1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs Bengals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 31, 2012.

1. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Since their bye weeks (both Week 8), these teams seem to have the exact opposite momentum. That Cowboys loss was just ridiculous.

I wonder which version of heartbreak this will be?

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Already sold my playoff ticket, but I'm not sure if I'll even bother to watch it on tv or not. I probably will but plan on changing the channel if the Bengals get a nice lead.

27-16 Bengals

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Anyone know when playoff tickets go on sale?

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

momentum is a myth. it's about who comes out playing better THAT day. although the Texans have failed in that department this past month, it doesn't mean they won't be the better team come Saturday or the week after that. I expect them to beat the Bengals then I'm going to root my ass off for them against NE. Regular season means nothing now.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Over by halftime. 27-10 Bengals.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. val_modus

val_modus Member

I've noticed that ever since this team has taken on the personality of their head coach (no passion, emotion, or fire that motivates and warrants leadership or inspiration), they just cannot match other teams' hearts in games like we will see here. I'm talking about revenge, motivational, or emotional games like that of the Raiders when Al Davis passed away, or the Colts last Sunday when their HC came back... I see the same scenario with Cinci coming in for revenge.. theres just something... not there from our Texans in these games. My mom, an avid Cowboys fan, said simply, "They just don't look like they care, playing for the conference against a team that is set in playoff position and is playing just to keep their playground bully label against the joke of a franchise you've built over this decade..." I gotta say fellas, shes right.

8. conquistador#11

texans 2 Bengals 140 The red rifle sets record for most tds thrown in a game, seventeen. =/

for most of December, schaub has looked more like sanchez, foster like an 33 year old emmit smith and our offensive line a lot like chicago's. But t's January now. =)

Usually, those teams that generate "momentum" are teams that already have the talent in place but for some reason got complacent along the way. The texans just didn't forget how to run their offense over night. they'll be back.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Texans placing LB Darryl Sharpton on IR (hip) and re-signing LB Mister Alexander.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/286166997325213696" data-datetime="2013-01-01T17:48:23+00:00">January 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't understand this sentiment. It's the playoffs for chrissakes. If you can't watch the playoffs, why watch football at all? Yeah, it will hurt if they lose but what effect does it really have on you? What if they win? Will you still have had enough?

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

S***.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

24-13 Bengals.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

27-13 Texans. The path of revenge to the Super Bowls starts Saturday with a rematch against Cincy. Then proceed to defeat the Pats on the road 31-28. In a surprise turn of events, Baltimore went on to beat Denver and have set up a rematch of last years divisional game. This time for the conference title. After beating Baltimore 21-10 we finally make it to NOLA to take on Green Bay where we become Super Bowl champs after beating GB 34-27. :cool:

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'm pretty disgusted by this team right now. I'm not optimistic at all about Saturday. But I'm hopeful. I've watched every game this year and witnessed the collapse at the end. If they come out and suck one more time, it won't kill me. I won't regret it. If they win, I'll be ecstatic and be really glad I watched.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Imagine if/when they lose. The buzz around this team in the offseason is going to be so low compared to last year. Whenever someone brings up the Texans..it will be "oooh..those chokers??"

*sigh*

16. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

The city will explode.
    It's time to put up and shut up. Just win baby. 27-17

Sad thing is, if they win we know what's happening the following week.

Sigh.....
    PS: I'll be taken $500 bets vs the Patriots. I'm sure the 'real' fans will be eager to place bets.

#56 ubigred, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn. The wheels are falling off. The LB crew is just comically bad now

18. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Schaub will choke this game away, he'll have that dog just died look on his face all day.Time to start looking at the draft. SEC lineman in the first round, SEC safety in the second and Landry Jones in the third LoL

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Wtf is wrong with some of you people..this is still our team, win or loss. No matter how pathetic they are.

20. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

This is the THIRD playoff game the Texans have every played in.... and people aren't going to watch? Pretty sad.