1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Biggest disappointment today was Watson. We already knew O'Brien sucked and our DBs struggle.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The team isn't good, it's been obvious all year. A few great players, terrible line, terrible secondary, and poorly coached.

I've been more bothered by regular season Astro and Rockets losses than I am by this one.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

BTW, the 2010 Chiefs had Charlie Weis as their OC, he was fired the off-season after that 7 point playoff outing and the head coach Todd Haley was fired during the middle of the next season.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I give him a pass. I mean, he's been pretty bad about certain things all season long and so we couldn't expect him to get better overnight. He's young and he'll learn how to read defenses and how to get the ball out of his hands quicker as time goes on.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I was still holding hope he'd go all-world. Even with the runs. Was hoping he'd drop a long TD like vs Bengals last season.

F***

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. Nero

Nero Member

I hope the owner of the team realizes something:

The fans don't like feeling embarrassed to say they are fans of your team. They want to be PROUD of their team.
    But that effort today was just plain embarrassing. And it adds onto a pile of embarrassment since the franchise came into existence.

GET A DECENT COACHING STAFF.

DRAFT AN OFFENSIVE LINE.

STOP PRETENDING YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THOSE TWO THINGS!

SWTsig likes this.
  7. Texanstradamus

Lol it’s amazing O’Brien is in the catagory twice and still will have a job

lw17 likes this.
  8. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Lets take a poll - what's the chance Bill gets fired?

9. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Of course injuries happen, but when they happen repeatedly to the same player you have to start thinking about longevity and dependability.

10. Major

Major Member

They got a coach who knew how to adapt and get the most out of his players.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/...uck-indianapolis-colts-new-system-frank-reich

Prior to this season, we’d only seen Colts offenses that put Luck in harm’s way. Combine that with a quarterback who doesn’t exactly shy away from punishment, and it’s not all that surprising that the team’s franchise player sat out an entire season and went to Europe for experimental medical procedures(and knowing Luck, probably to check out some of the local architecture).

The arrival of first-year head coach Frank Reich has changed all that. Reich’s play-calling is designed to ease the physical toll Luck takes over the course of the season, and potentially beyond. The Colts’ aim is to get the ball out of Luck’s hand as quickly as possible, and so far it’s worked wonders.

In 2016, after Hamilton had been replaced as the team’s offensive coordinator by Rob Chudzinski, Luck’s average completion traveled 7.7 yards in the air, tied for the fifth-highest mark in football. His release time was 2.88 seconds, which was tied for the 35th-fastest time among 39 qualified quarterbacks. The Colts were built to throw deep, but they were also built to get their star QB sacked 41 times that season.

Compare that to the results from this season, and Luck looks like a much different quarterback. Under the old regime, Luck was often criticized for holding onto the ball too long. There was concern that patting the ball and looking for the big play were in his DNA as a passer, and that, while Indy’s offensive line lacked talent, Luck’s mind-set compounded the problem. This year, Luck’s average time to throw is 2.61 seconds. That ranks tied for fifth in the league, which is in the vicinity of quick-release artists like Tom Brady (2.61) and Drew Brees (2.57). It’s clear now that Luck was always capable of adapting his style — he just needed to be in a system that prioritized getting the ball out quickly.

11. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

The worst part is that this team sucks but our record was good. Either straight suck or be good, don't be fools gold.

12. Texanstradamus

I agree with this cause that means O’Brien can get fired sooner if they don’t bring in a OC at the very least ....

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Still dont get why the only two teams that have done anything in this city doesnt get more love than Houston football teams. Even the dynamo and former WNBA Comets team have accomplished more. I made more money gambling for an hour....than the folks who paid crazy amounts of money for field level playoff seating...only to have a bad buzz and a fcking headache.

The Texans won games this season because of Watson's individual brilliance...imagine how good this team can really be with a real fcking head coach. They were huddling while being down 3 scores...and the only Touchdown that they scored couldve easily be called fumbling into the endzone and a touchback. When the Colts went for 3 and short...and seemed like the refs gave a favorable spot for Indy...Bill OBrien USED a fcking timeout instead of challenging the spot with about 3 minutes left in the game.

If I was a paying customer for the playoffs...I would demand that this abomination of a team give me my money back...

Also one more thing...you let TY Hilton punk you...

everyday eddie, SWTsig and lw17 like this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Football is king in the entire state

15. Buck Turgidson

No. This is ludicrous.

16. Buck Turgidson

He hit Wright square in the ****ing chest on a 40? yard bomb. The first one he threw to Nuk, PI or not, hit both of his hands. It was all downhill from there.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

You need to be accurate to throw a quick ball.

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

You need to be accurate to throw a quick ball.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Can we talk about how this is the worst written article of all time?

It's like he jotted down notes during the game then threw them in at random points in the article. The sentences and flow are so disjointed that it is jarring to try to read. I mean what in the ****. I follow this guy on twitter and have nothing against him, but this is awful writing from a guy who writes for a living.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...n&utm_medium=social&__twitter_impression=true

20. Texanstradamus

I agree with this cause that means O’Brien can get fired sooner if they don’t bring in a OC at the very least ....

Vincent smith*

Buck Turgidson likes this.