1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL POLL] Top 2017 James Harden Game 6 conspiracy theory explanations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 16, 2017.

?

What the hell happened to James Harden in Game 6 against the Spurs?

1. Harden had the flu or some other generic physical ailment

9.4%
  2. Harden had a concussion, as suggested by Bill Simmons and others

17.6%
  3. Harden was simply exhausted, fatigued, tired, overtaxed, etc.--he basically "ran out of gas"

30.8%
  4. He was on his period (ROXTXIA'S term!): meaning? some inexplicable emotional/physical thing

18.2%
  5. He wanted his teammates to step up and to quit relying on him, so he deliberately didn't shoot

10.1%
  6. He got misty-eyed and brain-rattled by memories of Khloe Boo-Tay

5.7%
  7. He just flat-out quit because he wanted to go "get his drank on"

24.5%
  8. He threw the game for money; see also, "Yard, The Longest"

11.3%
  9. Someone slipped something in his drink: Steven A's theory

5.0%
  10. Other (please explain your theory below)

9.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

And most probable of the situation. It's a punch to the gut and makes you wonder why you're still a professional sports fan when the whole thing is somehow 'fixed' anyways.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the gift that keeps on giving

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. RightTooCensor

Someone send this to James

RCPM and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

truly deserves its own thread. I'm subscribing to this guy's vids

Easy likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

hot take update

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you heard it here

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

swyyyguy likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

what goes around comes around

10. cmutt

cmutt Member

Gotta be honest here... I think it is absolutely both incredible and sad that there are so many people who either aren't able to see a reality with their own eyes, or that simply refuse to accept the reality that's presented in front of them... when it comes to this James Harden issue.

I've been a pretty die hard NBA fan for over 30 years, and I've watched a lot of games and a lot of different players throughout these years.

I can honestly say that in ALL of my years of watching NBA players, I've only seen TWO instances of extremely obvious, shady behavior, and quitting in a game by a STAR NBA player.

1. Lebron James, against the Celtics years ago when he blatantly quit playing, especially in the last game of that series. He was walking up the court while his team was bringing the ball up court, then standing back 5-10 feet behind the 3-point line, doing nothing for whole possessions while his team was trying to play. He was letting the game be played without him, basically checking out and quitting. And that's just the most obvious example.

And after the fact, we found out that it was most likely due to the issue of Delonte West, dating and sleeping with his mother. And although that was perhaps a valid reason for team dissent and unraveling... it's still very unprofessional and disgusting behavior for a true NBA Star player.

2. James Harden's recent game 6. Harden quit... plain and simple. He refused to play his normal game, he purposely checked out mentally, and he left the team waiting and watching for him to wake up, and start playing right. From the tip off he played like he was trying to alter the game, either by his indecision, his lack of aggressiveness, his unwillingness to shoot the ball, his lazy and effortless play, and his entire body language.

Whatever the reason was, or reasons were... they don't really matter. The only fact that matters is that he did it, and he did it on purpose. He basically threw an NBA playoff game... by not playing his normal game, and throwing his whole team out of whack. It was obvious if you watched the other players and D' Antoni's reactions, and even more telling... their LACK of reactions. Instead of other players and coaches getting upset and trying to motivate each other, everyone just avoided the issue and looked like they were trying to hide from it.

Do I have any proof of it?

No, but I have my eyes and my brain. And I have over 30 years of experience watching this game. And I KNOW that Harden quit.

I don't know why he did it, but I know that's not the behavior of an NBA Star player, and I know it hurts the Rockets team, and it hurts the NBA as a whole.

The only reasonable and acceptable excuse would be if he or someone in his family was being threatened. But that's a whole other matter.