1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL POLL] Top 2017 James Harden Game 6 conspiracy theory explanations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 16, 2017.

?

What the hell happened to James Harden in Game 6 against the Spurs?

1. Harden had the flu or some other generic physical ailment

9.4%
  2. Harden had a concussion, as suggested by Bill Simmons and others

17.6%
  3. Harden was simply exhausted, fatigued, tired, overtaxed, etc.--he basically "ran out of gas"

30.8%
  4. He was on his period (ROXTXIA'S term!): meaning? some inexplicable emotional/physical thing

18.2%
  5. He wanted his teammates to step up and to quit relying on him, so he deliberately didn't shoot

10.1%
  6. He got misty-eyed and brain-rattled by memories of Khloe Boo-Tay

5.7%
  7. He just flat-out quit because he wanted to go "get his drank on"

24.5%
  8. He threw the game for money; see also, "Yard, The Longest"

11.3%
  9. Someone slipped something in his drink: Steven A's theory

5.0%
  10. Other (please explain your theory below)

9.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol if some of you guys are right in assuming some things here, we better trade him today.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  2. Asian Sensation

Sounds about right. So he ****ed up and added more fuel to the fire. Seems like a Jim Harden thing to do.

ilovehtownbb, isaacjunk and kjayp like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Forgot that Captain Jackass's video was buried in another thread. The Captain offers his own theories (paraphrased: Harden choked), "Scared . . . timid . . . STUPID." But he also includes elements of "He just flat-out quit because he wanted to go 'get his drank on'," mentions the presence of a Kardashian in the crowd, and speculates Harden was drunk toward the end.

Anyway. language probably NSFW

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think he choked, pressure got to him. He looked scared out there.

Easy likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The faq......Seats are totally empty.

Comparing him to Wubio lmao.

6. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Lil b based curse

7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Oh god, if this Game 6 debacle gets people to side with Captain Jackass...

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Malone Jr told Harden you better win and cover the spread.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Codiene/ purple drank would explain the sluggishness and weight gain if we are speculating on substances

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

not to put words in his mouth, but it looks like @Elephant810 buys the "fatigue" argument

11. Fantasma Negro

I think he re-injured his wrist in game five and he was still suffering from the flu so he too pain meds and flu medicine before tip off and it ****ed him up. I've done that before and if you mix a little somethin somethin in it you can lucid dream. He's going to be fine next year, just needs better teammates

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Chose other:

Reason
    [​IMG]

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. MystikArkitect

Harden has a tendency to no show. So does everyone. It becomes a problem when you are the sole reason for your teams success.

His defense got worse as the playoffs went on. He really doesn't try on that end and I'm thinking his excuse is "well if I'm in foul trouble we're screwed so not gonna try". Need another scorer (throw the GD max at Hayward) and an older defensive Big that can keep him in check. Also Les needs to side with his coach here. Dude needs to get it together and listen because seems like he just wants to do what he's comfortable doing and if he's asked to do anything else (Mchale wanting him to run more) then he shuts down and checks out.

I don't know why and can't guess why he played that way. I honestly guessed it was a money thing. He either got threatened, bet himself, or was concussed. Or he was pouting. No way dude plays like that just because.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think his confidence was broken.

I have seen him make bad decisions, I have seen him struggle physically.

Game 6 was the worst I've ever seen him play. Its like he forgot to play basketball.

I think that SA and POP did such a good job of mixing up their defense that harden made errors on whether to shoot or pass. I think that combined with the game 5 loss, the knowledge that POP can outsmart anything James does and that he basically had to play perfect weighed on him to such an extent he eventually gave up.

HE was playing hard at the beginning ..... its true , yes he turned the ball over with dumb decisions, but he was giving great effort on his post D.

SA got out to a lead , they just played really well , we couldn't go on a run, he was making the wrong plays ... it all added up .. and we had just had our hearts broken last game and he knew the G5 loss was his fault.

I don't think his actions were absurd, I hoped he could respond better and pick himself up... frankly I expected it. But, to reach his mental state ( which I am guessing at) isn't unreasonable. A lot of us would fall to a similar state.

Either that or he was concussed/drugged. His mental state and decision making abilities were the worst I've ever seen them and just looked slow. Its hard to gather he didn't care when there was direct evidence of him playing hard defense early in the game.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

I pretty much agree with you said, except he is the system. He shouldn't be trusting the system. Everyone else needs to give him more help.

Deuce likes this.
  17. conquistador#11

what if the fanboy cartels kidnapped his favorite stripper and held her for ransom unless he did not take a shot?
    makes sense and answers why he also celebrated afterwards.

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

well since we got the tin foil hat on check this out...

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

grab more tin foil on this one too....

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

wow, dat guy spk da troof. Only thing he didn't pick up on was Pop doing morse code with his eyelids . . . it was clear as day, "Kill me now. Kill me now."

Easy and malakas like this.