1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So with Swearinger the Texans also waived James Rouse and Jake Cotton.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Wow. How bad was Jake Cotton to be released so quickly?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It could be that they just liked Moore, Brown, and Treadwell more.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Agree. I think sometimes when this is the case, teams will release guys early out of respect to them to possibly allow them to catch on with another team for camp.

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

8. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I noticed Chris Meyers is stil a FA. Should the Texans try and bring him back on the cheap? He's an awesome center and a cap casualty but if noone else signs him?? Or is the FA market still churning

9. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

The FA market will be picking back up here shortly.

To put it simply, He isn't strong enough or big enough to play in O'brien's system. He was great for us when we were a ZBS offense and he could move off guys, and or knew where he was going before the d-line had a chance. He was very bad for us last year, and it should a lot of the time. He could be good depth and help Jones transition to being the starter, but I don't really see him coming back unless he has no other options.

He has even stated at some charity event this past week that Jone's is his out right replacement and is going to do big things as the starting center. That he loves the dude, and believes he's going to be a great pro.

I love the dude, but he doesn't have a whole lot of value with this offense.

O'brien has been stating and operating since he's been here that he wants this team bigger and more physical, and he's been doing that methodically.

10. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Thought I proofed it bettter than that.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Longest offseason ever.

12. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2469709-robert-kraft-says-patriots-wont-appeal-teams-deflategate-punishment

Bob McNair's comments on Pats owner Robert Craft not appealing the deflategate punishment:

13. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/19/bob-mcnair-kraft-dropping-appeal-the-smart-thing-to-do/

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, it's almost news

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jadeveon Clowney not doing full field work yet, but on track in his rehab, O'Brien says. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> <a href="http://t.co/O2wgOsKgzD">http://t.co/O2wgOsKgzD</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/600743620174577664">May 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I just wish we knew where on track he was. I am guessing they are hoping to get him playing again mid season or at the 3/4 mark. Seems intentional that they are not giving a timeline which I understand but updates about how he is on pace with this mystery expectation kinda sucks. I wonder if they are trying to protect him from the media and fans if it takes him longer than they are actually hoping it would take.

There were enough injuries before he went down with the knee to suggest his body has strucrual issues with respect to the physical demand that is put on it given its size. However, I don't think that would come into play if he doesn't come back until the end of the year or at all. The procedure is tough enough. As frustrating as it is, next season is going to be the tell on the guy.

Yao would have had a better career if he was 5 inches shorter and put less of a demand on his foot. I don't know if Clowney would be better if he was smaller but the demand he puts on his body with the explosiveness of an edge rusher is just too much for that frame. Hope he proves me wrong though.

16. Nook

Nook Member

They need to stop talking about Clowney. Every time his rehab is brought up, it is just a reminder that we blew the #1 pick in the draft.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

So, if he comes back and plays well, we still blew the pick? And we blew it because somehow we should've known he'd get injured in the regular season?

At least wait and see what he does before making a definitive statement like that. The Clippers sure did blow that Blake Griffin pick, didn't they? What a waste.

:rolleyes:

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Apparently the Texans are one of a few teams to still be considered for Hard Knocks. Per John McClain...which means we have no chance. :(

20. Remix

Remix Member

We're also considered the favorites. I think the other two teams they are looking at are the Browns and Bills

If we do get it I wish Andre were still on the team. Same goes to Swearinger. Dude would of been entertaining as hell to watch throughout training camp.