1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 30, 2014.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Do we still want him? :

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Look for Suh deal to be massive. I keep hearing$17M/year and $60M-plus guaranteed. If he doesn't land in Miami won't be for lack of effort</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/573653729616003072">March 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I literally cannot think of one thing Brooks Reed brings to the table

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's decent at setting the edge against the run......that's all I got.

4. Buck Turgidson

He's one of the best I've ever seen at showing up 2 steps after someone else has made the play and piling on.

1 person likes this.
  5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Some real comedians at work

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hear he's a helluva blocker

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Hartline isn't replacing Andre Johnson; he's (more or less) replacing Keyshawn Martin/Demarius Johnson (ie he would be a significant upgrade). If BOB is building his offense smiliar to the system he helped construct/run in NE, the other WR will likely be a fast afterthought.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Bears are preparing to trade WR Brandon Marshall. Among the teams Chicago has spoken to are the Colts and Browns.

(via <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter">@AdamSchefter</a>)</p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/573875527351672832">March 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Apparently the Colts are going with the offense first YOLO philosophy

10. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Officially A Jet. I Officially don't care anymore.

11. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Would It be weird if the Colts got Andre and We got Reggie? Not that I'm an advocate for Reggie, but that would be pretty damn hilarious lol.

12. Hey Now!

Wow; third team in... what? Four years? And he's not terribly expensive, given his production. He must be an issue of some kind in the locker room.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Isn't he the one that was batting down balls in practice a few years ago? I saw a Football Life on him and I believe he actually has a real mental disorder.

14. Hey Now!

Ahhhhhh....
    Well now I kind of wish the Colts *had* gotten him...

15. conquistador#11

wtf? hartline will take less money to pay with brady but not us? did he not get the memo? we do things the patriots way here..grrr!

On kareem, I have mixed feelings. He is the best at jamming and being physical but five years in and he has barely improved on locating the ball. I still love how joseph plays when healthy. One of those two has to be kept though. Our young defensive backs of bouye and rolle had as much impact as some of the best 1st, 2nd and 3rd round cbs from the 2013 draft class. And with how coach likes players to play multiple positions, I would not be surprised if morris becomes a FS. All of them can cover. Bouye still gets knocked around within the 5 yards by the Aj greens of the league but that's technique.

Love the potential of our defense just got to stock up on Linebackers (insert parcells quote on LBs)

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wow Chargers sign Jacoby Jones

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

The bears organization is a mess. Marshall was the least of their problems. When they were playing well everyone loved him but when they were playing bad he became a problem. Yes, he talks a lot but he's a great story and inspiration to so many. This is similar to what is going on in Houston. Jeffry's rise made Marshall replaceable and he is not the new coach's guy.

18. Hey Now!

Maybe; but this is his fourth (!) team since 2010, and the third to trade him. And it's not like he's overpaid or underperforming. He's 27, a top 5-10 WR in football and he's currently the 16th highest paid player at his position. Heck, he's not even the highest paid WR on his new team (Eric Decker).

And the Bears are eating nearly $6MM for a 5th round pick.

I don't know who he's inspiring or why but it's pretty hard to fathom a legitimate narrative in which he's just been routinely misunderstood, etc. And it seems to run a lot deeper than just money. The Bears could have had him and Jeffery for less than the Texans were paying AJ.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Marshall only going about 7 million against the cap next year. Texans should have taken that in a heartbeat.

20. Hey Now!

For a WR2 that BOB expects to catch 40-45 passes?