1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL: Week 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Nov 14, 2013.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Of Carolina's 6 remaining games, 4 are likely wins and the other 2 are against the Saints.

Just think if they hadn't lost those two close ones to start the season.

2. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

good call, the hit on brees yesterday that was called roughing was way worse than what we just saw

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DzGV06OKZTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

somehow ESPN or the media will spin that altercation between Brady and the ref and claim that Brady was just being a leader... but if that was Cam , it would be lead story on ESPN

5. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Well Keuchly was clearly impeding his progress and had his arms wrapped around him so I see the reason why the flag was thrown. But from my persepective he would have had to come back a lot to catch that touchdown.

So did the refs deem that uncatchable from Gronk's point of view and pick up the flag for that reason?

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

was holding when the ball was released, so should have been PI. However at the least should have been holding. How was that not catchable, the DB continue to push him towards the back, while the initial contact was exactly where the ball was thrown.

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

it was a good call,

i was more outraged with how many people defended the terrible call that went againist the 49ers yesterday... but i can kinda figure why

8. Major

Major Member

If it was anything, it was PI - definitely not holding because the ball was in the air when the contact happened. That said, it doesn't seem like Gronk was even trying to go for the ball. He never even tried to stop - he was continuing to go towards the back of the endzone. I don't think there was any way he was going to catch it even if there was no defender there at all. Not sure exactly how the rule works in that scenario.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This is gonna be a lead story on ESPN...bc that was a bad overturn of a call...It was holding. Im not a fan of how ESPN rides the crotch of Brady and Manning, but that was a hold 10 yds from LOS...shouldve been 1st and 8.

I thought the first holding call was a bit more bogus, but this was a clear hold in the endzone, right in front of the back line ref...

Holding calls are a 10 yd penalty...Brady should had one more chance...with no time on the clock...A PI wouldve been called if the ball was catchable...

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

guess i was wrong...you are correct...

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I thought it was a fair call. If anything, Gronk comes back and battles for the ball but won't catch it. It's Intercepted, so that negates the interference. Well explained by the EX-Zebra in the booth.

Watching the Belichick post-game pressed and to tip it off after a loss is as entertaining and grueling as watching paint dry and then some kid comes by and touches the paint. Hilarious. :grin: No one wants to ask stuff and no one asks difficult stuff.

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

you're also incorrect with a hold being 10 yards. It's 5 yards and an automatic 1st down. But like I said, it was clearly PI. That DB made contact around where the ball was thrown, and kept driving him and his momentum towards the back line.

anywho it doesn't really matter to me, Schaub still sucks

13. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

well Gronks lackadaisacal effort on that play contributed to having that flag picked up.

I bet if he put his foot in the ground and lunged through Keuchly to go and attempt to catch that ball we are having a whole different conversation right now.

It looked like he was set on the route he was running and didn't adjust to what was happening on the field. Sorry gronk but you are at fault as well.

14. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

15. Major

Major Member

Agreed - this seems to be the big problem. He didn't seem particularly interested in trying for the ball. If he stops running backwards and tries to run back through the defender, I think the call would have held up.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

could it have been considered illegal contact???

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I hate the pats, and that l still think they got jobbed.

18. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

ESPN seems pissed that the Panthers won this, Steve Young giving credit to the Panthers D lol, thats laughable... Carolina's D got torched, Cam outdueled Brady end of story.. no controversy here

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Cam made the plays in the end, Brady threw a pick

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I hate the Pats ever since the tuck rule, but they got robbed there. That was a PI period.

But congrats to the Panthers for a great win.