1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Pete Buttigieg running for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 31, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who the hell did Pete piss off?

Now that's a hit piece.:D

I have no idea why Pete is lying MF.

And is he actually trying to argue that the neighborhood dope boys are the same as what Pete was talking about?

Can somebody please explain how Pete is ignoring or "lying" about racism because he talked about a lack of role models?

I am black a school teacher and was previously a probation officer, yes there are a lack of role models who espouse a need for education and I have personally seen kids who say the exact things he said about why they need an education.

Luckily that number is decreasing rapidly.

I can understand why some would not like Pete, he comes off as a little to polished and a little phony but I don't understand this level of hate between the not gay enough and this article I have to wonder if this is just clickbait to target a certain crowd.

pgabriel likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If anybody cares this is what wrote after speaking with Pete.

https://www.theroot.com/pete-buttigieg-called-me-heres-what-happened-1840055464

I enjoyed this the most.

But do you disagree with the point I was making?” Mayor Buttigieg asked, listing a few programs designed to alleviate this specific problem. “Sometimes children don’t get to see the possibilities. Do you think the lack of positive examples of educational success can lead to mistrust and a lack of confidence in the system?”

“No...well, yes,” I answered. “But the lack of confidence doesn’t have anything to do with role models or support from parents, it’s because the **** is true!”

It's why I like Pete he seems to be intellectually curious and is not afraid to have the conversation or admit he doesn't know the answer.

If anything this whole thing makes me like him more.

3. Buck Turgidson

Just a cursory glance at Emma Vigeland's twitter gives you an idea of why she added the weird line "You just love to see it" at the end of that tweet.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Man, I can get behind this conspiracy: Pete's leading in Iowa, The Root writes a hit piece, MSNBC does a feature story on this article during MTP a few hours after it's published and now we have major negative trending # on Twitter.

Way too obvious.

astros123 likes this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MSNBC has been Pete's biggest backer. They had whole stories about him being Obama-like.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Who do the majority of POC want? Biden only?
    I remember last time Sanders got no love from POC compared to Hillary.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Older black people want Biden because of Obama. Black people wanted Hilary because of Bill Clinton.

Younger POC's overwhelmingly want Bernie. Media doesn't report on how Bernie has the most diverse base in the field. They also don't respect the young POC's because they don't think they will come out to vote. If the media would give the same glowing support and passes for Bernie like they do Pete, Bernie would probably be a lot higher in the polls.

FrontRunner likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That second article, he says, "And, as I told the mayor, the article wasn’t meant to inspire outrage."

Is his understanding of lying MF'er different than mine?

But the backpeddle-not-backpeddle makes it seem like he had a fruitful chat with M. Pete.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Pete is a GREAT talker; He will talk around things and make you feel like he answered your question. He has done weird things that he gets passes for that no one else would. Combine that with no real reporting from mainstream outlets on what he has done in South Bend, is frustrating.

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I think he would be in control at the tip...

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, that concern in the first article is still a huge problem.

If all I had for perspective on black education and upbringing was to reference John Singleton inspired movies in the 90s, I'd probably say the same things around that white roundtable.

It is lazy.

Even if Pete knew more, he knows just enough not to say more, less he be rounded up with the other "anger fueled" lefter leaning candidates.

As an aside, the discussion about anger fueled candidates like Warren and Sanders weeks ago made me deeply understand why Obama never showed anger while campaigning. Even if he were to distance himself away from the Angry Black Man trope, his ideas fueled with anger/passion would unnerve Middling voters the way they seem to be unnerved with those two right now.

DreamShook and jiggyfly like this.
  13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Sadly he is very Obama like. Does not reflect well on either of them. They do speak beautifully.

DreamShook likes this.
  14. glynch

15. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Garbage tweet. Donald Trump is the worst candidate running.

Rashmon and nacho bidness like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Being compared to Obama won't reflect well on Pete for the people paying attention. Everyone else is eating that sh-t up.. Damn, Obama has disappointed me so much... My soul has lost it's light.

Os Trigonum and glynch like this.
  17. glynch

Yeah, but the billionaire owners would get mad and then the multi-millionaire news hosts would lose their jobs

DreamShook likes this.
  18. glynch

Ok, correct, but such a very low bar.

19. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

It's sad that some people are going to watch that and write Buttigieg off because of it. It may be entirely true, but it feels like swiftboating.

20. astros123

astros123 Member

This is why as a moderate im so fkin sick of the democratic establishment. They stole the last primary from Bernie and now there pushing their agenda. Always the same hit pieces + MSNBC retweets. Same thing happened with Bernie and his "racism." For the past 4 years instead of grooming a ideal canidate they havnt done **** instead complain about Trump. They are left with a bunch of unelectable candidates and are still dragging Biden.

Majority of Americans know Trump is a complete scumbag and a POS. On election day when they're alone on election day they'll relect him if the economy holds up.

The one good thing that will come out of this is when the recession/depression hits hard in 2021 Republicans will be blamed forever. This country will be fully tilted to the left by 2022 with Dems controlling both chambers in Congress.

ryan_98 likes this.