1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Orioles @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 24, 2016.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

pitching making some big noise finally =)

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

off topic from the game, didn't want to start a new thread

my 5 year old nephews fav player is Colby Rasmus. He will be out of town for the June 4th RASMUS Bobblehead game. He just came up to me and wrote June 4th on a sheet of paper & and said I hope you remember. lol

How early would I have to attend a 3:15 game? first 10k ppl get the bobble head. I've never gone early for any promotional give-aways.

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If you want one you need to be there when the doors open. I think its 2 hrs before game time maybe 3 I would check the Astros website to be sure.

1 person likes this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Machado is awesome.

Altuve's slump started before the lineup change. He went hitless last 2 games vs TEX, and only one hit each 2 games prior to that.

Giles... right when he finally closes he surrenders that long one. Still confident, but didn't need that.

- Awesome setting the K-record :eek: :eek: Good for Houstun
    - First sweep
    - First 3-game winning streak
    - Feliz and McCullers did very well

Still a high hill to climb, but there's potential

#404 Houstunna, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Thanks. Just looked and it says.....

3:10PM Games:

- The gates will open at 1:00PM with access limited to the main concourse and lower bowl seating.

- The Season Ticket Holder Entrance will open at 12:30PM with access limited to the main concourse and lower bowl seating.

- Full ballpark access begins 90 minutes before first pitch.

Would you think 10k ppl are standing out there at 1pm ? Should I go earlier? I'm not sure how crazy ppl go for these type of promos.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You should not have to wait in line early to get a promo. Promos are often still available up through game time (though some entrances will run out before others). If you show up when gates open, you will get one. For whatever reason, some people will just skip past the promo items and not even get one, though a bobblehead is obviously one of the better promos.

1 person likes this.
  7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

The bullpen has some absurd numbers on the year. 10.08 K/9 (3rd in MLB), 1.96 BB/9 (1st), 2.96 xFIP (FIP adjusted to normalized HR rates [1st]), 2.7 WAR (1st).

1 person likes this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agreed. There was a line for the Biggio HOF bobble-head (which has a terrible likeness, btw).... But I doubt they ran out after everybody passed through the initial line.

Still, better to be safe.

Also, it's far more comfortable to wait for the gates to open inside air-conditioned union station... Vs. outside in the hot/muggy sun for a 3pm game.

1 person likes this.
  9. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Some observations from this great series sweep over the Orioles:
    1. It's great to see the bottom of the lineup hit better, whether that's Valbuena, Castro, or Kemp depending on the lineup.
    2. Our relief pitching was historic.
    3. McCullers is already rounding into form.
    4. Moran needs to be sent back down.
    5. Bob Barker 007 needs to go to more games.

Already feeling better about this team.

1 person likes this.
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Any save in which you are working your 3rd straight night is a quality one.

Really is a shame we laid another egg against the Rangers. Otherwise we are 4-1-1 in our last 6 series, with 5 of those 6 series being against the 5 best teams in the AL.

The team is playing really good ball, but the Rangers are clearly the boogeyman that they are gonna have to slay. After this last series, I am convinced there is a legitimate mental issue playing against them.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

While this is true sometimes do not bank on it being the case for a bobblehead. Even when the team was complete trash fans lined up for bobbleheads and I've missed out trying to show up when the game starts. If you want to definitely get one, show up and wait in line. No one can be sure how popular any particular promo will be. Also some gates are longer than others. I was go to the one around the corner from the diamond level entrance.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Gates open 2 hours before the game. After you get the bobble head, you can go out to left field seats and see if you get catch a ball. The away team should be taking BP and should put 20 or so balls into the stands.

13. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

they gave our shirts when I went to the rangers game last Saturday at 6:10. I got there at 2.

Im going to the a's game as well. I'll be there at 11:30.

14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

The ball he hit on Wednesday opposite field to left center was a thing of beauty, completely locked in and was an excellent approach. Hopefully it is a sign that our hitting coach is working hard and telling these guys to hit it where the pitch it.

15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed, until we play the Rangers...:mad: Sucks cause I live in DFW so I can't stand losing to the lucky Rangers and their bandwagon fans.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If only we played the Orioles for 58% of our games.

17. jsingles

jsingles Member

And that's with Giles being a gascan for the first month of the season. These numbers should dictate us making a run over the next several weeks to get back into contention.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

One could make a case that a major contributing factor to how the season as a whole has shaped up is a mental one.

19. Buck Turgidson

Good job Stros...home winning streak now at 4.