1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2013.

1. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Biggest game in Franchise history....D MUST STEP IT UP and OFFENSE MUST SHOW UP....Texans 35 - Patsucks 32

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Texans win in a shoot out, 80-69!

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:eek:

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

If the OL plays like last game....we will be like the Spartans, believing for just a moment that we have a chance. . .and if we believe that then we know we can be there at the end.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's a lot of field goals.

6. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I cannot envision a scenario outside of catastrophic injurieS to key playerS where the Texans win this one.

At least we're a "mediocre" one-and-done playoff team instead of a Mediocre 8-8 team every year. I guess...

As a Professional Pessimist, all I can think is that the Texans are in the process of ceding the division to Andrew Luck. The future does not look bright.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

How old are Freeney and Mathis again?

The Texans are the youngest team in the league. We'll need to find another #1 at some point but our window isn't exactly closed.

8. 45souf

45souf Member

34-31, Goodguys... Joseph makes the difference

9. sammy

He did get beat by Green twice. Dalton couldn't connect with him on the pass into the end zone.

We can't give up easy touchdowns like last time. Either way, we need to put up 30 plus.

A good offense will be our best defense.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What is the kryptonite to Wade Phillips defense? An elite QB with quick-strike offense.

Our offense doesn't work unless we have a lead to sit on. I don't see that happening.

I have a real bad feeling about this game...

I can't get over the fact that we SHOULD be playing the Ravens at home this week instead of the Pats away. This is the week we are really going to pay for blowing those last 2 games of the season.....

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Green is a top 3 receiver, and probably the hardest deep cover in the league (save for maybe Mike Wallace or Torrey Smith). To only get beat twice in a game by him is a pretty nice performance.

12. sammy

Most definitely. It looked like the old Joseph out there.

Hopefully, he won't let Branch get past him for another big one.

13. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Sunday's weather forecast at Foxboro looks encouraging. Cloudy with a high temp near 50. Rain chance at only 20%. Winds light from the SSW.

14. tested911

tested911 Member

LOL damnit ... Note to self due not drink any liquids when going onto clutchfans..

Come on now, you know 80 points isn't divisible by 3. So maybe something like 2 Touchdows w/ extra point.. And "22" field goal kicks.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

I actually think rainy weather helps out the Texans. They have a better running game and defense. It's harder to throw and catch with a wet ball.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

4th and short early on the Pats side of the field. Texans go for it. Get it = momentum and a win

Please have some tricks up your sleeve for this game. Give me more than fake-screen-one-way-then-screen-other-way. Whatever it is..something I haven't seen all season. Now is the time.

17. sammy

Not me. Schaub couldn't throw worth squat in Chicago.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'll put it like this: if we win this game, we're going to the Super Bowl.

1 person likes this.
  19. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i've got $100 on the texans. i am encouraged by the fact that kubes showed a little willingness to do something that was working-> RUNNING TO THE LEFT. if not for our inability to cash in w/TDs in the red zone, we would have crushed them. i think we need to play ugly, football is a brutal game. forget running BS plays in order to set up play action, we need to attack their weak points on every play. that's what the pats will do and wade better be ready. whatever it takes we have to hit brady and hit him hard. nobody likes to get hit but brady's accuracy and decision-making go down dramatically when he's feeling the heat.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Is it really, though? The kryptonite, at least this year, has been big plays down the field with speedy slot receivers. The two long Blackmon plays against Jacksonville. The T.Y. Hilton touchdowns in both Indy games. The Stallworth seam route in New England (remember, he's no longer there).

For the most part, the Texans have held up against intermediate passing games, which is what the Patriots specialize at. And from an individual standpoint, they're much better suited to defend tight ends with Reed and Ruud (starters this week) than Mercilus and Sharpton/James (starters on Dec. 10).

The other thing -- the Texans actually gave a pretty decent defensive effort in New England, all things considered. The first two drives were disasters, no doubt about it. The third drive, though? That's a punt if not for one of the worst penalties in the history of the NFL (Manning DPI on a ball thrown 10 yards past Welker). The next four Patriot drives were all punts, including three 3-and-outs. The Texans definitely had them out of rhythm. Eventually, the Pats added on because the defense couldn't get any rest and essentially became demoralized when the offense did nothing over and over again. But overall, I wasn't too discouraged by the defense. Keep in mind they also forced two fumbles and had the bad luck of New England managing to recover both, each inside the 5-yard line.

New England will score points, but I think this defense is good enough to hold them in the 20s and give the Texans a real shot to win this game. My biggest worries are whether the offensive line can hold up against Wilfork and if Schaub can make the tough throws to put up touchdowns in the red zone.

1 person likes this.