1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL?]Preseason Game 3: Texans @ Rams

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by theimpossibles1, Aug 23, 2018.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well what puzzles me is why he wasn't doing those things in our preseason games. Maybe Bob feels he is ready, and doesn't feel trying to hit targets downfield in preseason is necessary. Maybe Bob is just going to play predictable BS again, who knows. I just didn't like what I saw so far. It was boring predictable Texans offense. Run run, short pass, run run screen pass, punt. Guess I was just hoping to see him do more like Mahomes.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So deshaun played like 6 series the entire preseason without his #1 and #2 WRs and you’re complaining about his completion percentage?? Good lord. So I guess u didn’t see him last week vs San Fran?

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I'm more worried about the chemistry with the entire unit offensively as a whole.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

And then there was yesterday. Sorry, I didn't like what I saw yesterday, for his last preseason game. I wasn't impressed. If you liked it, then good for you.

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao. Maybe u should stick to golf. Judging a guy on 2 series. Yea let’s trade that bum and bring back Savage. Problem solved.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Now who is going overboard. Look, he barely played in the preseason. So, if you are all high on what you saw fine. I never said he was a bum or that I wanted to trade him. Heck, I even bet on him to have the most passing yards and the Texans to win the Super Bowl last week when I was in Vegas. All I said was I thought yesterday's performance was not good at all. You act as though I am saying he can't or will not be great this year. I hope he is.

#166 deb4rockets, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Nimo likes this.
  7. Texanstradamus

Man it was vanilla offense no one gonna remember this in 3 days on to New England now in terms of the starters Deshaun gonna ball when the lights come on the lights arnt on in preseason staying healthy is the real success during preseason.

Fulgore likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Texans starting front 7 was pretty good yesterday. So fundamentally sound. Good to see Watt so active.

— patrick (@PatDStat) August 26, 2018

Texans offensive line was not bad around Watson yesterday. Thought they did well. Biggest issue is that the OTs are going to have to get better vs. speed rushers. Kinda heavy footed.

Last season OB and the offensive staff did a good job of slowing opposing pass rushers with motions and play fakes. Expect the same this year.

No reason to panic on Martinas Rankin, first real game action. Like his tools, his feet are really good for a player his size. #Texans

Rankin and Q were kicking tail in the run game on the left side.

Fullcourt likes this.
  9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Watt/Clowney/Mathieu are killing it on defense and Watson picks up where he left off: the sexiest timeline.

coachbadlee likes this.