1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Mets @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, I'm having a HARD time finding 2 tickets that are together for tomorow's game. The only ones I find are on the view deck. (highest point). No thanks...

I'm hoping to find a pair in the Field or Crawford boxes. Never would have thought this game would be so sold out. Maybe due to Biggio's 3k?

2. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

The Astros are pretty much a lock for a sellout on the weekend games.

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Thats amazing how a guy can go from one of the best offensive 3rd basemen in the NL to one of the worst players in the majors. Dude is shell shocked

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

His stance is all jacked up...dude needs to go back to widening his stance and putting his lead foot back more...Other than that I think he's just about done. No trade value whatsoever unless another team thinks they can fix him. Unbelievable! I know he still has pop but for some reason he's going up there trying not to screw up. He needs to realize his days with the stros are almost over and just start whaling at the ball. Just go up there and SWING AT THE FIRST DAMN PITCH as hard as he can. Who cares what happens...It can't get any worse...Right?

5. Kerfeld

The other thing you could do is buy the two view deck seats and move. I have done that alot this year. The Astros and MMP have been really cool this year about letting people move up.

I hope Wandy keeps them down tonite. This is a very important game. We passed up two opportunities to gain ground heading into the break and Milwaukee is up 6-0 in the fifth against Washington already.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Freaking Wandy.

nice job.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wandy's ERA is lower than 4.00 now, he has been pitching VERY well....hopefully he keeps it up and Roy gets back on track, then maybe we can make up some ground.

DD

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I just saw the boxscore and watched none of the game. What happened with Wandy? I'd like to hear from someone who saw the game.

9. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yea I hate to see him go out like that but im glad Lamb is having a good season. He's a free agent at the end of the season and the crazy money that some players are getting I wouldnt be surprised to see another team offer Lamb alot more than the Astros.

10. Kerfeld

Way to go Wandy!!!!!

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

A week ago I was going to post about how Wandy's having a great year, and his ERA will drop based on his improving K/9 and K/BB ratios, and how they don't reflect in his ERA despite his BABIP, which is identical to his career average.

He's top 20 in those ratios, but like 50th in ERA.

I swear I'm a prophet.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Wandy was painting the corners with his fastball and throwing his curve for strikes. Wandy was also getting ahead and staying ahead in counts. Only a couple hard hits for the Mets that were outs.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Great game by Wandy. Nice to win one over the damn mets.

GO STROS.

I'm still trying to decide whether to get the view deck tix and try to move down.

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Best Pitcher Ever - Wandy Rodriguez

15. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Holy s***, Wandy pitched well... AGAIN?

SELL HIGH! SELL HIGH! GOGOGOGOGOGO!! SELLSELLSELLSELLSELL!!

16. Locke

Locke Member

I love 2 hr 18 minute games.

17. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

At home, the kid's lights out. 5-2 with a 1.81 ERA

on the road, 1-5 with a 6.60 era lol. still though, if he can keep up the dominant pitching at home and become a .500 pitcher on the road, we've got a pretty nice #4 starter on our hands.

18. Kerfeld

Lets see if Woody can keep the momentum going. He needs to have a good start and not get hit around today. Go Astros!

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'm not sure on this. Usually, you can spot flukes by the peripheral statistics... much like Robertson in 2003. But Wandy's peripheral statistics are outstanding.

Among NL starters, he's 14th in hits per 9, 7th in K/BB ratio, 14th in Ks per 9, 13th in WHIP... etc. Obviously, anything can happen... but I was as much of a skeptic on Wandy as anyone, and all evidence says this is legit.

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

quick question about last nights game

did reyes get yanked for not running to first??? did they say what happened on tv???