there all along.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

"As a leader of the team, Andre could not do that." - Tony Dungy

8. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

What is Dungy talking about stopping on the route? Or going at it with Schaub in public?

9. hairyme

hairyme Member

He was mostly referring to walking off the field, which I guess includes going at it with Schaub also? He just quickly said that without elaborating.

I like Dungy, but no one who's been paying attention to Andre this past decade can rightfully blame the guy.

10. TheDr34m

well Andre walking off the field just might guarantee Kubiak walking out of the Texans organization for good.

Sooner rather than later!

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

His point would be that they go from rocking to booing because the game is going poorly. This is "wishy washy."

He needs a reality check though. The fans in Houston ARE typically fair weather fans, but we've been through a lot with this Texans organization and there is a ton of frustration building up about the fact that we are basically right back where we were when we hired Kubiak, or fired Capers, or hired Capers or won the expansion team rights.

Back at the bottom of the league, and all we got for a decade of rooting for this team was two 1 win playoff runs that ended in embarrassment.

Then amidst all of that, the fans still show up cheering their voices out, looking forward to the ray of hope that Keenum was providing, and Kubiak does the unthinkable. He brings back in the face of this season's failure, benching Keenum, and turning to Schaub.

So no, this wasn't the fans being wishy washy, this was the fans giving the organization the reaction they've earned every step of the way.

1 person likes this.
  12. Cannonball

It depends on what you mean by "blame". It's not something he should've done. You can understand why he might have felt like walking off the field before the game was over, but he shouldn't have done it. Knowing the kind of man Andre is, he gets a pass. It's not like he was acting like a petulant child storming off and throwing a tantrum. And while it's not that big of an issue, it doesn't mean that what he did was OK either.

13. SevenMinuteAbs

Case = Jeremy Lin

Kubs = McHale

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Raiders won one for moes

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Not=true

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

not even close

17. TheDr34m

The irony last time we played the raiders at home. We had a chance to win in the red zone and Schuab screwed that up as well. Last one was a pick and this one was almost a pick.

18. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

I like JLin's play and him as a person and all, but it's really not the same thing.

19. Cannonball

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VNcOC00EaCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was the play where afterwards people were trying to argue that he should've tried to run it in.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Sucks that Schaub didn't throw a pick-6.