1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Number One Pick Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Raven

Raven Member

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So it's locked up now right?

3. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

no.

Assuming we lose to Denver.. If Washington beats Dallas, it's locked up.

If we lose, and Wash loses.. It comes down to Hou vs Tenn & Wash vs NYG.

If we win @Tenn & Wash loses @NYG.. Wash will most likely have the first overall pick because they have a weaker Strength of Schedule. As you probably know, Washington's 1st round pick goes to STL.

1 person likes this.
  4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Great so we control our destiny, just lose baby.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I'm worried about the game vs the Titans. We may actually win that one

6. platypus

platypus Member

Don't worry those boys on kirby will find a way to lose.

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Ya know, I guess there is a chance.

But, Tennessee has a physical defense and an offense that is sort of well rounded.

I would be more worried if the game was at home, but it being in Tennessee & us coming off a butt kicking from Denver makes me think Tennessee will put us away rather quickly.

The physicality of Tennessee's defense and offensive line should present major problems for the texans who just want this season to end as quickly as possible.

8. AB423

AB423 Member

Texans will beat the Broncos next week

ha, j/k

I don't think the Texans will beat the Titans.. They are decent team all around.. I can see CJ2K running for 200 yards that day.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I hope that Washington beats Dallas next week while we lose to Denver. That'll cement the #1 pick for us. Then I hope we beat the **** out of the Titans.

1 person likes this.
  10. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I was actually unsure about who to root for. Falcons have a stronger SOS but only by the smallest of margins (.555 to .553) draft order here. Depending on the last 2 weeks of the season this could EASILY change for the worse for us (small aside but we and ATL have had the toughest schedules this year).

Washington on the other hand has a SOS of only .514 and I think it would be very, very hard for enough non-common opponents W-L's in the final 2 weeks to make up that big of a difference. So I settled on a tenuous rooting for ATL since the skins have at least 1 if not 2 possibly winable games left and ATL has 2 extremely tough games left.

But the reality is that if we and Wash end up tied at season's end then we will almost assuredly not get the top pick because of SOS. The good thing is that unless we win out then we are assured of at least the 2nd pick now.

11. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

That would be my fav scenario as well. One of the things that pissed me off to no end the year Indy got Luck is that they had enough of a cushion to where they were able to beat us at the end of the season and STILL get the no.1 pick. grrrrrh!

I'd love to be able to do that to Bud's old team.

(and the 'girls losing is always nice as well)

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans have secured a top two pick.

Washington @ NY Giants
    Houston @ Tennessee

13. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Would the rams take a qb with the first round pick?

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Damn Redskins blew that game today.

15. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Doubt it.

They are still heavily invested in Bradford thanks to the old style #1 pick contract. 2 years left on it, and he's improved too much over the last 2 seasons to just eat that money.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

If they absolutely think Bridgewater will be better than Bradford, I won't be surprised if STL decides to trade away Bradford.

17. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

OK.

Regardless of many outcomes that are technically possible, I still doubt STL drafts a QB in the first round.

18. MONON

MONON Member

We need to draft a qb this year, but is there one worthy of a #1 or#2 pick available. There definitely isn't a Luck or RGIII there. Besides I wouldn't put a rookie qb behind our o-line anyway. That's why my preference (if we keep our 1st pick;)) would to draft OT Jake Matthews 1st. It's been toooo long since we've had a Matthews at OT. We could then start the "Luv Ya Battle Red" days. :grin:

19. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I like Matthews too. I'd be just as happy drafting him as Clowney or Barr. Brown & Matthews at the corners would have potential to form a line that makes mediocre QBs look great. I'd also expect Matthews & Brooks to make running to the right a lot easier for our backs.

20. seeingred

seeingred Member

No, but they'll listen to offers from teams picking behind us who are trying to trade up. Very possible that if STL ends up with #1 we get leap-frogged.