1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 2

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Sep 11, 2012.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

In Chicago, he hasn't acted like that and in watching I don't see anything different in what he does or acts than most of other QB in the league.

As for that good luck comment which I've seen overplayed, he was referring to press coverage that killed the Bears WR corp last year.

Greenbay didn't play much press coverage from what I could tell either.

The more telling comment was far less publicized, when Cutler tempered expectations during the same news conference Tuesday.

Cutler acknowledged that there’s a “different energy” with the offense, but he added a warning.

“We have to be careful,” he said. “We’ve only played one game.”

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/foot...il-to-pass-test-in-23-10-loss-to-packers.html

Which swings be back to my point about everything the guy says or does being overblown.

Hell some people were complaining earlier this week, in Chicago, when he asked the home crowd to be quieter when they were in the red zone.

#61 GRENDEL, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Heard some talk out of the Bears: Packers secondary not working coverage, bigger receivers ... we heard about it," Woodson told ESPN's Rachel Nichols after the game. "We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it's the same-old Jay. We don't need luck; Jay will throw us the ball."

"I mean, the proof is in the pudding. You see the way the game went tonight ... he threw the ball to the defense," Woodson said of Cutler.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lol damn sick burn

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

C-Wood and Jay have been in rival divisions on two teams that hate each other dating back to Cutler's rookie year in Denver when Woodson was still with the Raiders.

Safe to say those two probably don't like each other much. And Cutler didn't seem to take too kindly to Woodson trying to twist his ankle last night.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Cutler got a little bit too cocky playing vs a ridiculously young and bad defense in Indy. Glad he got embarrassed like he did.

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Ouch.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight Freeney out with a high ankle sprain.

DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin listed as questionable.

Revis, Keller and Bryan Thomas all out for NY.

Jake Locker will start for Tennessee.

Steelers' Polamalu and Harrison listed as questionable but unlikely to play.

'Bears fear a potential Cutler mutiny'

8. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Oh please. Somebody got hurt in the feelings because big bad Jay chewed him out for not doing his job?

Nobody was criticizing Aaron Rodgers for eviscerating James Jones after throwing an interception.

10. ubigred

A.Rod is a mild tempered guy. When was the last time you saw him lose his cool like that?

Meanwhile , Cutler has a long history of being a petulant baby. He crossed the line when when he pushed his lineman.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

lol crossed the line. A small little push.

Talk about overreaction. I think people hate Cutler just to hate him. It's sad.

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

People hate Cutler because he runs his mouth like he's some kind of elite QB but he has yet to even make the postseason. He didn't learn in Denver & he obviously hasn't learned in Chicago. Hate's well deserved.

13. ubigred

Lomas Brown (gentle giant) and Mark Schlereth both admitted to having bad days against premiere pass rushers. Cursing and yelling were fine, however they both said if Cutler put his hands on them , they would have kicked his a$$.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rivers runs his mouth just as much and has the same amount of hardware to show for it.

Just because you got to the dance doesn't mean you ****ed the Prom Queen.

16. GRENDEL

That's what I've been saying since the NFC title game a few years back, for f*&k sake it's just nuts at this point.

ubigred show me an example of him doing something so outside the norm while he's been in Chicago.

I follow this team closely, listen to interview, read articles just as closely as I do Rockets stuff and I still haven't seen this laundry list of terrible behaviour. If you want talk about performance that one thing but this whole crap about his attitude and how he's such a bad guy, it's BS.

17. ubigred

He went to the AFC Champ game twice ....best record in the league.

Norv Turner .

18. ubigred

Ask Mike Martz.

19. ubigred

I trust Mike Florio. He is well respected in the business.

20. GRENDEL

Seriously, pretty much everyone thought it was a good move to get rid of Martz, if anything they criticized Lovie and the front office for keeping him as long as they did.