1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs Bengals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 31, 2012.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

There are a lot of unfounded opinions here.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would really like to see the 1st play from scrimmage be a play action BOMB

Set the mood that . . hey we going for the bomb . .and we going often

Rocket River

3. Relentless

Relentless Member

Remember when Jacoby scored that 80 yard TD in Tampa on the first play of the game?

Yeah, me too.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

We've still seen that quite a bit this year... albeit not on the first play, but definitely within the first drive. (had one in Denver, had one against Jax, and had one against Indy... I believe all to AJ80).

This also clearly depends on how the defense is playing. If they're stacking the box, then you know you'll have one-on-one coverage deep somewhere. If they're not, then there's really no sense risking a low-percentage throw into double coverage just to "set the mood."

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Good luck getting tickets yall, 17 minutes away.

6. blackistan

blackistan Member

do you have the link

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ticketmaster site is so slow right now. doubt i got one

8. MystikArkitect

What the hell was that? Site went up at 10:05 and says Ticket Request Unavailable. Guess they all sold out right away?

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

None left. I'm pissed. And I put in best available at 10:01

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Tickets "opened up" at 10:02 for me. I remember last year tickets already being sold out by that time.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Only 1500 went on sale. They've got some on stubhub for under $100.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

sold out...was on ticket master at 10:00 :(, but you have to be fast...vultures are out there...mopping up all the tickets

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

if you tried getting seats together...you were out of luck after 10:10...I think they are officially sold out...

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I was able to get 3 tickets, but none are together. 2 club level, 1 field level.

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

As much as I want to be optimistic about this game, reading the quotes from Tuesday practice makes me unsure.

Especially Schaub's quotes. I don't understand why that dude is complacent. He needs to understand that he's been sucking it up, but he just approaches this game like any other. Truth is, if we want a Super Bowl winning team, we deserve a quarterback who has the passion to go forward.

For that I say we lose

31-21

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Being realistic doesn't equal bandwagon fan.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Moreover, beating the Bengals doesn't mean folks will think all is well and "hop back on", so to speak. I'm as down on the Texans as anyone, and I think there's a decent chance they win Saturday. However, I'm still going to be pissed as ever, because this team's self-inflicted collapse means we'll be travelling to New England as opposed to hosting Indianapolis or Baltimore.

1 person likes this.
  18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Oh I know, and I'm just as pessimistic as everyone else. I'm just trying to convince myself.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Texans 28
    Bengals 16

Dalton can't do anything at the mercy of JJ Watt's hands. Arian Foster returns to the promised land. Schaub redeems himself, but all of CF.net fandom still can't call him Elite, no matter what he does. :rolleyes:

¡¡¡VAMOS, TEXANS!!!!!
    Being a REAL fan means saying "F*** you" to Albert Haynesworth and also Katy boy Dalton. ;) Can you do it, man? CAN YOU?

#119 SwoLy-D, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The way they are playing, I'd rather them get beat on the road... as opposed to suffering a humiliating loss at home to the Colts or Ravens.

In the end, the season played itself out to reveal the best teams. The Broncos certainly haven't beaten anybody great, but they are playing more consistently on both sides of the ball than the Texans are. The Pats are the best team in the AFC... but they certainly aren't invincible in the playoffs.