1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Number One Pick Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Nov 24, 2013.

1. today

today Contributing Member

I think from here on out, I'm going to root for Indy to lose so their 1st round pick (going to Cleveland) is as high as it can be. Then I'm going to hope that we trade down with Cleveland for their two #1s.

Is that reasonable that we could get say, #5 and #20 for #1?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Actually yes, I can see Cleveland doing that deal. Probably takes us clear out of the Barr, Clowney, Bridgewater hunt though. I would not do that deal unless they throw in at least a 2nd rounder at some point.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Heading into this week, Football Outsiders suggested that the Texans had a 59.7 percent chance of ending up with the first pick in the much-ballyhooed 2014 draft, with no other individual team enjoying odds above 10 percent. That figure will only rise after this loss; the Jaguars, who had an 8.9 percent chance of claiming the top pick, will now find it virtually impossible to claim a top spot that seemed surely theirs just a month ago.1 Houston is now 2-11, leaving it 1.5 games "ahead" of Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and St. Louis (via Washington). Its remaining schedule is brutal; the Texans travel to play Luck and the Colts next week and then host the mighty Broncos. It seems extremely likely they'll be 2-13 heading into their season-ending trip to Tennessee.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

This! Plus try and get another pick next year maybe 2nd or 3rd... Cleaveland gets a shot to go for the best QB and we have a shot to get a top QB and another top level player.

I would jump all over trading out of that top spot as I am not sold on Bridgewater and Clowney is not what we need.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Clowney is one of the best defensive prospects since Julius Peppers.

Please draft this guy.

Add to that stacked defense. Get rid of the scheme.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The defense is not stacked. You have one player who you would say could definitely be an integral part of any team in the league. The rest of the players are guys who are either replacement level or simply "solid.:

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Are you dense? We are about to have to give Watt $100 million, we don't have enough resources to spend the best draft pick we have had since Mario Williams (the last "can't miss" defensive #1 pick) on Clowney who however good he might be, there is no way he is anywhere near as good as J.J is and will be for the next ten years...

We must go for a QB with our first pick, but we also need LB help like really bad and Safety help. There are holes everywhere!

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I see what you're saying and I agree with you. But, if the team is paying Watt some QB money, wouldn't you want someone who can help him dominate, instead of being paid $100 million to be double and triple teamed? If Clowney is half as good as everyone knows he can be, he can take pressure off of JJ and let him wreak havoc in the backfield. If someone is gonna pay Watt that kind of money, they need to make sure they maximize his ability and give him the best opportunity to be dominant.

As far as the #1 pick goes, this team can afford to win 1 more game, and I hope it's next week in Indy. When the Colts Sucked for Luck, they finished 2-14, but those 2 wins came against their division rivals, us and Tennessee. I would love to have our 3rd and final win against either Indy or Tennessee in the final game of the season.

9. The Stig

The Stig Member

Would St. Louis do a #3 and #15 for #1? They can get Bridgewater and cut ties with Bradford?

We can get Jake Matthews and CJ Moseley with those two picks I think?! OT and LB can help us right away.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Notre Dame's Nix signs with agent, heads to NFL

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=8603

What’s the latest on Brett Hundley/QB/UCLA? Numerous sources tell me Hundley wants to enter the draft but all the feedback he’s receiving has recommended he return for another season. I’m told those close to Hundley will advise him to stay in school another season and the program is working hard to re-recruit their signal caller. It comes down to whether Hundley will be happy as a second round pick in 2014 or wants to enter the 2015 draft as a potential top ten selection if things work out.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Washington is about to be 3-10 only 1 game behind us.

Atlanta is down 22-21 with 3 minutes left

Minnesota up 12-7 vs Vikings

TB up 24-6 gong into 4th vs Buffalo. Probable win.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dude is a #1 pick, he (Clowney) can be as good as he wants to be.

The question is yes, do you want to tie that much money on the Dline? There is potential there, having a elite d-line CAN win you superbowls. It is why pass rushers are paid so much.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Ughhh stupid Ravens!

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston lost(2-11)
    Atlanta lost(3-10)
    Washington lost(3-10)(St. Louis)
    Vikings lost(3-9-1)
    Oakland lost(4-9)
    Buffalo lost(4-9)
    Cleveland lost(4-9)
    Jaguars won(4-9)
    Tampa Bay won(4-9)
    Pittsburgh lost(5-8)
    Tennessee lost(5-8)
    St. Louis lost(5-8)
    NY Giants lost(5-8)

#194 J.R., Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  15. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Vikings technically 1.5 games back for the first pick.

16. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Pass rushers are much more important than a RT, draft whoever is left from Barr or Clowney in that situation than get CJ Mosley and our front seven will be much improved.

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

It would be my dream scenario to trade with St Louis for their 2 picks, then turn around and trade the Redskins pick (via St Louis) to Cleveland for their 2 picks. The Texans would end up with 2 picks in the 8-15 range and the Colts pick, which will probably be mid 20's.

Extremely unlikely, but would be awesome. Rams probably wouldn't do that deal unless they want Bridgewater, though I think they're after Matthews, and he should be available where they're currently slotted with the Washington pick.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Seriously, if Hundley is really graded as a 2nd round pick that would be great for us.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Watt is a once in a generation player! Do you really think Clowney with his "I don't give a damn" attitude could even tie Watts cleats?

The teams that are in the playoff hunt have stable QB play, until we get that we are waisting our time. That's what the salary cap makes this league, a QB competition!