1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Nationals @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 22, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

**** off, BigTexxx

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Former trash ass Astros pitcher Oliver Perez with a 123 inning. Because of course.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Let's not argue, homies..... although local sports does usually lead to overwhelming frustration from suckage and embarrassment..

Rox Addict and Nook like this.
  4. awc713

awc713 Member

This thread is unfortunately Exhibit A of how CF Astros gamethreads have become unbearable. The Astros forum used to be full of good quality posts and intellectual takes. Now its just **** and misplaced emotion spewed on a keyboard. Really wish we could enjoy the 2017 season with just 'Stros CF posters from 2012-2015...

tellitlikeitis and Major like this.
  5. dandorotik

You're kidding, right? There have always been vehement discussions in game threads. It's to be expected. It's a thread that won't ever be replied on once the series is over. Really not a big deal.

Rox Addict and Nook like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Astros fans are like kids in the 4th ward that suddenly find themselves in River Oaks and then told they might have to settle for a 2800 sq ft suburbia household. A taste of success has them spoiled to the point of expecting it.

7. awc713

awc713 Member

Vehement discussions and arguments, sure. Absolutely. Love it. That's why I come here.

But the quality of posts this season--specifically during our skid--have been nothing short of terrible. The takes are whiny, and worse, not based in reality. Like, yeah, we're not a 116-win team. Get over it. We're still a good team, and no, Luhnow is not a bottom 5 GM like some make him out to be. Enjoy the freakin' ride. It's a long season, and yeah, we're bound to lose some games. The overreaction and schoolgirl bickering is something else...

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nook likes this.
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

has Springer hit a home run since coming off the DL?

10. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

I think one but it seems like he's back to his always trying to hit a jack swing.

11. Nook

Nook Member

I was here posting in 2012-2015 and the posts and posting style is not much different. I don't notice posters claiming that Luhnow is a bottom 5 GM; but maybe I have them blocked.

As far as the Astros being a good team; right now they aren't. Since the trade deadline they have been bad. The last 70 games they have been average. If you are saying the Astros will likely be a good (hopefully very good) team when healthy and by October; I agree with you. However right now there isn't much to be excited about.

Houstunna likes this.
  12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He seems to be back in some bad habits of trying to kill the ball and being off balance. He needs to watch some video of May-July Springer. The one who was hitting well over .300 with power. He's pressing...as are many of the guys. I really thing Correa's bat back in the lineup will cure a lot of ills.

Rox225 likes this.
  13. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm so sick of Rendons hairy arse ! Get him out of town please !!!!!

14. dandorotik

For what it's worth, I love you all.

boomboom, awc713 and Rox Addict like this.
  15. fiersdownbelow

People are assuming this "slump" is a just a "window". You better hope so.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not just that they are losing a few games it's that they have been really bad since the trade deadline and even all star break. This was a special season that has really gone down hill very fast. Yes their has been injuries but even the dodgers have had injuries and are still winning. This team has struggled against good pitchers and the top tier teams. My only complaint is that Lunhow just sat their at the trade deadline holding onto prospects when other teams improved hell the dodgers are still making trades and so are other teams knowing that winning a World Series only comes around so often. Yeah some posts might be silly but I think most people here just love this team and hate seeing what's happening right now. Hopefully they can get the magic back and with this talent it's definitely possible :)

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I was here too.

It seemed little successes were noticed more. Credit was given to guys that were putting in the effort, even when the result was another loss.

Sure, there was a lot of sour grapes, especially towards the skipper, but on the whole it seemed deserved. Certainly, losing was expected.

But mostly, there just wasn't as many folks posting. Only the die hards bothered to show up. So yes, in a sense, it seemed to me the quality of posts were a bit better, even if the tone was mostly sour.

This observation is paralleled in the GARM as well. Those years where expectations were high and things failed on the court, it was nearly unbearable.

kaleidosky likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Did Springer ever cut-down on his swing, though?

I knocked him in April for not shortening it with 2-strikes, but seemed he never did... he just got real hot. He's been falling to a knee the entire season. Let's just hope he re-heats. The missed time from last injury probably hasn't helped.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Time of your life JD... geez.

20. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Another series lost. :(