1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Something to look forward to next season.....

2019 Texans scheduled opponents

Colts
    Colts
    Titans
    Titans
    Jags
    Jags
    Broncos
    Chiefs
    Raiders
    Chargers
    Falcons
    Panthers
    Saints
    Bucs
    Ravens
    Patriots

6-10 looks about right......

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

100% accurate - most sacked QB in the Red zone, when most QBs throw it away - he has a LOT of work to do to make himself a TOP quality QB.

DD

whag00 likes this.
  3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I’m just amazed at two things regarding the Texans:

1. The incredible amount of consistency it takes to be as routinely ill-prepared and embarrassed in big games and
    2. The amount of excuses and patience their fans have for such an amazingly poor and unprofessional product.

I’m sure I sound like a broken record but what on god’s green earth has this organization ever done to warrant even the slightest bit of confidence that it actuslly cares or even knows how to produce a consistently decent product? Like how many utter embarrassments does it take for y’all to realize this franchise is a laughing stock?

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I really miss Gary Kubiaks offense.

It was just so easy to get up and down the field.

The Texans offense looks like it’s drunk.

Bill unfortunately was a complete downgrade.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's showed that he's willing to put in the work so I hope he does. I'm hoping we see a lot of improvement the next time he laces up his cleats.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It does, so long as they fire him and get a real coach.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

B4o i said the same through the game. That wasnt them. I told my bro before the game we had to control the game. But instead he tries this big play **** which they arent. Bill will always to the opposite of what he should do

8. conquistador#11

2 things that would give us some instant relief, If Castor made the official OffSeason thread by midnight. 2.) We find out we're interviewing OCs.
    I'll take whichever. Will avoid local talking heads on the radio though.

9. conquistador#11

10. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

That game killed all of the hope I had in the Texans for now.

Rodman23 likes this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Here is my "day after" analysis; one Chronicle writer called it a "clown show." That truly captures yesterday's performance. The Texans were inept in every phase of the game. Colt receivers were wide open, their running backs danced through huge holes, Luck had all day to pass. On the offensive side, the Texans couldn't run, pass, or catch. All our players were covered like a blanket. Watson was running for his life, his passes were short or otherwise inaccurate, and the play calling was abysmal. It was the KC playoff game all over again. I don't think you can wink, wink, move on to next season. This was a turkey among many playoff turkeys. Enough. Fix this mess. So far, no other playoff team looks so incompetent.

SuraGotMadHops, HillBoy and eric.81 like this.
  12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Reflecting a little further on the game, I can’t get over some of the atrocious play calling particularly in key 3rd and 4th down plays. There was 1 4th down play in the red zone that was just...dumb. And all of that is on BOB.

As crappy as the D was to start, and I do think that ended up killing our O and forced us out of any level of comfort, they picked unit up and had us in a position to be competitive if the offensive play calling wasn’t so atrocious. Really just boils down to OL & BOB, and 1 of those can be addressed today.

13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Would probably get swept in a 7 game series...

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. Mattician

Mattician Member

This team needs a new coaching staff.

If nothing changes it’s going to be the same thing every year. Good enough to make the playoffs, but look like a joke against better competition.

Who wants to keep watching this happen?Nothing to be excited about.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I wouldn't mind Kubiak coaching Watson.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You DO realize that you're expecting Cal to step up and actually DO what the previous two owners of professional football teams in Houston not only failed to DO but did not have the slightest ****ing clue as to how/what to DO to fix the mess they created? In what universe is this even a remote possibility?

solid likes this.
  17. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

It’s amazing how some people want Kubiak back after we all basically couldn’t wait until he was gone.

Im not gonna lie, I wish he was coaching the team also. He made Matt Shaub a respectable QB. The guy knew offense. He was just unlucky because he did not have a good QB and most of his years here the defense was bad

18. SuraGotMadHops

We looked like we didn't belong in the playoffs at all, and that's the most embarrassing thing.

19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Baltimore doing their part today to take the ribbon for worst playoff performance.

houston19519 likes this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Damn that guy must be a complete idiot