1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL: PBJ (Peanut Butter and Jelly) thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jenopogi, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Hi all, this thread is dedicated to Patrick Beverley and Lin who are meshing well together in court. This thread should not include comments and post that will clash PBJ concept.

Personally, both have been enjoyable to watch together.

Bring it on!

2. LoLin

LoLin Member

I like PBJ in the first half. They mesh really well.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You made yourself official

4. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

Bev and Lin should start and play as many minutes as possible together. Best guard defense combo we have and they can spark the offense and momentum.

If Harden has to rest a few more minutes and play only 30-35 min. a game I'm cool with that.

5. Jenopogi

Yes, so we can lump all PB and J comments/reactions/news in one thread. Much easier to follow.... :grin:

6. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

your cleverness is amazing. i wish i thought of that acronym

7. dianelo

dianelo Member

Beverly or Lin starting is not the issue. I like them playing together with Beverly on defense and Lin initiating the offence. Harden should play fewer minutes for his own good. His offense has been hard to watch these few games. I hope it's just his injury.

8. AFS

AFS Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/35WMHDe2qRQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Bev, Lin, harden, parson and Howard should be the starting lineup. That's our best starting lineup. We don't need a backup pg once lin or Bev sits cause harden can pretend to be pg then.

10. RRockets

RRockets Member

Good, more of PBJ.

Coach, what do you think?
    McHale: nah, I want more TT

11. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

I like them together on court too, everything seems to flow nicely

12. just a word

just a word Member

I approve of this thread and the thought behind it.

I also love seeing Bev and Lin on the floor because the game feels loose and there's lots of ball movement and hustle.

13. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I think even McHale agrees secretly b/c he goes with all 3 guys when the game is on the line. But why he doesn't start them is crazy.

With Lin and Bev starting, Harden is forced to play SF and doesn't have to be the guy with the ball in his hand on every play.

14. Turboner

Turboner Member

Everybody uses the acronym in the game threads.

PB Jlin Time!!

15. coffeelover665

I want me some PB & J

16. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I love seeing the two of them together and they do work really well together!!!

:)

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Matters not who starts (to me), but I definitely like these 2 best when they're playing together. :)

18. Jenopogi

It's not me. I read it here in clutchfans. I liked it, probably, why u liked it too. Catchy. These 2 guys are professionals. I bet they'll help each other out. They always play to win. That's what we need.

Slowly into the season, we start to see what works. A few more games, good or bad, we will figure it out. Like I see more Dwight picks this game... And he starts to dominate. With harden back to form we should be great.

This game against clips, i am thinking, we are just 2 3s from harden away. If somehow we can get him open, we will be back in game.

Go rockets'

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

We should rest Harden for Mondays game because after that we have a tough back to back roadtrip on the east coast. Rest him and give him 4 or 5 days to heal. The guy is not even 50% healthy out there.He cant even jogg.

20. Jenopogi

Read this somewhere, not CF. Nice comment for PBJ, thought I'd share.

RE: The "only thing that seems to be working well is Lin and Beverly on the floor together."

That's the one thing about the team setup that's made me smile. Lin and Beverly bring different strengths, and when the going gets tough, McHale puts them both on the floor and makes for some nice chemistry.

PS: i removed the next negative sentences aimed at you know who. Not helpful to post ;)