1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL: Week 3

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 19, 2013.

1. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Funny you ask, Pun. All of my cousins in Jersey and NY are diehard G-Men. I was born there too, but moved to Houston when I was young. Anyway, I always rooted for the Eagles to stomp NYG. My hate for the Giants boiled over during the Parcells/Simms era. As the years passed, I found myself developing an attachment to Cunningham, Reggie White and later, Westbrook. Donovan always had the tools but just couldn't lead the way I wished he would. Such a letdown. Coach Reid did impress at times, but again, just couldn't get over the hump.

Cool story tho, my brother-in-law went to high school in with kicker Matt Bryant in Orange, TX. One year (back in 2003) Matt got us end zone tix to the Giants vs. Eagles in the Meadowlands. Bryant was the K for NYG that year. You better believe I wore my Westbrook jersey! Man, he went off that Sunday too, and we absolutely crushed them in Jeresy. Almost got my ass kicked, but it was well worth the abuse. We sat next to Pettigoat's (Giant's OL) family and they were pissed. Haha

I'm on the west coast now (SF) but still follow Philly closely. I'm not panicking just yet, but I'd like to see Chip use some new schemes on D.

BTW, 9er fans are really beginning to irritate me too. Could be why I'm starting to root for Seattle now.

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

are the KC Chiefs, the Cardinals of this season? the Cardinals started 4-0 with wins against Seattle and New England (also against Miami and Philly).
    they look good now tho.

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Alex Smith > Kolb
    J. Charles >> Beanie Wells/LSH

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Kansas city may win 11-12 games in a relatively weak AFC, though I feel like they are missing something to be considered a next level team.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

A few years ago in the Chiefs last playoff game, they were at home against the Ravens. One of the Ravens (Ed Reed?) put a hit on McCluster that took the heart out of the Chiefs and the Ravens won in a rout.

Chiefs aren't anything like the Cardinals last year. Wouldn't be surprised if they grab a wild card. I'm rooting for them and the Dolphins to be wild cards.

6. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

penalties, penalties, penalties

Mike Shanahans teams are so undisciplined... i feel bad for RG3.. he needs a better coach

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

GB are the new Cowboys

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

marvin lewis says hi :p

9. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

the shanahans are OVERRATED

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

but they actually have talent on offense and a defense, put RG3 on the Bengals with AJ Green and they win SB's

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. The Drake

The Drake Member

Wow Bengals, throwing away a 14-0 lead

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Luckily, their defense is actually good to prevent them from completely throwing the game away, it could easily be a one or two score game.

14. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Vikings are letting the Browns "dawg" them in their own house.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

And the Cowboys are the old Green Bay (at least for today).

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Anyone watching Giants vs. Panthers? The box score and 17-0 deficit look pretty bad for the G-Men. For them to give up 6 sacks in the 1st half to a team like the Panthers leads me to believe they might be done.

I considered them almost a sure thing today. But it ain't over till it's over and the Panthers are a terrible 2nd half team under Ron Rivera.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I saw something like they Giants had 13 total yards and 1 passing yard into the third quarter. lol

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The Panthers' front seven maybe amongst the best in the league. In fact, it maybe the team's greatest strength ... for the Giants to be down 17-0 is the shocking part, because the Panther's haven't really looked it.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

OK GB are good again.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Cam is on fire, today.... but they are playing the Giants' pitiful defense.