1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 4

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

so now the jets are worse. they lost revis and the RB Joe McKnight is mad because Rex Ryan switched him to the defense as a cornerback, also Kyle Wilson (3rd CB behind Cromartie and Revis) is mad about this situation too.

so things doesnt look to good for the jets.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Wouldn't have mattered. If a deal weren't reached in time for Thursday's game, that wouldn't have prevented regular officials from returning Sunday.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I understand that but that would have been stupid also.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not at all. It would have been stupid to ruin 15 more games for no good reason.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

If the Texans were playing on Thursday, I would have wanted it to be fair to have the same kind of officials for all of the games that week. So yes, I think it would have been stupid.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think they(the NFL) would "sacrifice" a thursday game with bad refs. Their plan for ref assignments so far were that the most "experienced" ones would get the big stage games like SNF and MNF, and these last two games ended up being the worst officiated ones so far. More referee shenanigans on NBC and ESPN would be the last thing they want.

If I were a Browns fan, I'd be mad about getting shafted. But I'd be mad/sad 100% of the time anyways due to the other stuff that comes with being a Browns fan.

8. plates300

plates300 Member

danggggg...Cribbs got leveled. Hope he's ok.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Cribbs just got smacked

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

so did the crowd give the refs an ovation?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Refs got an ovation. Refs tipped their caps to the fans. Lead ref Gene Steratore received a hug from Ray Lewis.

12. David Stern

David Stern Member

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

robertson been everywhere tonight

14. conquistador#11

great defensive battlefighting by the factory of sadness. But so far the best highlights came from an 17 year ngata playing rugby. =)

15. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I havent got to see trent run any this year....does he look good?

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

17. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Mayock and I think alike.

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I miss Leach

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Good effort by Cleveland tonight on the road. They look like a team that's just one step off from being decent. Weeden did a hell of a job all night evading Baltimore's pass rush, and stepping up into the pocket. They obviously need help in the secondary, but for the most part, they were a lot better than I was expecting.

On another note, Baltimore has looked beatable in every game outside of the game against Cincinnati. That defense is not the force it was last year....I'm sure Suggs being out has a lot to do with that.

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Cleveland looking good getting Baltimore's nose a little bloody. You sometimes have that back against the wall, joker game like the 49ers Vikings game where the underdog hears all week that they dont have a chance, then come in fired up. This Browns team that played tonight, with Joe Haden coming back, can definitely put up a fight in that division.

And the ravens d has given up a rushing touchdown every week now. Just some good CB play from Williams to save the game.